Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Spiderman!  (Read 10194 times)

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Spiderman!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 03:44:14 PM »

BB,
I don't know what to say, except that I am so sorry about your loss.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 05:30:42 PM »

Brian, I'm truly sorry that you are suffering thru this time......My recent loss has me still openly wounded and considering the riddle of our existance as you stated.  Just know that you have many friends on this site that care for you and will support  you as you need us.   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »

BB

I too have lost my Dad and Mom and I know that it's not easy dealing with that kind of lost... My hearts goes out to you and your family...

Mike & Jo Ann
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 07:09:44 PM »

My condolecences Brian.I am very sorry for your loss.I wish i could do something to ease your pain.
Ridin Legend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 07:39:38 PM »

I don't feel much like writing, but I need to clarify. My dad is still alive , his body cannot make it's own blood. He has been surviving on weekly transfusions for 6 months He had his last one on Monday. His doctors, my mother, me and my dad's sister got together at his request two days ago and he said he'd had enought, it was time to stop treatment, go home and die.  I spend my days talking to him and waiting with him for the Angel of death. He has at most two weeks, at worst one. At the end, we have paid all accounts to each other in full and thus with that out of the way, we can just be friends. So we wait, together.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 11:03:56 PM »

B, i'm not as good with these words as so many on this site are. but i hope the he does not suffer and that you can make the most of the time you have left with him. if you need anything we are here for you.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 11:51:09 PM »

Brain;
So sorry to hear of this.  :-\ As I sit and read the posts I reflect on how its going to be later in life when my parents pass. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking of it.  I wish you and your family the best throught these difficult times.

Jim

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 05:57:53 AM »

Ohhhh!  Both Jamey and I went home to be with one of our parents for their last days on earth.  Jamey's Dad has a laundry list of errands that needed to be done - seemed like until there was enough fire wood, the saws all sharpened, the rotten wood around a foundation replaced you get the idea - he could not let go to go home with his angel.  Jamey and his brother spent a few weeks working together to help his Dad get ready for his journey.  My Mom never made it home from the hospital, but loved getting all the visits from everyone who came to say their goodbyes.  We know it is very hard to do what you are doing, but it is good you got to be there.  Though the pain is mind numbing now, in years you will get much comfort.  We are so sorry though that you are going through what we all have to at some time or another.  We love you lots and lots.  When you are ready, we look forward to more chats. 

:cherry:

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 11:47:04 AM »

Ohhhh!  Both Jamey and I went home to be with one of our parents for their last days on earth.  Jamey's Dad has a laundry list of errands that needed to be done - seemed like until there was enough fire wood, the saws all sharpened, the rotten wood around a foundation replaced you get the idea - he could not let go to go home with his angel.  Jamey and his brother spent a few weeks working together to help his Dad get ready for his journey.  My Mom never made it home from the hospital, but loved getting all the visits from everyone who came to say their goodbyes.  We know it is very hard to do what you are doing, but it is good you got to be there.  Though the pain is mind numbing now, in years you will get much comfort.  We are so sorry though that you are going through what we all have to at some time or another.  We love you lots and lots.  When you are ready, we look forward to more chats. 

:cherry:

I'll second that.  My Mom was always a very healthy and energetic lady.  When she got up in the morning, her feet never touched the floor until bedtime.  House was spotless.  Garden, weedless.  She was an RN, and a very good one at that.  Began my third tour in Korea in JAN 2002.  On FEB 27 of that year, Renea called me at 5am Korea time to inform me that my Mom had died.  Just died!  She died in her sleep.  61 years old.  Two months shy of her 62nd birthday.  Just died.   And I'm ~8K miles from home.  Red Cross message followed within the hour.  I was "trying" to eat some breakfast when my Commander knocked on my door to bring me the official news.  He'd driven from Uijongbu to Chuncheon to deliver the official news personally.  He'd already secured a flight home for me.  Three hours later I was at Incheon rolling down the runway.  I made it home for the funeral, but to this day I constantly deal with losing Mom at such a young age and the fact that I wasn't there.  It's tough.
BB, I hate it that your having to go through this.  I do know it is tough.  We're here for you and constantly thinking of and praying for you.

RedFXR2

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 11:48:52 AM »

My own father's last year on earth was a roller coaster of in and out of hospitals and nursing homes.  My sister lived out of state so with me being in-town, it was natural that I be the one to help my mother with his care.  I came to realize what a privilege that was in that I don't think I had ever before so enjoyed sitting out on the porch with him just shooting the breeze for hours.  It was like after all the years, all the pressure of father-son expectations was off and we were finally just two guys talking about stuff and realizing that we had a lot more in common than we ever thought.  And the differences between us were no longer threatening to either one.

He knew he was dying and wasn't upset or depressed--just pragmatic and appreciative of the good things in life.  It's been years now, and I'm so glad I was around for those experiences.

I know you will treasure the opportunity to share life him in these closing hours.  You're a good man to be there for him, BB.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 01:48:05 AM »

Damn, sorry to hear about your Dad Brian. Sounds very much like what I went through with my Dad, two years ago.
Important that you be there for him, and if hospice care is available I highly recommend it. There will always be a huge void where he was, and fill it with good memories. Remember him as he was, and for who he was, not as he is now with all the suffering.

Anything we can do, just let us know.

Joe
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:49:50 AM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 09:31:22 AM »

Brian cherish the time that you have with you Dad, hold him, hug him. be close to him, If there is anything we can do let us know....
I know it is tough to let someone you love so much go.  Are Prayers are still with you and your family..
~mike~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:35 AM »

Big B, I don't want to try and tell you how I feel or how I felt about my parents death. I just want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for your strength and understanding of Gods plan for your dad. And You are truly a good friend to all of us, so I am sure that you have been a great friend to your dad too. It is very unselfish of your family to let your dad make his on decision most family's try and delay and end up hurting the on they love so they can hang on to them a little longer.  Hang in there and know that you have all of us here when you need us.

Helen
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:16:55 AM by pumkinownerswife »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »

Got a call from BB this morning,  His father passed this morning around 3 am.  He's OK with everything that has happened (although he sounds TIRED........like  REALLY TIRED) but at least he had the opportunity to be with his dad before the angel of death came.  My prayers go out to the big man, his family and friends that are left behind.  Godspeed Daddy Webb!!!!  I can only sit here and reflect on my own life and hope that when I leave,  there will be some family around to wish me off, as BB did for his father, for that is the end of a truly successfull life!!!

Bro,
    Mickey is fine,  come back as soon as you feel right. 

L&R

_Beags :cherry:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:39:58 PM by Screamin_Beagle »
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 11:03:43 PM »

Brian, we have never meet  but I feel for you. It brings a tear to my eye to read how much your friends here care about you. God blees you and your family.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.264 seconds with 21 queries.