Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 7255 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Prostate Cancer
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 01:11:45 PM »

I too missed this thread the first time around so thanks for resurrecting it.  Every day is truly a gift and in spite of all the difficulties these blasted infernal machines of our cause us those are NOTHING compared to our health.  Cherish it.  Safeguard it.  Take care of yourself.    :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 03:34:09 PM »

Congrats to all that have beat or are beating that ugly "C".  A good friend of mine was diagnosed with prostate cancer, had his prostate removed and had treatments and is now living a good life.  Two years cancer-free.   My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and she beat that one through early detection.  Two years cancer free for her too.  You never think it can happen to you until someone close gets it...then it makes you realize how vulnerable you really are.  I get mine checked (blood work included) annually during my physical.  It's worth it no matter how much it costs.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »

:worthless:

(P.S. - It was great meeting you and Mrs. Chief!  Wait ... that doesn't rhyme with Kansas!)

I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures on the walk. I think they'll either love it or hate it. I offered it to AJ and he wouldn't wear it, regardless of how much I urged him to.

:indian_chief:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »

Ed,
Thanks for sharing your story and I appreciate the way you have offered to talk with others.

I too am a cancer survivor.....21 years now - PTL!  I was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma (Hodgkins) when I was 26 years old.  After test, biopsies, surgeries, and treatments (about six months in all) >> I have been healthy ever since.

I am now 47 years old and may very well be the healthiest 47 year old that you could ever meet.  As Ed and others have said, EARLY DETECTION is key!  Pay attention to things that change and go get them checked-out by your doc.

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 07:32:42 AM »

Thanks.. and very glad you're a survivor.

This is something that takes far too many men.
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2007, 07:12:27 AM »

Ed, I too missed this thread when you posted it I am truly happy for your early diagnosis! You might know that I am a Registered Ultrasound Technologist my first ten years was in urology. I assisted the doctor in the transrectal ultrasound and biopsy and then the treatment using the ultrasound machine the placement of the seeds. I saw a lot of men that were young and surprised but it truly is more common than most men want to believe. I think that it was said to be genetic but now I work for the VA Hospital and I see lots of Veterans and they have it and are actually being compensated for it so I guess it has something to do with Agent Orange. I now perform all types of ultrasound and see more cancer but I feel good in the fact I help make a early diagnosis. I just this week registered in Breast Ultrasound we see such subtle changes in the shades of gray but it can make a big difference if we can find them. I didn't mean to ramble I just am very passionate about what I do. I am very happy to see that the men on this site seem to have a handle on there health and mental state it is very good to talk to others that are going through the same thing.  And I want to say I hope each and everyone has a full recovery.

Helen

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 11:34:06 AM »

The "Walk for a Cure" in central Massachusetts was Sunday afternoon. We had a beautiful day for it.

It was a really good experience for my girls. It was a long and hot 5 miles and the pace is fairly brisk. I pushed them along and they felt as though they had achieved something when they finished.

I wanted them to get a sense of giving for someone else and I think they did. Everybody had their custom printed shirts showing the names of loved ones who have passed from cancer, others supporting family members that are in the fight, cancer survivors and others just there to help. People pushing wheel chairs and strollers, elementary and high school cheerleaders cheering the crowd at the start and finish.

I wish I were better able to put into words how it feels. To better emphasize the happiness and strength of the crowds there and the heart felt weight for those who couldn't be. The lonely moments when you slip into your own thoughts.

A collection of all walks of life, no ethic lines drawn, a common fight. It truly brings out the best of what people can be.

According to the MC there were 10,000 walkers when we got there and another 3 to 4K looking for parking. It's great to see such turnout, such support.

Thanks for letting me share a few thoughts with everybody.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2007, 11:36:06 AM »

Congrats to all that have beat or are beating that ugly "C".  A good friend of mine was diagnosed with prostate cancer, had his prostate removed and had treatments and is now living a good life.  Two years cancer-free.   My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and she beat that one through early detection.  Two years cancer free for her too.  You never think it can happen to you until someone close gets it...then it makes you realize how vulnerable you really are.  I get mine checked (blood work included) annually during my physical.  It's worth it no matter how much it costs.

Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

Red,
So glad to hear the good news about your friend and Mom. My Mother is a 17 year survivor herself.

Ed :2vrolijk_21:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »

Ed,
Thanks for sharing your story and I appreciate the way you have offered to talk with others.

I too am a cancer survivor.....21 years now - PTL!  I was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma (Hodgkins) when I was 26 years old.  After test, biopsies, surgeries, and treatments (about six months in all) >> I have been healthy ever since.

I am now 47 years old and may very well be the healthiest 47 year old that you could ever meet.  As Ed and others have said, EARLY DETECTION is key!  Pay attention to things that change and go get them checked-out by your doc.

LRebel,

21 Years!! Thats awesome!!

Ed

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 11:38:24 AM »

Thanks.. and very glad you're a survivor.

This is something that takes far too many men.

I agree, thanks Nidan!

Ed

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »

Ed, I too missed this thread when you posted it I am truly happy for your early diagnosis! You might know that I am a Registered Ultrasound Technologist my first ten years was in urology. I assisted the doctor in the transrectal ultrasound and biopsy and then the treatment using the ultrasound machine the placement of the seeds. I saw a lot of men that were young and surprised but it truly is more common than most men want to believe. I think that it was said to be genetic but now I work for the VA Hospital and I see lots of Veterans and they have it and are actually being compensated for it so I guess it has something to do with Agent Orange. I now perform all types of ultrasound and see more cancer but I feel good in the fact I help make a early diagnosis. I just this week registered in Breast Ultrasound we see such subtle changes in the shades of gray but it can make a big difference if we can find them. I didn't mean to ramble I just am very passionate about what I do. I am very happy to see that the men on this site seem to have a handle on there health and mental state it is very good to talk to others that are going through the same thing.  And I want to say I hope each and everyone has a full recovery.

Helen

Helen,
Not rambling at all. It's great to hear you're passionate about your work and helping others with early detection too. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks,
Ed

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »

Thanks to all for keeping this post going.  :2vrolijk_21:

As I've said before, my offer is always open, PM me if you need to talk.

Ed

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2007, 11:52:07 AM »

The "Walk for a Cure" in central Massachusetts was Sunday afternoon. We had a beautiful day for it.

It was a really good experience for my girls. It was a long and hot 5 miles and the pace is fairly brisk. I pushed them along and they felt as though they had achieved something when they finished.

I wanted them to get a sense of giving for someone else and I think they did. Everybody had their custom printed shirts showing the names of loved ones who have passed from cancer, others supporting family members that are in the fight, cancer survivors and others just there to help. People pushing wheel chairs and strollers, elementary and high school cheerleaders cheering the crowd at the start and finish.

I wish I were better able to put into words how it feels. To better emphasize the happiness and strength of the crowds there and the heart felt weight for those who couldn't be. The lonely moments when you slip into your own thoughts.

A collection of all walks of life, no ethic lines drawn, a common fight. It truly brings out the best of what people can be.

According to the MC there were 10,000 walkers when we got there and another 3 to 4K looking for parking. It's great to see such turnout, such support.

Thanks for letting me share a few thoughts with everybody.

Ed

Ed, I know how you feel. The walks are very motivating, and so hard to describe in words. Congrats to you and your girls for being a part of something so wonderful.

Our season of walks kicks off this weekend with the Atlanta 2-Day Breast Cancer walk, 30 miles in all. Two weeks later is the Atlanta 3-Day (60 miles) and then the next weekend I'm doing the Tampa 3-Day, 60 miles again. I'm not walking, but am part of the Route Safety (Moto) Crew.

Starting this Saturday at the Omni hotel in downtown Atlanta, 'Chief' and 'Pinkie'

will be out in public once again.

If you can make it out to any of the events, please do come and find me. Really, it ain't that hard.

:indian_chief:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 12:03:02 PM »

Chief, congrats to you and Pinkie for all of the work you guys do! Can't make it down this year but if I were, I agree, I don't think I would have a problem picking you out of the crowd. ;)

Take care,
Ed

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 12:41:51 PM »

Chief, we were expecting to see you special "Fight Breat Cancer" Helmet, not you Indian Headress! ::)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.