Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!  (Read 10812 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Honey Badger finally has some half-decent digs!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »

Well, the pool guys came and got the pool running. Everything seems to work, except the big heat pump. They think it's just the flow sensor, but their tech guy will come next week and hopefully get that running when he installs the salt water system.

They dumped a boatload of shock and chlorine in it to kill off all of the algae. They said it would start looking like a swimming pool again in 2-3 days, then they'll come back and clean the filter, dump alum in to make everything settle out, and sweep everything down inside again.

The Not-Quite-Blue Lagoon?!?!?

Thankfully, NO speedos were worn...

But we found Darryl, the Dead Sea Squirrel!

And this pair of amorous black rat snakes trying to make babies deep down at the bottom of the heater! I had my machete at the ready in case there was any trouble... but we were able to coax them away from the area without injuring them. They are good snakes that eat mice... Nice to have around!

SSSSSSAY THERE!!!!

This one might been over 7' long!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »

DANG! Snakes, not something we have to deal with up here a whole lot. Not scared of them but never have to think much about one popping out of the woodwork in my daily routines.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 06:19:08 AM »

Your rooms look awesome  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:, but sorry to say the snakes would have got the machete!! Wouldn't know what a good or bad snake looks like and wouldn't be taking any chances!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 07:09:22 AM »

DANG! Snakes, not something we have to deal with up here a whole lot. Not scared of them but never have to think much about one popping out of the woodwork in my daily routines.

Your rooms look awesome  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:, but sorry to say the snakes would have got the machete!! Wouldn't know what a good or bad snake looks like and wouldn't be taking any chances!

ROTFL! Honey Badger was hopin' to get him some COBRA...

Lots of snakes around here deep in the woods. These black rat snakes are friendly, shy, nonaggressive ones.

Smooth head, round eyes... All Is Well.
Triangle head, slits in eyes... Run Like Hell!
But if you hear a rattle, prepare to do BATTLE!

The pool guys told me they pulled a couple of water moccasins out of a pool last summer. You don't mess around with those those things, nor with copperheads. They are MEAN!

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »

All things considered Ken, the pool looks really good for sitting that long.  They are correct, after a few days that chorine will clear it up.  Now the snakes  :'( that's a whole different problem.  :(. I've never met a snake I like and I'm sure they would feel the same way about me.   :D. The carcass floating in the pool looks like a cat, not a squirrel.  :nixweiss:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 07:34:25 AM »

All things considered Ken, the pool looks really good for sitting that long.  They are correct, after a few days that chorine will clear it up.  Now the snakes  :'( that's a whole different problem.  :(. I've never met a snake I like and I'm sure they would feel the same way about me.   :D. The carcass floating in the pool looks like a cat, not a squirrel.  :nixweiss:

What is it with snakes that many people don't like? I think they are awesomely cool. Perfect predators!

It might have been a cat... I didn't get a good look at it. But "Darryl the Dead Sea KITTEH" didn't didn't have the same ring to it!

I'm off to ride the Cherohala Skyway with one of my best riding buds shortly! Supposed to be 72 and sunny today! It just don't GET any better than that!  :2vrolijk_21:

The Wizard's Tune

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 09:15:54 AM »

Ken, looking real good! I almost spit my coffee when I saw those snakes..... :P

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »

I would say LOL... but there was nothing funny about that storm.

Naw, nothing funny, but many here are coming to terms. There are more hassles dealing with the bureaucratic types with getting things done then anything else now.
Kinda sucks that there are 5 major contractors working here doing the cleanup and only one from New Jersey.

That and most that were hardest hit are still wondering where the hundreds of millions that were donated are  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »

Naw, nothing funny, but many here are coming to terms. There are more hassles dealing with the bureaucratic types with getting things done then anything else now.
Kinda sucks that there are 5 major contractors working here doing the cleanup and only one from New Jersey.

That and most that were hardest hit are still wondering where the hundreds of millions that were donated are  :nixweiss:

Sandy was one big-ass storm. Caught everyone and every agency woefully unprepared. I just wish the press would point out the FEMA failures in this one like they so freely did with the very same failures after Katrina hit...

I'll shut up now...

Except to say that the Cherohala Skywav ride today with my bud Johnny (a.k.a. "Big 'Un") was just AWESOME!!!

