Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: king tour pack where are you!!!  (Read 18880 times)

Big D

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: king tour pack where are you!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 05:31:16 PM »

:orange:

Big D

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

seadog

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 05:56:08 PM »

Very nice!  I hope mine comes in before June.  Thanks for posting.

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Candy Cobalt/Twilight BLUE RG
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 09:02:05 AM »

The comment on Gunslinger not being allowed to paint CVO colors on parts that are available from isn't entirely true.  He can do collision repair and custom work.  Best thing to do is call and ask.  I'm having my king TP painted to Candy Cobalt but I'm keeping the graphics out of it because I refuse to pay 1200+ for a 100% matching TP besides I think a solid color will go with the flow of the graphics anyhow.  I'll get a razor or chopped from HD with graphics when funds allow.

seadog

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 09:21:12 AM »

Yes, Gunslinger is allowed to do collision work but i'm here to say, and this is right from the goat's mouth, they will not paint CVO colors on any part you can order from Harley in a CVO paint scheme.  I even asked if they would at least paint my 4-point docking hardware in Roman Gold and they said "no, they are restricted from doing that." 

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »

Yes, Gunslinger is allowed to do collision work but i'm here to say, and this is right from the goat's mouth, they will not paint CVO colors on any part you can order from Harley in a CVO paint scheme.  I even asked if they would at least paint my 4-point docking hardware in Roman Gold and they said "no, they are restricted from doing that." 

Not sure who you talked to, but "from the goats mouth" they can/will paint CVO colors, but they are not permitted to paint the entire CVO paint schemes (unless collision work) that they were contracted to do on the production bikes.  I also just shipped my King TP to them yesterday for a fresh coat of solid Candy Cobalt (minus twilight blue and smoked graphics).

Why they wouldn't paint your docking hardware is beyond me, because HD doesn't offer that part in Roman Gold so they should be allowed to do so.  FWIW, find a good powder guy and he can match the paint with powder, that's what I did with my docking hardware.

seadog

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »

I called twice and spoke to two different people.  One about the tour pak and the other about the docking hardware.  If you can provide a specific name for me at Gunslinger, please, please do so.  I need to talk to that person that will authorize some painting for me.  Thanks in advance.

93-331-29psi

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »

Seadog... PM sent

RANDIT

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »

Still waiting .....

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »

Anniversary king in four weeks.
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 11:42:46 PM »

I called twice and spoke to two different people.  One about the tour pak and the other about the docking hardware.  If you can provide a specific name for me at Gunslinger, please, please do so.  I need to talk to that person that will authorize some painting for me.  Thanks in advance.

I have spoke with Shauna  several times since December trying to get my vented lowers and speaker surrounds painted in the '09 Charcoal Slate for the '09 SERG.
She has been consistant with me, explaining that if Harley offers it, then you have to go through Harley (ie. Harley offers the non-vented lowers in the P&A catalogue, so if I wanted non-vented lowers, I would have to go through Harley) The MoCo's licensing agreement is very clear and very restrictive, especially when it comes to CVO paints.
Gunslinger has a lengthly back log when it comes to "customer paint" as Harley has expanded their contracts and Gunslinger has also expanded their facility recently.
The last time I spoke with Shauna (last week) I asked her if they could paint a set of the heat shields that attach on the frame rails in front of the side covers and Shauana said they would paint them for me.
I think the only reason that they agreed to paint the heat shields and speaker surrounds is that they are already mixing paint for the vented lowers. In fact, they are trying to bump me up on the list to paint my '09 Charcoal Slate stuff at the same time as another customer that is ahead of me on the waiting list...
They probably don't want to just paint your docking station by itself... 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

RANDIT

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »

Still waiting on my king. Ordered march 2. Leaving in 2 weeks for 2 week ride with the wife if it shows up.

crackers

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 02:26:42 PM »

All waxed up

Fullsac "D" pipe
4" Rineharts
Heads by Jack Larson
Diamond cut
TTS Tuner
Progressive 944's and Progressive Monotubes

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 03:56:10 PM »

Had my old TP painted to match because I couldn't take Rich busting my balls anymore about my non matching solid black TP.  ;) :huepfenlol2:

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »

Had my old TP painted to match because I couldn't take Rich busting my balls anymore about my non matching solid black TP.  ;) :huepfenlol2:

Nice shifter arm ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.