Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Soundz Audio Questions & Feedback  (Read 2708 times)

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
Soundz Audio Questions & Feedback
« on: March 11, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »

Anyone that did Soundz Audio on the newer bikes, did your bike saddlebag get freed up of an amp? I checked out Soundz last year at Sturgis and almost did their 4 speaker system. While there I forgot to ask if they just run 1 big amp in the fairing? I'm thinking they do. I'd like some of the space back lol, but also want a fit & finish that looks as close to factory as possible. Which from seeing some of their install did look good.

I'm only slightly contemplating doing 6x9's in the bags with their kit. I wonder how much more power/benefit you get out of them? Sounds like it probably is a Rockford Fosgate lid kit. Not real keen on cutting my CVO lids and deviating from factory finish. anyone else here do their 6x9's (or even someone else kit) and regret it? I absolutely don't want my lids to leak. That would pee me off and the boss as she's always cramming stuff we usually need in there lol.

I liked the carbons up front and irons in the bags. My wife actually liked it with irons all the way around best. Just shows how different ears can be. I have been talking on facebook with Sounds (Peter) and one of the HD dealerships appears to be doing installs for them still. Unsure of pricing yet or install cost. At Sturgis it was about $2k installed, which is about my personal limit I'd spend. I know another dealer close to me was doing the free install, but they are no longer an authorized dealer for some reason, so I might call them and find out why. Hoping to still get it done for $2k installed. If not, probably won't do it.

Anyone have any new info to share about them? Likes or dislikes? I'm not interested in putting together my own setup or anything similar to that. This is only about Soundz mainly. I already had a few White Trash Superstars on another (crap) HD forum give me unwanted or needed advice about how to spend my money.

Happy hump day! :bananarock:
2019 CVO Road Glide Red Pepper & Magnetic Grey With Black Hole
2017 CVO Street Glide Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black *Traded*

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
Re: Soundz Audio Questions & Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 12:09:21 PM »

I have there 8spkrs, Irons in the bags "they have been installed for about a yr and haven't had any leaks "knock on wood", carbons in the tour-pak, fairing, and lowers running on a single amp under the fairing. My local HD dealer installed them.  The new amp they have is suppose to be better rf shielded so it won't affect your FM reception. I want to add another amp and split the front on one and rear on another not that it needs it, but like motors its never enough hahaha. I just haven't had time to catch up with Pete to see if that is feasible to stuff the second under the Fairing of the Roadglide.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 03:30:07 PM »

Anyone that did Soundz Audio on the newer bikes, did your bike saddlebag get freed up of an amp? I checked out Soundz last year at Sturgis and almost did their 4 speaker system. While there I forgot to ask if they just run 1 big amp in the fairing? I'm thinking they do. I'd like some of the space back lol, but also want a fit & finish that looks as close to factory as possible. Which from seeing some of their install did look good.

I'm only slightly contemplating doing 6x9's in the bags with their kit. I wonder how much more power/benefit you get out of them? Sounds like it probably is a Rockford Fosgate lid kit. Not real keen on cutting my CVO lids and deviating from factory finish. anyone else here do their 6x9's (or even someone else kit) and regret it? I absolutely don't want my lids to leak. That would pee me off and the boss as she's always cramming stuff we usually need in there lol.

I liked the carbons up front and irons in the bags. My wife actually liked it with irons all the way around best. Just shows how different ears can be. I have been talking on facebook with Sounds (Peter) and one of the HD dealerships appears to be doing installs for them still. Unsure of pricing yet or install cost. At Sturgis it was about $2k installed, which is about my personal limit I'd spend. I know another dealer close to me was doing the free install, but they are no longer an authorized dealer for some reason, so I might call them and find out why. Hoping to still get it done for $2k installed. If not, probably won't do it.

Anyone have any new info to share about them? Likes or dislikes? I'm not interested in putting together my own setup or anything similar to that. This is only about Soundz mainly. I already had a few White Trash Superstars on another (crap) HD forum give me unwanted or needed advice about how to spend my money.

V-Twinn Audio makes adapters to upgrade to 6x9`s in your bags. No cutting involved. Not sure if this helps.

