Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Prostate Cancer  (Read 7253 times)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: Prostate Cancer.
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »

No problem at all. Offer is always open, I know you guys would help me out if I needed it.  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Guys!
Ed

PS. Dave, next time I'll plan a little better and take you up on that drink!
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2009, 06:38:35 PM »

Ed my brother was just diagnosed and had it removed. They told him it had gone to his limphnodes  and that they would have to wait to do anything until he was healed. He seems to be clamming up and not wanting to talk any suggestions .
 I don't want to pry but I'm worried he's not being proactive.. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:42:37 PM by BIGDOG »
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2009, 12:38:41 PM »

Thanks Ed, with all the discussion pro and con on the PSA competancy now, this is timely.

Rog

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2009, 04:52:22 PM »

Ed my brother was just diagnosed and had it removed. They told him it had gone to his limphnodes  and that they would have to wait to do anything until he was healed. He seems to be clamming up and not wanting to talk any suggestions .

You have a PM! (now you have 2)

Ed

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 05:17:30 PM by Special_Ed »

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »

Thanks Ed, with all the discussion pro and con on the PSA competancy now, this is timely.

Rog

Thanks Roger!

There has been a lot of talk about the PSA test with test results shows many false positives. I had (2) standard PSA tests and a PSA-2 test before biopsy. Even with the false positives I think, and again just my opinion, it's at very least a good place to set a base line. 

Listened to Don Imus the other morning talking about his prostate cancer and I wish he would be a little more realistic about it. I like the idea he's drawing attention to it but he belittles it and all cancers. The last thing I would want is for him to make guys more afraid of it. It needs to be talked about but in a way that will promote prevention and testing with some compassion and respect for those who have it and those that might.

Ed

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »

Please pass on my numbers to your brother if you think it would help.
Ed

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:52 PM »

Hi Ed.......long time no speak. Good to see you offering some sage advice and a shoulder to lean on. Nothing is as hard as seeing someone go through this kind of heartbreak and it is a great boost to know that others are there to share your burden.

Here's to you and yours.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2009, 08:55:38 PM »

Thanks so much for the info. I will try to direct him to Fred Hutch. Again Thank You very much.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Luigi

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2009, 07:59:52 AM »

I AM ONE YEAR OUT, CELEBRATE EVERYDAY I GET TO RIDE. TEST EVERY YEAR, IT SAVED MY LIFE . WITH ROBOTIC SURGERY, I RODE A 5000 MILE TRIP TWO MONTHS LATER.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:18 AM »

I AM ONE YEAR OUT, CELEBRATE EVERYDAY I GET TO RIDE. TEST EVERY YEAR, IT SAVED MY LIFE . WITH ROBOTIC SURGERY, I RODE A 5000 MILE TRIP TWO MONTHS LATER.

Awesome! Congrats Luigi! :2vrolijk_21:

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »

One more bump for now. ;)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »

This is a re-re-post of a thread from several years ago. I wanted to bump it again as it's been way too long that I made this offer. Being now 6 years out I thought I'd post my offer again as there are a lot of new members. Please use my e-mail  edw_baird@yahoo.com if I miss getting back to you from the site.

Ed

I know it's been said many times how great this site is, for me, it's helped me meet great people from all over the world and some as close as two towns away. With that I want to give back something to our CVO family and beyond.

Six years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. At 42 I was considered pretty young to have it. I was told that had it not been found I would not have made it to see my 50th birthday.

Long story short, I had surgery and only have to keep up the now annual blood testing. The price I paid to get rid of cancer was a VERY small one. Some of you that have met me in person have asked about the yellow bracelet that I wear. It's to support cancer research, the Lance Armstrong foundation, and reminds me every day that I have been given another chance to try and get things right.

The reason I'm posting this is to let anybody that has concerns about prostate cancer or is going through it, gone through it or wants somebody to talk to about it. To PM or email me at any time. If there is somebody that you know that is a none member, doesn't matter, just help them get in touch with me.

This offer is also extended to the wives and girlfriends too, Donna helped me through my ordeal and learned a lot and will talk about how it has effected her too.

I just want to let people know that they are not alone going through this.

Thanks and Take Care,
Ed and Donna

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

:-\
While mine was not protate cancer......but bladder cancer back in the mid '80s,  I can relate to the tests and most of it.   I had trouble peeing in my mid 40's and an old Urologist thought I had a "congested" prostate..........a couple of trips to him didn't get me any better.  Got refered to a new Urologist who found blood in the urine and a subsequent set of xrays with dye......showed a bladder tumor. :(

Had surgery to remove the tumor and had a recurrence (common) about 6 months later.........Never had to take any chemo or anything else.  Developed an enlarged prostate a few yrs later..........also common for many.  Take pills for that to allow good flow..........(Flowmax) and later on had to add Avodart (which is supposed to shrink the prostate)..........Now I take Jayln (which combines flomax and avodart) into one pill.

All this meant I had to get annual checks..........not fun as the Doc. goes in with his TV camera and looks around :'(  Not fun at all..........but just had it done yesterday and it's now 26 years later and I'm 70 and bladder checks out A-OK.............All is good. :cherry:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.