Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Apple Car Play problems  (Read 8405 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Apple Car Play problems
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2020, 08:37:46 AM »

I had my MIC disabled with the digital technician, my carplay works when ever to plug into the USB, if you use the headset, it will still work on the CB, but SIRI wont hear you and I assume you cant answer the phone and talk, I have never tried the phone though or the intercom.
Intercom and phone work just fine with mic disabled for CarPlay and I have used both features since mic disabled. Never even tried Siri before or after but understand if mic is disabled in CarPlay then cannot communicate with Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »

Well, yesterday starting my bike before boom powered up did not work.  In fact twice yesterday nothing would get CarPlay to come up but shutting bike off, letting it sit two minutes or more than starting again.

Guess there is still no way to get it to come out constantly.  My cord is five days old, apple cord to eliminate that.

CarPlay seems to hook up a little easier if you set Bluetooth “off” in your settings.
It still won’t hook up all the time when you start the bike.

Still NO response from H-D from the last email they requested from me if I had tried all their suggestions.
Guess I’ll call again today. :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Street_Axel

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • DE

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »

thanks, I tried various iPhones and different cords, all the same and aigan I can confirm your findings. I think the trouble will be gone as soon as Apple eliminates the dependency to the headset. Of course I need Siri with carplay.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2020, 06:57:42 AM »

CarPlay seems to hook up a little easier if you set Bluetooth “off” in your settings.
It still won’t hook up all the time when you start the bike.

Still NO response from H-D from the last email they requested from me if I had tried all their suggestions.
Guess I’ll call again today. :nixweiss:

Thanks, I will try to see if that helps.  Again yesterday the bike would not recognize my phone as plugged in so no CarPlay.  Shut it off for five minutes and still would not recognize my phone on a cord used for five days.  Frustrating, when it hooks up no mater what in my 18 corvette, or 17 F-150, never an issue.

I'm calling useless customer service again. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2020, 08:05:56 AM »

Thanks, I will try to see if that helps.  Again yesterday the bike would not recognize my phone as plugged in so no CarPlay.  Shut it off for five minutes and still would not recognize my phone on a cord used for five days.  Frustrating, when it hooks up no mater what in my 18 corvette, or 17 F-150, never an issue.

I'm calling useless customer service again.

I called customer care again yesterday. Gave the nice young man my SerReqNo, he looked it up and said “oh I see you were dealing with....... and the tech.........
I’ll have her call you back as she’s with another customer.
NADA
 :drink:
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2020, 12:02:30 PM »

After a 20 minute phone call from tech support at Harley it looks like the only way to insure that CarPlay works on my 2019 cvo limited is to start the bike THEN plug in the phone every time.

He said that when you pull in to gas up, hit the kill switch to stop the engine but leave the acc switch on.
The cvo doesn’t have an acc switch. The trigger switch on the left switch pod will allow CarPlay also, but will still disable it when the bike is started.

Harley is correct saying these bikes allow CarPlay to work if bike has a “whim” but getting it up and running requires lots of steps on the riders part before it happens.
It seems to me there should be a software tweak that is possible to fix this problem.
 :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

Street_Axel

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • DE

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2020, 12:11:21 PM »

thanks for this Information. I agree the only way is to start the engine and then plug in the iPhone. Most of the time CarPlay will work then. I had a diskussion here in Germany with my friendly dealer and he said that this issue is been discussed every now and then during regular dealer meetings with Harley. HD is very well informell about that problem but software changes to fix that are still outstanding. He also said that CarPlay is a very good selling point for Harley bikes and all dealers complain that HD need to fix that a.s.a.p.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2020, 06:41:13 AM »

Mike, I was told the same by Customer service, plug phone in after starting.  So far it works like that but is a pain.

As for gas stops most all the time, it will restart once I start the bike if I un plug and plug it back in.  It too is a pain.

17 Truck and 18 Car do not need any plug in or un plug silly-ness to work.  Plug it in when you want, it always works first time.  Seems to me it should work that way on my 19 Harley.

I am sure CarPlay is a big selling point for Harley.  I know dealers want it fixed as they get lots of complaints and nothing they can do about it. 

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2020, 08:53:31 AM »

Mike, I was told the same by Customer service, plug phone in after starting.  So far it works like that but is a pain.

As for gas stops most all the time, it will restart once I start the bike if I un plug and plug it back in.  It too is a pain.

17 Truck and 18 Car do not need any plug in or un plug silly-ness to work.  Plug it in when you want, it always works first time.  Seems to me it should work that way on my 19 Harley.

I am sure CarPlay is a big selling point for Harley.  I know dealers want it fixed as they get lots of complaints and nothing they can do about it.

I was told by my dealer that all things were fixed on this bike that were problems on my 2017.
Not blaming the dealer, he was just repeating what the factory told him.
Issues with QC and denial of the issues from tech support are frustrating to say the least!

It seems the more “features” offered on the new bikes to entice buyers, the more things to not work properly or are defective from the start.
“They all do that” trickledown mantra from H-D to the dealers.

Mine has been  a 2 year journey to get the bike sorted out under the warranty time.

My last conversation with the H-D tech gave me the impression that his hands were tied and this is the only option now. It’s up to management to get QC back on track, and follow through on promises.

I’ll keep my 2019 for now as the power train is nice and no problems there for now (esp is in my future as, I can’t trust the bike). I’ll be selling off some of my older bikes to make room for another hot rod.

JMHO :soapbox:
HOGMIKE

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »

I recently upgraded to the GTS on my 2018 CVO RG which of course has WHIM and Sena 20 (with latest update). I was having issues with getting Carplay to work as it's been hit and miss. After reading this thread, then unpairing the Sena from my phone and then not plugging in the phone (iPhone 2020 SE, has the same chip as 11 with latest updates) to the USB until after starting the bike it seems to be working much better, BUT, when I hit the call/speak button on the left handlebar control to make a phone call I get an audible prompt through my Sena headset "no phone connected"???
Any Ideas? I'm assuming it's something in the settings of my iPhone.  :nixweiss:

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:56 AM »

I recently upgraded to the GTS on my 2018 CVO RG which of course has WHIM and Sena 20 (with latest update). I was having issues with getting Carplay to work as it's been hit and miss. After reading this thread, then unpairing the Sena from my phone and then not plugging in the phone (iPhone 2020 SE, has the same chip as 11 with latest updates) to the USB until after starting the bike it seems to be working much better, BUT, when I hit the call/speak button on the left handlebar control to make a phone call I get an audible prompt through my Sena headset "no phone connected"???
Any Ideas? I'm assuming it's something in the settings of my iPhone.  :nixweiss:

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

If you are using CarPlay when you hit the call/speak button, and its a short push you are trying to make the call through the bike.  It will not work as the phone is connected via CarPlay.

Solution is simple, press and hold the call/speak button for a few seconds.  Then you will be making the call through CarPlay. 

You are just not pressing the call/voice long enough for siri.....

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2020, 12:14:25 PM »

Ahhhh, thanks Dave. This system definitely has a non user friendly learning curve. I really appreciate the help.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.