Good luck, keep us posted

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 05:55:49 PM »

I have a soundz system in my 16 sergu, installed by them at Sturgis. I have the iron 65s up front and iron 61s in the tour pac, all 6.5 inch, single amp in the fairing and a DSP. cost was 2235. w/tax installed. ive had no issues and sys. sounds amazing. cant speak for the lid speakers, will say they know whats going on when it comes to bike audio.... im a happy customer  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 09:10:21 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 07:10:28 PM »

I have 2 bikes with his systems. In the mako... . I have his 4 channel amp in the fairing. Carbons 6.5 up front and 5x7 s in the bags. His best 5x7 s with the horns and one other component that he recommended.  I still have the amp ln the left saddle bag but it isn't hooked up. He does use that connection tho.  I'm very happy with it.  You won't go wrong.   Stuart.

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 08:01:48 PM »

Whats the other thing he installed? The DSP? I'm thinking I'd only do the 5x7's in the bags. I don't think there is a good way to do 6x9's in CVO bags.

pudgeyxj

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2013 CVO R/K
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 01:16:42 PM »

Whats the other thing he installed? The DSP? I'm thinking I'd only do the 5x7's in the bags. I don't think there is a good way to do 6x9's in CVO bags.

I will be upgrading to 6x9's in a few months. As I mentioned above, V-Twinn Audio makes an adapter to run 6x9's.

Paul
2013 CVO RoadKing

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 06:27:28 PM »

Yes. That's it. The DSP.  He highly recommended it.  I'm so very happy with his stuff.   You will love it.  Stuart.

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »

I dropped the bike off at the H-D dealer last night after work. I went with carbons in front fairing and 5x7’s in the bag lids. Doing the bigger 4 Chan amp. I did see and listen to another bike at the dealer that had same setup already plus he added 6x9’s to the inner bag facing inward towards wheel. Believe it was the service managers bike. Definitely sounded good. I won’t be doing the extra set of 6x9’s facing the wheel. At least not now. I like my bag space.

It worked out for me as the dealer does a point system like a lot do (I generally hate that), but it kind of works out here. Get the free install (same as Soundz doing it at a show), plus they have their points for x amount spent, plus next Saturday they have double points on purchases LOL for spring open house. So should be a $200 gift card kicked back that I wasn’t expecting. Just have to drive little over an hour to this dealership.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 01:10:14 PM by load97 »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 06:00:49 PM »

I went with the 5x7s as well.  Didn't want to lose more bag space.    Stuart.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 02:32:42 PM »

I have a soundz system in my 16 sergu, installed by them at Sturgis. I have the iron 65s up front and iron 61s in the tour pac, all 6.5 inch, single amp in the fairing and a DSP. cost was 2235. w/tax installed. ive had no issues and sys. sounds amazing. cant speak for the lid speakers, will say they know whats going on when it comes to bike audio.... im a happy customer  :2vrolijk_21:

FF, why didn't you do the Iron 65s all the way around?, just curious 
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 07:19:39 PM »

you have to use a 1 inch adaptor to fit the speakers into the tour pac pods and the rear speakers are mostly covered by mommas butt most of the time … (don't tell her I said that, she will kill me) I was looking on their web page and see they now have a new carbon slim, will be getting a pair of them soon. the 61s sound great, when solo and around town speeds, like bag speakers at hiway speed cant really hear them so I cheeped out. Im thinking the slims will work better for momma with the extra room if nothing else
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:37:18 PM by fastfreddy »

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 08:32:46 PM »

you have to use a 1 inch adaptor to fit the speakers into the tour pac pods and the rear speakers are mostly covered by mommas butt most of the time … (don't tell her I said that, she will kill me) I was looking on their web page and see they now have a new carbon slim, will be getting a pair of them soon. the 61s sound great, when solo and around town speeds, like bag speakers at hiway speed cant really hear them so I cheeped out. Im thinking the slims will work better for momma with the extra room if nothing else

Thanks, I ride mostly solo, so that shouldn't matter, but I think I'm going to go with the 4 Carbon, but they are rather pricey
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 09:49:15 PM »

