Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Antenna hook up  (Read 586 times)

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
Antenna hook up
« on: March 18, 2020, 07:56:04 AM »

Hello all, I'm installing a 19 king tour pack with led light bar and side lights on a 12 SESG, I have been searching for a antenna extension cable to go to the tour pack for quick disconnect but have not had any luck. Has anyone done this or know the part number or if I need to replace the cable from radio back. I've tried hidden antennas didn't have any luck. Tnx in advance.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Antenna hook up
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:19:45 AM »

Hello all, I'm installing a 19 king tour pack with led light bar and side lights on a 12 SESG, I have been searching for a antenna extension cable to go to the tour pack for quick disconnect but have not had any luck. Has anyone done this or know the part number or if I need to replace the cable from radio back. I've tried hidden antennas didn't have any luck. Tnx in advance.

Take a look at the part list at this site (see link below), it shows the setup used on the 2005 FLHTCSE2.  The regular antenna cable goes to the antenna bracket mounted to the bike, for those times you want to ride without the TP.  When you install the TP you unscrew the antenna mast from the fitting at the bracket and then attach the extension cable for the TP and screw the antenna mast to the TP fitting.  Works great.  The parts appear to still be available, the only questions might be how the stock cable is terminated at the rear fender bracket and the length difference between the small TP on the 2005 and the length needed for a King TP.  Some of the guys with the 2005 model installed King TP's, perhaps one of them can jump in and let you know if they had to modify the stock setup.  If all else fails, locate a local stereo shop that does custom installs on cars.  For a price I'm sure they will be able to come up with a solution like the one shown for the 2005.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=535&b=59&c=0&d=2005%20FLHTCSE2%20Screamin%27%20Eagle%AE%20Electra%20Glide%AE%202%20(PK)%20ELECTRICAL%20-%20RADIO%20W/%20ANTENNA

Jerry
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 09:22:29 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

InfernoCVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE2
    • CVO2: 2012 cvo street glide
Re: Antenna hook up
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 05:45:16 PM »

The antenna cable that comes out of tour pack has a square end where the extension would plug. tour pack harness is the newer style

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.