Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gooseneck With Companion B&W 5th Wheel Hitch, Or Bolt In 5th Wheel Hitch?  (Read 1103 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member

I know I'll get some good suggestions here...  :2vrolijk_21:

My new to me '12 RAM 3500 dually does not have any bed type hitch now.  I'm thinking that when I'm ready to pull, I'll probably be in the 20k# to 22k# range.  At least that's what some I've been looking at may max out at.  I may end up in the 18k# to 20k#, but that may be too optimistic.

So do I put in the frame mounted gooseneck reversible ball hitch and then purchase the companion 5th wheel hitch?  Or do I just do the side to side bolt in channels and use a 5th wheel hitch? 

The second option will still leave me with the rails cross wise in my box 100% of the time and that could be a real PITA for normal hauling etc.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328

My vote would be for the B&W set up. I have had 3 of there turnover ball hitch's in different truck and never had any problems. My Uncle has the hitch and companion for pulling his 28ft camper. He found the Companion used and got a good deal on it a couple of years ago.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!

Another fan of the B&W. Turnover ball is frame mounted and leaves your bed clear to use when your not hooked to a trailer using a gooseneck and when you add the Companion for the 5th wheel you have a great package. Put lots of miles on the Dodges with B&W with no issues. Did have a 16 with the factory pucks that just never worked for me. If your truck happens to be a short bed you might want to look at a Companion Slider
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.