The pool is looking a lot better, too. Now Certified VARMINT-FREE!

The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47:13 AM »

Ken, glad the pool is coming along but the black snakes...nope.  We have copperheads, rattlers along with black snakes up here.  Had a copperhead hit Runtz a couple Summers ago.  They had decided under their dog house was a good place to reproduce.  Hope they enjoyed that last time 'cause it was the last for those two.  Runtz still has two places on her nose and a bit of loose skin from where the fluid settled after the bite.  I know black snakes are good but my philosophy....a good snake is a dead one.

Should have called on your Cherohala ride....can get there in about 45 minutes from the house and would'a rode with you.  Great day for it so glad y'all had a great ride.

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »

Ken, glad the pool is coming along but the black snakes...nope.  We have copperheads, rattlers along with black snakes up here.  Had a copperhead hit Runtz a couple Summers ago.  They had decided under their dog house was a good place to reproduce.  Hope they enjoyed that last time 'cause it was the last for those two.  Runtz still has two places on her nose and a bit of loose skin from where the fluid settled after the bite.  I know black snakes are good but my philosophy....a good snake is a dead one.

Should have called on your Cherohala ride....can get there in about 45 minutes from the house and would'a rode with you.  Great day for it so glad y'all had a great ride.

Sorry to hear about Runtz suffering a snake bite, Howard. Poor pooch!

I won't kill nonpoisonous snakes... I'd much rather have them than mice. But copperheads or rattlers would have gotten the machete and QUICK! If they had been those, they well might have been on the receiving end of my 12-gauge as well.

Didn't think to call the ride... should have, tho. Next time I will... looking forward to meeting you!

This was a sort of soul cleansing ride for Johnny, who had a fight with a very rare soft tissue cancer named Leiomyosarcoma last fall. Had to have some tissue removed from his arm, and so far they think they got it all. He's clear, but we were all scared chitless back then. He's only in his 30s... quite young for this kind of cancer... it usually strikes people my age.

Details about Leiomyosarcoma here for those who might be interested. Only about 400 cases diagnosed each year... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiomyosarcoma

On the brighter side, the pool is actually starting to look like a swimming pool and not a fishing hole now! Free chlorine level is off the scale but that's fine for this phase. The other numbers - pH, cyanuric acid, hardness, etc. - all look good. I have tons of pressure washing to do this week tho!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:38:19 AM by North Georgia Hawg »

The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 08:46:38 AM »

Leiomyosarcoma is a new one on me.  Interesting read and glad he's doing well now.  Sounds like it was the cleansing ride he (and you) needed after a long Winter and this cancer scare.

Pool H2O is looking much better.  Not long before you are swimming with the dead cat and snakes.... ::) ;D :o :D :bananarock:
I really don't know why that's an issue....we swim in the lake all the time with MUCH worse.... :2vrolijk_21:

Looking forward to the post-pressure washing pics.... :)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »

Leiomyosarcoma is a new one on me.  Interesting read and glad he's doing well now.  Sounds like it was the cleansing ride he (and you) needed after a long Winter and this cancer scare.

Pool H2O is looking much better.  Not long before you are swimming with the dead cat and snakes.... ::) ;D :o :D :bananarock:
I really don't know why that's an issue....we swim in the lake all the time with MUCH worse.... :2vrolijk_21:

Looking forward to the post-pressure washing pics.... :)

Yeah, it is funny, Howard. I grew up hanging out at Lake Lewisville back in north Texas... Green water and all manner of critters living and chitting in it... lots of snakes, too... but no one ever thinks twice about swimming in a lake!

But a POOL... it has to be crystal clear and filtered, with all of the numbers just right, or it's considered dangerous... or at least too icky to get into! But Darryl and the long thin lovers are long gone, so we should be good to go as soon as it warms up enough.

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 09:24:59 AM »

Ken, just found your thread haven't been on here much lately.(can't afford it   lol)  Congrats on the new digs I know your happy to have some more room. If your at KCHD next sunday first beer is on me.

Mike

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »

Ken, the pool is getting there.  :2vrolijk_21:  Won't be long and you will be swimming!  Sorry to hear about your friend. I wish him a healthy life and hope he has clear selling ahead.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.