CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

CB antenna placement

<< < (2/2)

cvosjoe:

--- Quote from: paconico1992 on February 16, 2020, 09:45:44 AM ---With a SG CVO rear fender and no tour pac where can the antenna be placed? I’d like to get a range of one mile and something low profile.

--- End quote ---
Here is where I have put the cb antenna on my last 3 CVO Street Glides and now on my 2020 Road Glide Special. Very easy to make a small angle bracket to fit. I do group rides on a weekly basis and have tried the J&M and HD hidden antenna and they dont work well. Line of sight maybe a 1/4 mile but in the mountains on curvy roads you're lucky to get 200 yards. I can only attach one picture so I'll post a couple others.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

cvosjoe:
Another angle

cvosjoe:
Another

grc:

--- Quote from: cvosjoe on February 16, 2020, 04:45:41 PM ---Here is where I have put the cb antenna on my last 3 CVO Street Glides and now on my 2020 Road Glide Special. Very easy to make a small angle bracket to fit. I do group rides on a weekly basis and have tried the J&M and HD hidden antenna and they dont work well. Line of sight maybe a 1/4 mile but in the mountains on curvy roads you're lucky to get 200 yards. I can only attach one picture so I'll post a couple others.

--- End quote ---

Thus my earlier comment.  CB range is highly dependent on the antenna, and so far I've never heard of a short hidden antenna that can come close to the performance of a good external antenna.  If you can't get more than a quarter mile range, why bother installing a CB?  And at 200 yards perhaps hand signals would be as good?  ;)

There comes a time when actual performance has to outweigh the desire to look cool.

JMHO - Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version