Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 2008 Victory Baggers  (Read 7032 times)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
Re: 2008 Victory Baggers
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »

It's not my cup of tea but at least the gen ryu model is an interesting exercise in design. Definetely has lines similar to cars of the 40's and even vintage trains. Interesting, but maybe pointless.

Looking back at the 100 years or so of the motorcycles history, a bike is a bike. I mean whether its a cafe racer, a sport touring rig or a Harley E-glide, take off the fairings and other stuff and you can still see the heritage that goes back to a board track racer. Strip my SEEG down and I can see the same basic outline of an old Montessa my dad had.

I guess bikes are like people. Whether your from Atlanta, Ga or the country of Georgia your the same basic setup, some may be in better shape than others, some a lil bigger, some a lil faster, the biggest difference is in the clothes we wear - or our bikes wear. So, looking into the future, say 20 years, would you expect the new bikes on the showroom floor to look much different than what we ride today? I wouldn't, look back 20 years and they're not much different.

It's kind of neat and comforting to think about, 100 years ago someone got just about the same rush I got yesterday riding a scooter to the next town 30 miles north of here, only he probably had a better reason to than I did. I just needed some diet coke :)
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »

That looks like a Maxi-Pad 3000 and I know just who needs it too...................and it matches that POS Pontiac she had a few years ago.

Damd Rjob749 now ya did it. I have gone stone blind. Just a one glance of that Pic you posted
did it.                           :cool26:      I need a  :drink:

MikeD

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2007, 10:33:52 PM »

Victory is still trying to find there place in the market, they've realized that they can't touch the die-hard harley fanatics so they are going after they foreign market trying to bring som $$ to the us.  Yamaha, WTF i agree looks like a USED maxi pad!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.