Thanks, I ride mostly solo, so that shouldn't matter, but I think I'm going to go with the 4 Carbon, but they are rather pricey
if you get a chance to listen to them side by side, the paper speaker (iron 65) has a better sound than the carbon 65. to my ear, that is, your impression may vary

load97

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 10:17:21 AM »

My wife liked the iron much better, and I really didn’t like them. I preferred the carbons.  I’m waiting for the dealer to do the install still and then time will tell if she warms up to them or I eventually hate them. The irons to me didn’t seem much better than the Boom 2’s. Still sounded mudffled & 70’s ish speaker sounding. I do wish the carbons were a tad warmer, but I really like the clarity. Time will tell I guess. Hoping the dealer has the bike wrapped up for me on Monday that they say it’s scheduled for. I kept getting pushed off.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 04:37:59 PM »

There coming to my house tomorrow morning, doing the carbons, unless the installer talks me out of them, we will see!
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »

There coming to my house tomorrow morning, doing the carbons, unless the installer talks me out of them, we will see!
Who did you find locally to do an install? And how in the world are they considered"essential" with this partial shut down we have going on?

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 05:21:59 PM »

Who did you find locally to do an install? And how in the world are they considered"essential" with this partial shut down we have going on?

The installer was in Cleveland today for a warranty repair, so there sending him to my house tomorrow morning, that’s service !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 05:25:30 PM »

My audio is considered essential

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 07:42:51 PM »

thats service for sure. are you going with the carbon slims in the tour pac ?  i havent got an answer from them about if the slims fit without using the adapter/spacer in tour pac pods.   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2020, 12:17:52 AM »

My audio is considered essential

Completely agree!
Alan

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 09:03:04 PM »

any up dates/reviews  on the new installs

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »

any up dates/reviews  on the new installs

Yes, they got to my house at 9:00am Saturday, it took him about two hours for the install, he turned it on and turned the volume all the way up, it was clear as can be, but so loud it hurt my ears, went for a short ride on Sunday and no trouble hearing it, wasn't a very good day to test it, it was very windy, but I like it! 
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2020, 07:15:40 AM »

Yes, they got to my house at 9:00am Saturday, it took him about two hours for the install, he turned it on and turned the volume all the way up, it was clear as can be, but so loud it hurt my ears, went for a short ride on Sunday and no trouble hearing it, wasn't a very good day to test it, it was very windy, but I like it!

What all was installed?  Thanks
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 07:53:16 AM »

What all was installed?  Thanks

I went with 4 Carbon Soundz speakers, the premium four channel amp and the DSP
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »

I went with 4 Carbon Soundz speakers, the premium four channel amp and the DSP
was the cabin slim used in tour Pac pods? Are there any spacer/adaptors used on the TP speakers

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 08:33:52 AM »

was the cabin slim used in tour Pac pods? Are there any spacer/adaptors used on the TP speakers
No, just like stock, I can post a picture tonight after work

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2020, 08:36:17 AM »

Sorry, forgot to post the pictures, looks the same as the stock speakers

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG

SEsupply2

• Senior CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 07:03:06 PM »

load 97.......I have had SOUNDZ in 2 bikes now, a 2009 CVO RG and my current 2018 CVO RG, good friend with Peter & Maddie...great people. I went with their 1 amp powering my 6 speakers (4 - Iron 65 and 2 - Iron 57) so yes I removed the amp in the saddlebag. They did have to cut thebasket in the saddlebag lids as their magnet is HUGE compared to the Boom 2.....was hesitant also but never any issues with it leaking.
the price they tell you is an installed price, never any labor charges. I am not sure where you are located but get with Peter to see if he has dealers near you.
Do it right the first time with SOUNDZ, you won't regret it.
Stay safe!
2018 FLTRXSE
Fullsac MX pipe and S&S MK45's
Corbin dual touring seat
SOUNDZ Amp, Iron 65 & Iron 57 speakers
HD king tourpak w/chopped backrest
Metalsport luggage rack
JH Choppers floorboards
Freedom windshield 13"
Ciro3d cupholders
Ohlins 159 shocks
Avon grips/pegs
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 24 queries.