Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turkey Day Dinner Short Stories.  (Read 1225 times)

Wildrat

Turkey Day Dinner Short Stories.
« on: November 27, 2008, 04:13:39 PM »

My youngest son and I have had our dinner and I managed to get it cooked without burning a thing. My wife would be proud. She is in Washington state with her children and her children are kinda slow :huepfenjump3:. From what she is telling me they may eat by midnight, since they are smoking a Turkey, and at 1300hrs Pacific time, her son and her daughters husband were getting the smoker out of the shed to put together. Now I need to rest up for Pumpkin Pie.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Turkey Day Dinner Short Stories.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:29:21 PM »

With the help of The Good Lord I made it through frying 5 turkeys and having 18 family members from the ages of 3 yrs. to 88 yrs.
Great day, oh and thank Evan Williams for the help :drink:.
Today much easier, Hogasm and I rode down and met TN for lunch  :2vrolijk_09: and a ride. Thanks TN it was great meeting you and spending the afternoon in your company. :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 07:30:48 AM »

With the help of The Good Lord I made it through frying 5 turkeys and having 18 family members from the ages of 3 yrs. to 88 yrs.
Great day, oh and thank Evan Williams for the help :drink:.
Today much easier, Hogasm and I rode down and met TN for lunch  :2vrolijk_09: and a ride. Thanks TN it was great meeting you and spending the afternoon in your company. :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
 :drink:

my pleasure. :2vrolijk_21:....ya'll have a place to park yer bike anytime. :beerchug:

took my seat off and found my electrical gremlin. loose positive cable. :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

enjoy

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Wildrat

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:54:37 AM »

I know your cable was loose but if ya put a little dielectric grease on the mating surfaces, especially the negative cable it will keep the corrosion gremlin at bay. My wife's bike suffered with this issue. You could not see the corrosion and if you did it did not seem like enough to keep the bike acting like the batt was dead. You could move the cable a hunt hair and it would crank. I put a very thin coat of the grease on the cables and have not had a issue since.

I like fried turkey, but since the wife was not here I cut the turkey in half, injected with seasoned butter and threw in the oven. My youngest liked it because he had 2nd's, 3rd's and he was still eating when I woke up 12 hours later. What I would give to have that metabolism and a good body.

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.