Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Author Topic: San Diego gas prices....  (Read 32033 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
San Diego gas prices....
« on: July 18, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »

I can still get diesel for $2.99 a gal. at a Chevron near my work.

But this is what I paid in downtown San Diego today.....a Union 76 station near San Diego Harley Davidson....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: San Diego gas prices....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »

We may not have the best roads, best weather, and any/everything else.... but.... we do beat your fuel prices. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »

What's going on in California to cause that JC?  That's almost double the price in the Midwest.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »

San Diego has been in the top 5 cities in the US for quite a while for gas prices. Unfortunately we also make the top list of quite a few things for most expensive as well as hardest state in the country to run a business, pay taxes, etc. We often refer to it as "the peoples republic of California"
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 04:47:25 PM »

What's going on in California to cause that JC?  That's almost double the price in the Midwest.

Jerry

Gas prices shot up over $ .75 a gal. in four days here, this past week.  The media always goes to the refineries and asks and it's always a bunch of weak excuses Jerry.  In my opinion it's nothing more than conspiracy and price fixing. Every year, for many years they've made record profits yet they keep claiming it's due to the cost of rebuilding the refineries or one refinery is down for routine maintenance, etc.

I mean we all know that Calif. has the highest gas taxes in the nation but that doesn't account for the serious fluctuation.  It goes through the roof almost over night but yet wholesale prices have dropped $ .20 a gallon in the last 24 hours but it hasn't dropped at the pumps.  It always goes up very fast and comes back down very slow.

But just like Harleys.......we have nobody to blame but ourselves because we keep buying it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 05:12:15 PM »

Geez, I filled up this morning in the cage for $2.39 and just a little bit ago on the bike for $2.82.  Saw a wire article a couple days ago about CA prices spiking again but didn't pay much attention to the details.  That's painful. 

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »

Jerry

:-\   You can get a different slant on the reasons for much higher gas prices in California by reviewing an article in todays Wall Street Journal  (Sat/Sun--7/18-19).  While the current national average is $2.76 a gallon,  in California it's $3.88.

"Since 1999, when Demo...Gray Davis became governor,  California gas prices has surpassed the national average principally due to more stringent fuel regulations............due to State and federal environmental mandates,  several  smaller, inefficient refineries in Calif. have shut down over the past two decades.  Only 14 refineries in Calif. produce the states "pristine" burning fuel, and most operate at nearly full capacity to stay cost-effective...............blah, blah, blah.

Thank environmental "wacko" billionaire Tom Steyer and his fellow liberal friends in Sacremento for these anti-carbon regulations promoted by a cartel of "green activists and liberal politicians aimed at raising energy costs to discourage consumption.

So,  back in 2006,  Californians were paying 23 cents more than the national average.  This disparity increased to 40 cnets in 2014 and now sits at $1.11. :drink:

So there you have the PROBLEM,  it is not as many want to believe that the refineries are screwing the public.  Very few refineries outside the state of Calif. blend the gas for Calif. reformulated fuel...........thus a refinerie breakdown,  means those others cannot make up the slack and prices explode. :nixweiss:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »

I paid 2.95 for Premium yesterday in Maryland. It has gone up about 2 months ago but it is finally starting to fall.

Be Safe

THE DAWG 
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 07:46:53 PM »

:-\   You can get a different slant on the reasons for much higher gas prices in California by reviewing an article in todays Wall Street Journal  (Sat/Sun--7/18-19).  While the current national average is $2.76 a gallon,  in California it's $3.88.

"Since 1999, when Demo...Gray Davis became governor,  California gas prices has surpassed the national average principally due to more stringent fuel regulations............due to State and federal environmental mandates,  several  smaller, inefficient refineries in Calif. have shut down over the past two decades.  Only 14 refineries in Calif. produce the states "pristine" burning fuel, and most operate at nearly full capacity to stay cost-effective...............blah, blah, blah.

Thank environmental "wacko" billionaire Tom Steyer and his fellow liberal friends in Sacremento for these anti-carbon regulations promoted by a cartel of "green activists and liberal politicians aimed at raising energy costs to discourage consumption.

So,  back in 2006,  Californians were paying 23 cents more than the national average.  This disparity increased to 40 cnets in 2014 and now sits at $1.11. :drink:

So there you have the PROBLEM,  it is not as many want to believe that the refineries are screwing the public.  Very few refineries outside the state of Calif. blend the gas for Calif. reformulated fuel...........thus a refinerie breakdown,  means those others cannot make up the slack and prices explode. :nixweiss:

While this lends explanation to the high gas taxes, it doesn't address the extreme swing in fuel costs.  Escalating $ .75 in just a week is a record increase and even though the wholesale cost has gone back down $ 20. a gallon, it doesn't explain why it's stayed at record levels at the pump.

Lately, each time it's escalated there's been an outcry for investigation into the oil companies and price fixing.  As I mentioned above, every time the prices increase the oil companies cry maintenance costs yet they continue to make record profits year after year and those profit percentages also climb each year.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 08:18:40 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »

I haven't filled up in a few days but I paid $4.85 for regular unleaded in Redondo Beach.  They tax the hell out of our gas in Ca.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »

Mustang Week this week in Myrtle Beach, SC.
We were there.
http://www.mustangweek.com/news/showarticle.php?articleID=33
Regular 2.19, got to keep the 03GT happy so I filled up @2.66 for premium.
Rock-n-Roll, Mustangs were everywhere!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

mark

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:49 AM »

So the oil companies have entered into a conspiracy to inflate gas prices in only San Diego or perhaps California?  A conspiracy that would have to involve thousands of people...and not one word has leaked out.  I'd say San Diego gas prices have more to do with California's political and environmental climate. 

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 09:55:53 AM »

Spot on Mark, Just got back from the West. Best prices were in NM.....$2.32 for diesel for truck, $2.89 for premium for the world's fastest SERK
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »

$2.89 for premium for the world's fastest SERK

It's Blue of course!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 10:09:05 AM »

So the oil companies have entered into a conspiracy to inflate gas prices in only San Diego or perhaps California?  A conspiracy that would have to involve thousands of people...and not one word has leaked out.  I'd say San Diego gas prices have more to do with California's political and environmental climate.

Yes, I believe it's due to a combination of oil company "disciplined marketing" (aka price fixing) and Calif's political and environmental climate.  The record profits year after year after year is not just in California.  The fact that we pay so much more than anywhere else in the nation is Calif's political/environmental climate. 

The high prices compared to the rest of the nation is Calif's political/envriomental climate.  The huge fluctations in prices is the oil companies.  What's really interesting is that Calif. has many, many oil wells and refineries but go to the surrounding states that don't have either oil wells or refineries and they don't have the huge fluctuations.  :nixweiss:

By the way.....and a whole other topic.....California's environmental climate has a trickle down effect to other states and the nation.

Just another part of the high cost of living in California.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 21 queries.