Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Free Sirius radio trial period?  (Read 9178 times)

chipsabiker

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Blue/Lava
    • CVO2: 2009 Road Glide Orange (sold)
Free Sirius radio trial period?
« on: May 09, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »

I bought my 15 CVO Street Glide back in October. Called Sirius today to activate my free trial. Was told it was only a 3 month trial. I seem to remember being told a year free back when I bought the bike. What did everyone else get? Did the promotion change? I was trying wait and activate during the nice riding season.

panz

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED ...GOLDEN GIRL
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO ULTRA Traded
    • CVO3: 2009 Ultra Classic Traded
Re: Free Sirius radio trial period?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »

3 months...it even states that in owners manual.
"LIFE IS SHORT...ENJOY IT!"

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:54:12 PM »

I really do try to not complain but I have to say that Sirius XM has the worst customer service going. Frustrating thing is they are the only way to get current music out in the boonies where you have no cell or radio service so you have to deal with them if you want their product.
Alan

chipsabiker

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Blue/Lava
    • CVO2: 2009 Road Glide Orange (sold)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »

Funny, I just called my dealer. He thought it was one year free. He said he would call Harley on Monday and straighten it out.  I'm thinking I'm headed for a let down. I seem to get more straight answers on the forum than from my dealer.

Anybody else get more than just a 3 month trial?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 03:50:26 PM »

No. Three months is it whether a Harley or an auto. I've had four CVOs with Sirius XM and all had a three month trial. Your dealer is wrong. Imagine that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 04:20:04 PM »

Sometimes a new cage will get a 6 or 12 month Sirius trial period - got 6-months on my F150, but only three on the Harley.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 06:02:38 PM »

Mine is only 3 months. Side note, I tried to activate it last week and looks like I'll need to call them. Gonna wait another week as I won't be riding this weekend.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Copyless

• GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCU (close to a CVO)
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 07:35:30 PM »

I bought my 15 CVO Street Glide back in October. Called Sirius today to activate my free trial. Was told it was only a 3 month trial. I seem to remember being told a year free back when I bought the bike. What did everyone else get? Did the promotion change? I was trying wait and activate during the nice riding season.

It is only a three month free subscription with the bike, and you did get the three months for free right? When you spoke to the rep to activate the radio, they did not offer any other deal? If they did not, I most likely would call back and try another rep, and just ask about any other offers going on, I mean, I bought my bike back in October also and just activated my subscription about a month ago, but I got the other 9 months (so a total of 1 year-3 free, 9 pd) for $25. I was going to ask about a 6 month special, but the rep brought up the 9 month special for $25 (apparently for motorcycles only), because I routinely pay 25 for 6 months on a couple of my vehicles, so I was surprised when he said 9 months, it also may have been something that could be added to the free three months. All I know is, I have had good luck and great reps every time except once with getting good prices, and the one time it didn't work for me, I asked for their supervisor and received a satisfactory deal from her.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 08:21:40 PM »

No. Three months is it whether a Harley or an auto. I've had four CVOs with Sirius XM and all had a three month trial. Your dealer is wrong. Imagine that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harley is 3 months, states in the owners manual.

My Range Rover was 6 months.

My 14 3LT Stingray was 1 year, but the 1LT stingray is only 6 months.

It all depends on what the manufacture pays to Siruis XM how long it is.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 08:34:54 PM »

My 2005 Escalade that I sold a few years back was lifetime to the vehicle.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 11:10:41 PM »

I really do try to not complain but I have to say that Sirius XM has the worst customer service going. Frustrating thing is they are the only way to get current music out in the boonies where you have no cell or radio service so you have to deal with them if you want their product.
agree!!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 11:53:53 PM »

It is only a three month free subscription with the bike, and you did get the three months for free right? When you spoke to the rep to activate the radio, they did not offer any other deal? If they did not, I most likely would call back and try another rep, and just ask about any other offers going on, I mean, I bought my bike back in October also and just activated my subscription about a month ago, but I got the other 9 months (so a total of 1 year-3 free, 9 pd) for $25. I was going to ask about a 6 month special, but the rep brought up the 9 month special for $25 (apparently for motorcycles only), because I routinely pay 25 for 6 months on a couple of my vehicles, so I was surprised when he said 9 months, it also may have been something that could be added to the free three months. All I know is, I have had good luck and great reps every time except once with getting good prices, and the one time it didn't work for me, I asked for their supervisor and received a satisfactory deal from her.

I got the $25 for 6 month offer on my FJ Cruiser a few weeks after I cancelled. I decided to renew and the offer also was valid on my 15 FLTRUSE. I too got the 6 months added to the 3 month demo period for a total of 9 months. However, I don't believe the special services like weather and traffic are a part of the 6 month service so I may have to subscribe to those services if I find them useful. I have already used the weather radar which was localized coverage but useful. At least I figured out that my planned route south last weekend was going to be clearer weather than my current location at the time.

