Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boom! Audio Expand headset  (Read 474 times)

Glenncarp

Boom! Audio Expand headset
« on: April 10, 2020, 10:59:34 AM »

Need some help from the experts;
Have WHIM installed, going today to pick up (curbside) the HD Boom headset. Was in contact with Sena and even they advised that best bet is the Expand as HD makes it tough for anyone else to crack into their system.

Question is: I read the entire Boom! Expand manual and I do not care about the intercom function, listening or listening music through headset, I want to take calls through GTS and want to interact with GPS and phone though GTS. Manual covers none of this, it does not even mention these functions. It states you can pair with phone and GTS so I am assuming the headset will act like wired one on old bike did, just weird that I cannot find a list of commands from headset to GTS in manual, anyone have any experience or information?

Thanks in advance.

Glenncarp

Re: Boom! Audio Expand headset
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 03:35:29 PM »

Crap, ignore original post, i assumed i had the WHIM installed as I had the dealer turn it on to be able to use Apple Car play, purchased the headset, got home, no option to pair headset, meaning no WHIM installed.

Closing gate after horse is out; I learned 2019 RG specials did not come with WHIM, just CVO's.

Sena Freewire is option, but I do not have 7 pin connector on bike. That is going backwards in technology

All I want to do is like I did on '16 RG CVO, talk to GPS and take calls, I am not willing to spend $300 on WHIM, 2 hours taking fairing and tank off to install, and $160 on headset to do this though.

Once again, the HD merry-go-round has dampened my enthusiasm. :(

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 23 queries.