Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddle bag latch  (Read 2058 times)

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
Saddle bag latch
« on: April 26, 2013, 07:18:56 AM »

Right side latch will not stay closed. Dealer replaced and still pops open every little bump. Any tips tricks other than locking the fn thing all the time.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
Re: Saddle bag latch
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:30:07 AM »

Right side latch will not stay closed. Dealer replaced and still pops open every little bump. Any tips tricks other than locking the fn thing all the time.

It only takes  seconds to lock. 2 seconds of insurance is a lot better then getting down the

road to only find out that half your stash in the bag is scattered along the side of the road behind you!

JMHO,

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

klaffey

• CVO1: 2012 Skunk
    • CVO2: 2015 CVORGU Chrimson
    • CVO3: 2019 CVORG Red Pepper
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »

Make sure the webbing holding the lid to the box is not getting in the way. Happens all the time.  It should snap shut tightly. 

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:52:30 AM »

take a small screwdriver and lift up the 2 little tabs (one on each side of the latch) that the latch catches on a bit and close, not tight enough...do it again.

Thats what I did and my HD checks them when they come in for service.  Takes 30 seconds per side.

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Dacuda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Atomic Orange CVO Road Glide Custom 117
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 02:32:22 AM »

Same thing happens to mine on the right side, I keep it locked all the time since thats where my IPod is, but I will have it looked at when I take it in for service.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 06:39:09 AM »

Same thing happens to mine on the right side, I keep it locked all the time since thats where my IPod is, but I will have it looked at when I take it in for service.

Mine "snap" fit. If they pop open I have other problems!!

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

revolver

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »

Just reajuste were the pin lock, 7/16 bolt , loose that bolt and re tight it

Sorry for bad englis

Revolver

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »

mine did the same thing at first, after a few days in the sun it fixed itself. think it took a lill time for seal seat itself???? no problems since. have you got to ride since the new pipe was installed? wondering if you got better numers, did you go with black heat sheilds?
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »

Have road it a little bit. Also put 577 cams in when I did the exhaust numbers are not what some have posted 106/117. Seems to run pretty darn good. Will have a better idea after tomorrow, wife and I going on a ride. I did have my exhaust coated black and think it looks good!

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 06:15:08 PM »

thats not bad at all. maybe ill see ya on the road, want to see the blacked out exhaust. my girl & i will be riding tomarrow be in mo. vally/soldier area? have a good one
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

shelby500

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »

Headed up to Fayette to watch my nephew play ball in the morning. Will post some pictures of exhaust for you soon.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.