Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Paying Respect To A Fallen Soldier  (Read 3445 times)

Bagger

Re: Paying Respect To A Fallen Soldier
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 06:53:04 PM »

It was a time of huge social unrest... not just about the war but about values, morality, racism, equality... you name it. It was a time when questioning authority became the mantra of a generation.
It troubled me as well because the service was no less sacrificial or selfless and the blood that was shed was just as red from all participants. That's why [highlight]it's important to thank ALL vets for their service.[/highlight] Just my 2 cents.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 09:21:06 PM »

On Wed. 7-11-07, I will joining the Patriot Gaurds on paying respect to a local soldier killed last week. This is my first ride with them and I wished it could be be last too. God bless our troops!
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »

On Wed. 7-11-07, I will joining the Patriot Gaurds on paying respect to a local soldier killed last week. This is my first ride with them and I wished it could be be last too. God bless our troops!

Thank you.

joez28ss

• Senior CVO Member
  • BOXERS RULE!!!!!!

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Gray
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 07:13:19 PM »

Gettinold im a member also i remember my first was very emotional thank you for honoring the men an women who paid the ultimate price.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
   joez28ss
LIFE SHOULD BE LIVED SO THAT WHEN WE DIE WE WILL BE MISSED.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »

Gettinold im a member also i remember my first was very emotional thank you for honoring the men an women who paid the ultimate price.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
   joez28ss

Thanks Joe ! I knew when I heard on the news July 1 2007 that a 20 year old soldier from Saftey Harbor, Fl. had lost his life in Iraq fighting for us, that this was going to be my maiden ride with the Patriot Gaurds. I have been a member for almost 2 years and have never been able to attend any others but, this one is in my back yard.
God Bless Our Troops.

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 12:23:26 AM »

Thanks Joe ! I knew when I heard on the news July 1 2007 that a 20 year old soldier from Saftey Harbor, Fl. had lost his life in Iraq fighting for us, that this was going to be my maiden ride with the Patriot Gaurds. I have been a member for almost 2 years and have never been able to attend any others but, this one is in my back yard.
God Bless Our Troops.

Dave

To Dave and all of the other Patriot Guard Riders:  I am very inspired by what you do in your way to honor my fallen comrades.  You counteract some of the most despicable and venemous protesting that makes my skin crawl.

I have seen Patriot Guard Riders on highways so icy snow covered and freakin cold that i didnt want to be on them in my truck,, and yet they were riding to honor a fallen soldier. 

Thank You

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 06:38:45 PM »

Thank you.  A reflection of "Unconditional Respect", by the "Greatest People", in the "Greatest Country", in the World.  I commend Major Gary Blied for his Service to this Great Country, and Master Sgt. Richardson, in giving the Ultimate Sacrafice, for my Freedom.  :'( Later--HUBBARD    

Can't add any more to what Carl expressed so well. I'm afraid so few of our fallen are honored as they should be and it's a damn shame. These occasions make it real, and too bad it's not on the front page or evening news everywhere.

Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 07:21:16 PM »

To Dave and all of the other Patriot Guard Riders:  I am very inspired by what you do in your way to honor my fallen comrades.  You counteract some of the most despicable and venomous protesting that makes my skin crawl.

I have seen Patriot Guard Riders on highways so icy snow covered and freaking cold that i didn't want to be on them in my truck,, and yet they were riding to honor a fallen soldier. 

Thank You

Thanks Scot. It was very rewarding even though the temps were over 90 degrees today. You know if you would of been here I had a bike for you to ride. You would make a good guard. :2vrolijk_21: I even met another local member and a couple of his buddies from St Pete., but I was so over whelmed I forgot his name and screen name. :nixweiss: his friends name is Al and he took a few pics, so when he posts them I'm sure my memory will return.  :-\ Man the heat down here all day gets to ya dont you know. :nervous: The 4 of stopped and had lunch and road home together, so hopefully their memory is better than mine.  ;D

Dave
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 07:56:42 PM »

Woop Dee Doo Don   :worthless:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 08:04:54 PM »

I joined the Patriot Riders about 6 months ago. But I haven't heard anything from them since the original acknowledgement. How are you notified of their activity? I joined specifically so I can pay my due respect to any of our brave men and women who died fighting to maintain my freedom! I would like to participate. I'd like to believe I haven't heard from them because nobody from my area has given their life yet, fighting for my freedom. But I'd love to participate if someone has. What's their procedure for this? Respectfully, Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 08:09:51 PM »

I joined the Patriot Riders about 6 months ago. But I haven't heard anything from them since the original acknowledgement. How are you notified of their activity? I joined specifically so I can pay my due respect to any of our brave men and women who died fighting to maintain my freedom! I would like to participate. I'd like to believe I haven't heard from them because nobody from my area has given their life yet, fighting for my freedom. But I'd love to participate if someone has. What's their procedure for this? Respectfully, Hoist! 8)
Howie,
I joined up not to long after it was started and I receive emails concerning activity in my state, and surrounding states. You may want to go to the site and search for NYC or NY state road captains and see if you can be added to their email list.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »

Hoist I'm notified by email. They send me a complete intenary for all fla. activity. One could only be lucky not to get the call in your state.
E mail them and confirm your memebership.  :2vrolijk_21:

Dave

09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 10:11:09 PM »

Gary, thanks for the contact to the NY PGR Road Captain. Like you guys said, I was under the impression when I first joined, that I'd be notified about things via email. Maybe it's different around here. I'll check with them. Thanks guys! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.