Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley's CEO Compensated $4.25MLN  (Read 2074 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Harley's CEO Compensated $4.25MLN
« on: April 04, 2007, 03:55:01 PM »

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The chief executive officer of motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson Inc. received compensation last year that the company valued at $4.25 million, according to a regulatory filing Wednesday.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070328/harley_davidson_executive_compensation.html?.v=1

SPIDERMAN

Re: Harley's CEO Compensated $4.25MLN
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 08:11:42 PM »

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The chief executive officer of motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson Inc. received compensation last year that the company valued at $4.25 million, according to a regulatory filing Wednesday.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070328/harley_davidson_executive_compensation.html?.v=1

That's actually kinda low when compared with what a lot of these guys make. Good for H-D for keepin Executive compensation down and returning value to their shareholders.
 :2vrolijk_21:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »

Look at all the money they saved on quality paint,  he got his cut.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

golaith69

• 06 FLHTCUSE - BLACK CANDY CRIMSON
  • Full CVO Member
  • PLEASE STAND UP WHEN YOU ARE TALKING 2 ME
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »

well all ;  i  think  all of  you  would  just  cry  if  you  knew  what  kind  of  bonuses the employees from the bottom to the top  get  every  year... 

anywhere  from $5,000 at the bottom  TO  $ 2.5 m at  the top ...   this  is a  every year thing
up grades - true duals , vance & hines slash cuts , power commander , KN super sucker -w/ chrome base , smart siren II w/ pager ,chrome inner primary ,engine lites ,L.E.D tail lites ,chrome windshield molding ,oil temp guage into fairing, speaker trim rings ,radio trim piece , etc.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »

well all ;  i  think  all of  you  would  just  cry  if  you  knew  what  kind  of  bonuses the employees from the bottom to the top  get  every  year... 

anywhere  from $5,000 at the bottom  TO  $ 2.5 m at  the top ...   this  is a  every year thing

His base is $850k roughly, big bonus there and perks.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 01:03:09 AM »

I agree with Brian, for a CEO of a multi-billion $ corporation, that's conservative money these days. Take a look at NCR, HP, Apple, MCI, etc. and you'll be amazed at what they drag down.  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 01:19:59 AM »

That's actually kinda low when compared with what a lot of these guys make. Good for H-D for keepin Executive compensation down and returning value to their shareholders.
 :2vrolijk_21:

Without regard to whether we agree with many of the company's behaviors from the financial perspective they're still a juggernaut.  Roughly a billion dollars net income on something just over six billion in revenue.  With numbers like that compared to the market he's underpaid.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »

The problem with executive compensation contracts/plans is that they are rarely tied to anything "real" with regards to service provided to the company.  The compensation levels for these CEO's are driven by artificial "market values" that have little or nothing to do with the actual value added, and more to do with what "the other guy" is doing.  Not so much in this case, but some of the pay these guys get is absolutely ludricous, and they do little to deserve it.  Nice work if you can get it though...

Other than the owner of the company, is any one individual's skill set/knowledge actually worth millions of dollars a year?  IMO, no.  Only when the company's stock starts crashing do the stock holders pay attention to some of the absurd packages these guys get. :soapbox:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »

The problem with executive compensation contracts/plans is that they are rarely tied to anything "real" with regards to service provided to the company.  The compensation levels for these CEO's are driven by artificial "market values" that have little or nothing to do with the actual value added, and more to do with what "the other guy" is doing.  Not so much in this case, but some of the pay these guys get is absolutely ludricous, and they do little to deserve it.  Nice work if you can get it though...

Other than the owner of the company, is any one individual's skill set/knowledge actually worth millions of dollars a year?  IMO, no.  Only when the company's stock starts crashing do the stock holders pay attention to some of the absurd packages these guys get. :soapbox:

I agree, sometimes, the pay packages are ludicrous.  No one is worth the kind of money someone like Nardelli at Home Depot was paid.  Board of Directors have really dropped the ball on protecting shareholders.  Having been in the venture business for 20 years now, i am no longer amazed by the incompetence of Boards.  I will say that Ziemer package is not very high by U.S. standards.  The average Harley worker makes probably $40k? - which means Ziemer is paid 100X more.  The US standard is probably closer to 5000X more these days!!.  They say that his stock options are "worth" 2.36mm.  Hard to say what they are really worth since US GAAP is so screwed up and the valuation of those options may not be close to realizable value.

Free

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »

Just for comparison purposes.....

DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. (NYSE:F - news), which posted a loss of $12.7 billion last year, said on Thursday that Chief Executive Alan Mulally received $28.18 million in compensation in 2006, including an $18.5 million bonus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mulally, a former Boeing Co.(NYSE:BA - news) executive, replaced Ford family scion Bill Ford Jr. as chief executive last September.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 04:39:17 PM »

Just for comparison purposes.....

That is exactly what I'm referring to...who on this earth is worth that kind of money just to do a JOB?  I'll answer that: NOBODY!!  If bonuses and incentives are tied to quality productivity for the company, then some reasonable base pay, plus incentive payments might be warranted, but many of these people are getting this kind of money for running the company into the ground, relatively speaking.  There's something terribly wrong with the equation.

And we pay our educators 50K a year and wonder why the best and brightest don't want to teach...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »

That is exactly what I'm referring to...who on this earth is worth that kind of money just to do a JOB?  I'll answer that: NOBODY!!  If bonuses and incentives are tied to quality productivity for the company, then some reasonable base pay, plus incentive payments might be warranted, but many of these people are getting this kind of money for running the company into the ground, relatively speaking.  There's something terribly wrong with the equation.

And we pay our educators 50K a year and wonder why the best and brightest don't want to teach...

A big AMEN to that.  Also, I looked at the stock price the day Ziemer was announced as CEO and figured the return to shareholders to today (including dividends) and its a 10.7% absolute return or 5.2% annualized.  So although Harley has done well relative to other comparable companies, the shareholders haven't done too well.  But dont get me wrong, his pay is far less than other CEOs producing much less.

Free

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 05:35:38 PM »

I met Mr. Ziemer and had him autograph my saddlebag lid.
He had just got a matching 2006 Haze and seemed very interested in my mods. He also listened to me about the paint issues on other 2006 bikes and he said he was just made aware of the problem at Daytona the week before I met him.
He seemed interested in customer feedback and trying to produce a quality product that he also rides. I was able to spend about 25 minutes talking to him because most people didn't know who he was and wanted to get to Willie G.

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 22 queries.