Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet  (Read 8353 times)

vagabond6542

Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »

Yo,
I have been reading a lot of threads lately, and come to this conclusion;
1)There are people who think that displaying animosities and barbs are clear winners.
2)There are people who think that the quiet ones are insignificant thin skinned losers.

I think I know why Terry left the forum earlier. He was too intelligent for most of the "Family" of our group and was easily offended.  Not necessarily thinned skinned, but could see the situation from "out of the box" thinking. I don't handle a candle to the level of his education, but I can see what he see that goes with this forum.

We all go to the Gatherings to welcome each other as "friends", but how true is that really.
I've seen more barbaric behavior in this forum than I may have seen in my entire life. And I didn't have a easy life. Long story. But yet, we have to accept one another because we ride a Harley or the other "H".
So to start this "stirring of the pot", I have a very important question.

Do we have to go back in our evolution and behave as our cave dwelling fore fathers, to be accepted by one another?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Thicker skin..Outspoken or Quiet
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »

Yo,
1)There are people who think that displaying animosities and barbs are clear winners.
2)There are people who think that the quiet ones are insignificant thin skinned losers.

I think I know why Terry left the forum earlier. He was too intelligent for most of the "Family" of our group and was easily offended.  Not necessarily thinned skinned, but could see the situation from "out of the box" thinking. I don't handle a candle to the level of his education, but I can see what he see that goes with this forum.

We all go to the Gatherings to welcome each other as "friends", but how true is that really.
I've seen more barbaric behavior in this forum than I may have seen in my entire life. And I didn't have a easy life. Long story. But yet, we have to accept one another because we ride a Harley or the other "H".

Do we have to go back in our evolution and behave as our cave dwelling fore fathers, to be accepted by one another?

Vags,
unfortunately, the only thing I can say to you starting this thread is:   :beatdeadhorse:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

vagabond6542

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 09:24:40 PM »

Vags,
unfortunately, the only thing I can say to you starting this thread is:   :beatdeadhorse:

Red,
Sometimes the :beatdeadhorse: has to be revived.  Thanks for the response.  You are no doubt above average.

Vags

Any one else wish to comment? Looks to be another division here. Which is average or above average?  Where is Outspoken or Quiet fall in?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:33:51 PM »

George I think it is the nature of the beast!!!!!

We all have our good and bad days. Unfortunately it is easy to have a bad day in front of the key board!!!!!

be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

vagabond6542

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »

George I think it is the nature of the beast!!!!!

We all have our good and bad days. Unfortunately it is easy to have a bad day in front of the key board!!!!!

be Safe

THE DAWG

DC,

You would have to add another parameter to the mix, good or bad. But your response was appreciated. Another above average.

George
So now is it good or bad to be Outspoken or Quiet that would put an individual in the average or above average? And I am not referring to Thick skin.

Too bad I don't know the poll setup.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »

:zthread: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :confused5: Wut? ???

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:03:55 PM »

DC,

You would have to add another parameter to the mix, good or bad. But your response was appreciated. Another above average.

George
So now is it good or bad to be Outspoken or Quiet that would put an individual in the average or above average? And I am not referring to Thick skin.

Too bad I don't know the poll setup.

Another possiblity may be the free choice to ignore the words knowing from whence they came.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »

Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element!

You are out of your element
Donny

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:45:25 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 10:46:29 PM »

Yo,

I beg to differ, sir.  I, for one, question your statement of intelligence being based on education.  Education does not make one smart.  I'm just an Ol' Country Boy with NO education, but I'll match witts with anyone here, on any subject.  If by some fluke I was to get jammed up, I would call on 2Lane, or BLM777, for information.  As for your comment of having seen more "barbaric behavior" on this Site than you have seen in your entire life reflects a life sheltered from reality, such as Bar-Room Brawls, Union busting, and Hell-Raising in general, which would be a life akin to a life lived by Ray Charles, in my view.  I don't envy you, nor do I miss TC.  His loss, as far as I'm concerned.  I've enjoyed my time here on this GREAT SITE, in every way, and will continue to do so as long as I live and breathe.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:48:52 PM by HUBBARD »
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:50:21 PM »

Vags,

there is an understatement......................

medication....once prescribed the regiment should be followed

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 10:54:03 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to TC.

HUBBARD, you've always had my respect.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 10:58:07 PM »

I beg to differ, sir.  I, for one, question your statement of intelligence being based on education.  Education does not make one smart.  I'm just an Ol' Country Boy with NO education, but I'll match witts with anyone here, on any subject.  If by some fluke I was to get jammed up, I would call on 2Lane, or BLM777, for information.  As for your comment of having seen more "barbaric behavior" on this Site than you have seen in your entire life reflects a life sheltered from reality, such as Bar-Room Brawls, Union busting, and Hell-Raising in general, which would be a life akin to a life lived by Ray Charles, in my view.  I don't envy you, nor do I miss TC.  His loss, as far as I'm concerned.  I've enjoyed my time here on this GREAT SITE, in every way, and will continue to do so as long as I live and breathe.  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD

Thank you HUBBARD - from an uneducated quiet sort who doesn't feel the need to debate with these folks - I too would defer to TwoLane for extreme knowledge when required.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to TC.

HUBBARD, you've always had my respect.

HeHe!!! He's back! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »

HeHe!!! He's back! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hey, I've only been gone a week.  8)  ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »

Hey, I've only been gone a week.  8)  ;D

HeHe!!! Not you! TC's back! He was gone, now he's back, and that's that! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.