Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Preparing for Coronavirus 19 -- Beer and Upgraded Internet  (Read 3825 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Preparing for Coronavirus 19 -- Beer and Upgraded Internet
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 10:22:24 AM »

BTW, still digging the bigger cam in the internet service.  The previous upload speed was terrible.  Now the posts show up even before I type them. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 10:54:57 AM »

Lucky you.

In these bug infested swampy hinterlands we are still using kite string and tin cans as the delivery system for our internet.  Our local county, in it's infinite wisdom limited cable internet to only one provider back in 1824. It was a very large bribe that secured the contract and it gave them 200 years 100% exclusive rights to all high speed internet.  The county officials got paid off big time & citizens do not dare complain because of the Dungeon Clause.  The cable company used a hodge podge of old twine, baling wire, & electrical connectors that Ben Franklin had left over in his garage.  I think the brains for the entire system is a rewired accordion & a cowbell. Other internet provider companies (not the Favored One) were forced to use the telephone lines that Alexander Graham Bell personally installed in 1885 using a pair of wire cutters & a mule named Old Pokey.  We got rid of the hand crank phones a couple of years ago & Stella our operator does a great job connecting our calls unless she is napping.

Last year the county awarded an additional cable internet contract to some newfangled outfit that says they will be using high fiber metamucil brand cables.  Not sure what the bribe for that contract was, am guessing at least twice what the old bribe was.  chit gonna flow fast on those suckers we have been told. We expect that sometime in 2087 our neighborhood will receive this new service.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »

Lucky you.

In these bug infested swampy hinterlands we are still using kite string and tin cans as the delivery system for our internet.  Our local county, in it's infinite wisdom limited cable internet to only one provider back in 1824. It was a very large bribe that secured the contract and it gave them 200 years 100% exclusive rights to all high speed internet.  The county officials got paid off big time & citizens do not dare complain because of the Dungeon Clause.  The cable company used a hodge podge of old twine, baling wire, & electrical connectors that Ben Franklin had left over in his garage.  I think the brains for the entire system is a rewired accordion & a cowbell. Other internet provider companies (not the Favored One) were forced to use the telephone lines that Alexander Graham Bell personally installed in 1885 using a pair of wire cutters & a mule named Old Pokey.  We got rid of the hand crank phones a couple of years ago & Stella our operator does a great job connecting our calls unless she is napping.

Last year the county awarded an additional cable internet contract to some newfangled outfit that says they will be using high fiber metamucil brand cables.  Not sure what the bribe for that contract was, am guessing at least twice what the old bribe was.  chit gonna flow fast on those suckers we have been told. We expect that sometime in 2087 our neighborhood will receive this new service.

Couldn't help it. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 12:43:32 PM »

Couldn't help it. 

Thank you, my day is now much brighter!  :2vrolijk_21:

In all that sea of garverbage you picked out the one word that mattered.   ;D

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 01:38:39 PM »

Couldn't help it. 

One of the greatest Skits of all time!!! ;D

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »

So with all the "social distancing" we are supposed to adhere to, how the heck am I supposed to get a haircut? I cannot wait until July or August as they say we may have to wait. It is already touching my ears! My dad would dis-own me if he saw me!
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2020, 10:03:50 PM »

Seriously? Do like the rest of us half bald guys. Grabs the trimmer and buzz it down yourself. Tell ya, third world problems I tell ya...
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2020, 10:06:36 PM »

This thread needs more cowbell.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2020, 11:25:41 PM »

All threads need more cowbell.  Just sayin'.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2020, 12:46:50 AM »

So with all the "social distancing" we are supposed to adhere to, how the heck am I supposed to get a haircut? I cannot wait until July or August as they say we may have to wait. It is already touching my ears! My dad would dis-own me if he saw me!

You could try this.....

https://www.flowbee.com/

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2020, 12:47:51 AM »

What if the artist was trying to paint a brown dog with big ears and people just thought it was some guy screaming?

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »

Be Advised
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 01:35:25 PM »

Have you ever watched NCIS on TV?  If so, just take the same approach used by Gibbs.  Put a bowl on your head, then buzz off everything the bowl doesn't cover.  I believe they used to call that style "white sidewalls". :nixweiss:  I bought a small battery operated trimmer some time back for a different reason (removing body hair before going for medical testing or procedures), and I'm considering trying to trim what's left on my head with it.  If there is a God, he has a very cruel sense of humor.  As I got older the hair on my head got thinner and thinner, but the hair on the rest of my body started growing like a weed.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »

I work in a toilet paper plant and we know the real reason for the shortage....

When there is a group of people assembled all it takes is a sneeze or a cough and the 20 people standing around chits all over theirselves trying to get away
Most great stores start with a bad decision

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2020, 09:46:50 PM »

Locals reacting to Official Announcements:

Locals after listening to news reports about the latest announcements:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 25 queries.