Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Travelin Man  (Read 10722 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Travelin Man
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »

Brian

Be safe my friend!
You have the number, use it if you need to!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 10:19:31 AM »

BB-

Read you were retiring but had no idea this was the reason why.  Have a safe trip - it's going to be a long one but sure you will be looking forward to seeing/riding Elvis again!

A fellow I worked with had this same malady as you.  He had a Foraminotomy (enlarging the nerve cavity) at the same time as a Laminectomy (creating more room for the nerve root).  Had to look those names up - was years ago when he had the procedures & I forgot what they are called.  These helped him & remember him also getting several series of shots in his lower back but not sure what those were - steroids I believe.

Good of you to take the time to visit your Mom when she needs you & know you will have fun seeing CVO folks along the way.  I used to suffer from a bad back (hasn't reappeared in a few years) but that is very lightweight compared to what you are dealing with. 

Godspeed, Bro.

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 12:48:09 PM »

BB,

Sorry to hear about the back problems.  My wife has been dealing with back issues since 1990.  Three level fusion in low back and five level fusion in neck.  She had a spinal stimulator implanted in her back on Feb. 15th this year.  So far, it has been great.  She has been able to stop taking pain med that she has been on continuously for the past six years.  She is mentally & emotionally a new person.  She is doing things that she hasn't done in years.

Anyway, if you are running I-40 from Amarillo to Memphis and need a place to spend the night and rest the back, I live about 30 miles east of Oklahoma City and just about seven miles north of I-40.  All the beds in the house are "back-friendly". :2vrolijk_21:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 12:56:29 PM »

Have a safe trip and take your pills.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »

You think that's bad just picture me in a Prius..... That's the car I have been assigned in the FM's office. I have to back into that thing. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:vrolijk27: :vrolijk_4:    :worthless:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »

You know how vicodin can constipate you ?
    :nixweiss:    :toilet:

HINT: Try using a stool softener big guy and ........don't use the flash attachment on the camera if mirrors are present.

:worthless:

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »

Have a safe trip.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 05:16:42 PM »

CYA in a few BB. Does the song "Fatman in a little coat." conjure up anything? Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »

:nixweiss:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:38:30 AM by CVOJOE »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 08:04:40 PM »

Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GT-6

You and me were not made for cars that small...

Safe travels...

Thanks for the well wishes Bill.

It's a bigger car than you might think. I have all kinds of room. Like I said yesterday, the seating position is like a reclining chair; leaned back, feet extended and elevated resting on the firewall. I'd have turned back and gone home 300 miles into the trip yesterday in my Ranger.

So far and I'm good. I take the pills, drink a lot of water, stop a lot. 609 miles took me 9 hrs today ( ok so I drive fast when I'm not stopped) Gorgeous all morning and up till about 100 miles out of Albuquerque, then rain almost to Amarillo. I had the top down and Ray Charles singing the blues, sun on my face, 70ish

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 08:14:13 PM »

It's a bigger car than you might think. I have all kinds of room. Like I said yesterday, the seating position is like a reclining chair; leaned back, feet extended and elevated resting on the firewall. I'd have turned back and gone home 300 miles into the trip yesterday in my Ranger.

So far and I'm good. I take the pills, drink a lot of water, stop a lot. 609 miles took me 9 hrs today ( ok so I drive fast when I'm not stopped) Gorgeous all morning and up till about 100 miles out of Albuquerque, then rain almost to Amarillo. I had the top down and Ray Charles singing the blues, sun on my face, 70ish

B B

Sounds like a good day Brian.  Hope you're enjoying the road man :2vrolijk_21: .

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 09:39:42 PM »

B B
Sounds sort of John Denverish please take no offence. Be carfull with those pain pills and have a safe day tomorrow. :2vrolijk_21:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 11:42:06 PM »

:nixweiss:    :toilet:

HINT: Try using a stool softener big guy and ........don't use the flash attachment on the camera if mirrors are present.

:worthless:

I hope Hoss at the next service area isn't his idea of a stool softener (not that there's anything wrong with that).
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 09:33:30 AM »

Got into Memphis about 4:30 yesterday MJZ met me at Bumpus H-D at 5 and brought me back to his house. Southern Hospitality almost instantaniously in the form of a Maker's on ice in my hand. JR came by and we went to a local BBQ spot where we met up with ultrafxr and PHAZE. We STS over some fine southern cookin and libations. Pictures were taken (not by me) so they should get posted somewhere. If Memphis had Dago weather I'd be in absolute heaven. It is such a nice area.But I gotta tell you, my body is programmed to an average humidty of about 15% and it's gotta be 90% here. Wanted to buy the new H-D Hydration vest at Bumpus, but all they had was the jacket which of course costs three times as much.
     S'anyway, HogBreath is on his way and we're going ridin soon. Me and Elvis together again Yee Hah  (ask MJZ to post the picture of our reunion LOL)  I'm doing fine. Having had total knee and hip replacements, I know what my tolerance is on taking the meds. Even with my back this messed up, I have no desire to check out just yet, so I pay attention. But thanks for the words of caution.

B B
         PS
              Have not been on the site much. Why is everyone using Naitram's picture for their avatar ?

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 09:35:42 AM »

PS
              Have not been on the site much. Why is everyone using Naitram's picture for their avatar ?

2lane suggested it in the "Where's naitram" thread ... I think it will become an annual event
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.