DH

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »

My 05 Escalade was 3 months, hard to believe you had lifetime, never heard of that before on any Satellite radio service and I have had it since inception. The 2015 HD is XM not SIRUS and is, as listed in owners manual 3 months. Although they are listed as Sirus/XM in advertising they will not let you cross bill an account between the two, ie: Ford/Sirus and HD/XM, I have tried and argued they just will not cross bill.  They will offer you a pretty good upgrade for a year if you call during the trail. I have forgot what I paid to extend but it was cheap compared to our cars.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »

My 05 Escalade was 3 months, hard to believe you had lifetime, never heard of that before on any Satellite radio service and I have had it since inception. The 2015 HD is XM not SIRUS and is, as listed in owners manual 3 months. Although they are listed as Sirus/XM in advertising they will not let you cross bill an account between the two, ie: Ford/Sirus and HD/XM, I have tried and argued they just will not cross bill.  They will offer you a pretty good upgrade for a year if you call during the trail. I have forgot what I paid to extend but it was cheap compared to our cars.

Yep, My Stingray and Harley are XM, the Range Rover is XM.  Really pisses me off they will not put it all on one bill or account.  Not sure if I will renew the Stingray the Harley has been over for five months not a renewal notice or anything.  The stingray expired in Feb, a couple renewal notices but its all still working, so I'm not calling on it. 

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 08:20:10 AM »

Not sure...and don't care! They won't give a deal on three accounts...or even combine bills.
When I finally activated the free trial in my Jeep and used it......it cuts in and out so much that I wont use it(it's not the Jeep...the Wife's various demos with sat activated cut out as well).
Bought a 660 instead of a 665 because of all the issues. I think I'll tape one of the pre-paid envelopes from xm to a box of rocks like suggested in another thread.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 10:59:41 AM »

Yep, My Stingray and Harley are XM, the Range Rover is XM.  Really pisses me off they will not put it all on one bill or account.  Not sure if I will renew the Stingray the Harley has been over for five months not a renewal notice or anything.  The stingray expired in Feb, a couple renewal notices but its all still working, so I'm not calling on it.
oh, dave you will not have to call. they will just out the blue invoice and start calling. the worst customer service company I ever dealt with period.of, course you will need to call to get it straight >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 07:31:16 PM »

You know I keep reading on these forums about the sad service and poor reception, ie: cutting in and out, no service for no reason etc. I have actually had XM since the inception, and I have NEVER experienced any of these problems. Not that i am calling anyone else out, just seems all you hear are problems, and I have never had one. I love the service, we have three subscriptions currently and use them daily and would not change.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »

Mine is only 3 months. Side note, I tried to activate it last week and looks like I'll need to call them. Gonna wait another week as I won't be riding this weekend.
Finally got mine activated. What's with the weather taking more than 5 minutes to play catch up?  :nixweiss:  We got caught in a downpour 2 blocks from home after leaving a buddy's house. I saw the clouds rolling in and thought it'd be cool to show the guys what the weather map does. Didn't come on after a few minutes so we took off. Those few minutes from the time I powered the bike up until we left would have had us in the garage dry.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 07:11:38 AM »

You know I keep reading on these forums about the sad service and poor reception, ie: cutting in and out, no service for no reason etc. I have actually had XM since the inception, and I have NEVER experienced any of these problems. Not that i am calling anyone else out, just seems all you hear are problems, and I have never had one. I love the service, we have three subscriptions currently and use them daily and would not change.

Same here, just called them the other day to stop service on the bike I sold and add it to the new one.  The lady, Geraldine was as nice as she could be.  We discussed the weather here and in Nova Scotia where she is located and had a great conversation about Oak Island and the Knights Templers. 

After getting everything working on my bike she even gave me a$15.00 credit to cover the charge for switching from bike to bike. I could not imagine how it could have gone any better. It may depend on the person you talk to, but I personally have never found their staff to be anything but helpful.  Have it on 3 vehicles used daily.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 07:38:36 AM »

My guess is you live some where where its not mountainous or heavily wooded.  I loose reception frequently or cuts in and out.  This is in car, truck, suv or bike.  Same with all my friends around here with xm or sirius.  Dense woods on both sides of the road cause it, the mountains cause it.  I get better reception in the winter when the foliage is gone.  On our trip to Key West this year, once out of the hills and south of Atlanta I had perfect reception.  Got back to the mountains and it cut in and out.

I like the service.  I do not like I can not have one bill for everything.  I do not like their customer service.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 08:41:01 AM »

My guess is you live some where where its not mountainous or heavily wooded.  I loose reception frequently or cuts in and out.  This is in car, truck, suv or bike.  Same with all my friends around here with xm or sirius.  Dense woods on both sides of the road cause it, the mountains cause it.  I get better reception in the winter when the foliage is gone.  On our trip to Key West this year, once out of the hills and south of Atlanta I had perfect reception.  Got back to the mountains and it cut in and out.

I like the service.  I do not like I can not have one bill for everything.  I do not like their customer service.

I have the same experience in mountains and woods. Experience cut outs when around semi-trailers too. Apparently they act like miniature mountains.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »

Same here, just called them the other day to stop service on the bike I sold and add it to the new one.  The lady, Geraldine was as nice as she could be.  We discussed the weather here and in Nova Scotia where she is located and had a great conversation about Oak Island and the Knights Templers. 

After getting everything working on my bike she even gave me a$15.00 credit to cover the charge for switching from bike to bike. I could not imagine how it could have gone any better. It may depend on the person you talk to, but I personally have never found their staff to be anything but helpful.  Have it on 3 vehicles used daily.
send me that number and extension :2vrolijk_21: ;D

inkstruck77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2015, 10:13:40 AM »

I was just on phone with Sirius, dealer told me it was a one year trial also...... irritating...it is what it is though!!!  love my xm channels
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 24 queries.