Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GTS update question  (Read 611 times)

Glenncarp

GTS update question
« on: May 05, 2020, 07:26:06 AM »

I have confirmed and re installed latest update 2 times, I have confirmed I have the latest version: M20.19.39.00

I still do not get the distance to next turn to show up during the rote guidance or if I pull up the turn list. It shows all other distance in turn list, just not the distance to the next turn. All i have it the idiotic speaker icon in the lower left and I have to highlight that and select it for the next turn distance to be read over the speakers. This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever experienced with a navigation system.

I read the update solved this, but I am thinking that was for the Boom! 6.5 and not the GTS.

Can anyone confirm that the GTS still does not show the distance to next turn just so I can call HD tech support and have all my facts straight?

Thanks

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
Re: GTS update question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »

I have confirmed and re installed latest update 2 times, I have confirmed I have the latest version: M20.19.39.00

I still do not get the distance to next turn to show up during the rote guidance or if I pull up the turn list. It shows all other distance in turn list, just not the distance to the next turn. All i have it the idiotic speaker icon in the lower left and I have to highlight that and select it for the next turn distance to be read over the speakers. This has to be the stupidest thing I have ever experienced with a navigation system.

I read the update solved this, but I am thinking that was for the Boom! 6.5 and not the GTS.

Can anyone confirm that the GTS still does not show the distance to next turn just so I can call HD tech support and have all my facts straight?

Thanks

Are you referring to the next turn area to the right of the speaker icon? Mine shows the next turn but does not display the distance until somewhere around a mile or less before the turn.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Glenncarp

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »

Are you referring to the next turn area to the right of the speaker icon? Mine shows the next turn but does not display the distance until somewhere around a mile or less before the turn.

Yes, and if you look to the far left in that box, there is a speaker icon, if you highlight and choose with joystick or touch that speaker, it announces the distance (more than a mile) over the speaker. That is cumbersome and what is more ridiculous is if you pull up the maneuver list, there is mileage on every other turn EXCEPT for the next turn. I just cannot understand the thinking on not SHOWING the next turn distance and having to HEAR it.

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 10:55:16 AM »

Yes, and if you look to the far left in that box, there is a speaker icon, if you highlight and choose with joystick or touch that speaker, it announces the distance (more than a mile) over the speaker. That is cumbersome and what is more ridiculous is if you pull up the maneuver list, there is mileage on every other turn EXCEPT for the next turn. I just cannot understand the thinking on not SHOWING the next turn distance and having to HEAR it.

I agree, it would be nice if it always displayed the distance in the Next Turn or at least create a separate data field attribute you could display.

Another annoying thing is the data field attribute Time to Turn. It always shows min --. I've complained to CS about this when the GTS was first released.

Until this latest update the Next Turn would always stick at the last via/waypoint so at least they fixed somewhat fixed it (still has a few hiccups).

2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.