Author Topic: NIU  (Read 1573 times)

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
NIU
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:22:02 AM »

Bless all the Students and Family at NIU who were affected by yesterday tragic shooting..

My Son attends NIU he was not near the shooting but has some friends that were near. I just can't imagine what students and Families are going through now.        

We had a 3 helicopters fly over the house that were air lifted from DeKalb to Rockford.  It was a very saddening feeling last night...
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: NIU
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:33:39 AM »

Bless all the Students and Family at NIU who were affected by yesterday tragic shooting..

My Son attends NIU he was not near the shooting but has some friends that were near. I just can't imagine what students and Families are going through now.        

We had a 3 helicopters fly over the house that were air lifted from DeKalb to Rockford.  It was a very saddening feeling last night...

What a terrible tragedy...  The NIU campus is about a half hour down the road from me.  I have many friends and acquaintences that either work at NIU or attend NIU.  I have had a sick feeling in my gut ever since learning what was happening yesterday afternoon - wondering if any of my friends were involved.  They have announced the names of 4 of the deceased so far.  I have been in contact with my close friends that have children attending NIU. One had a daughter that was in the auditorium at the time of the shooting, but thankfully, she is safe.  They already have arranging counseling for her today.

It is hard to put into words my thoughts and feelings.  Sane people cannot comprehend events such as these.  If the small campus in the small town of DeKalb is not safe - then there are no safe places anywhere...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:01:18 AM »

Sad indeed. I can't imagine what is going on in the students minds as the gunman is running rampant. A tragedy indeed. My heart goes out to all affected.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:03:09 AM by Muffman »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

Sad indeed. I can't imagine what is going on in the students minds as the gunman is running rampant. A tragedy indeed. My heart goes out to all affected.

"How come I cannot carry a gun on campus to defend myself and others? " would be the first thing I would think.
Guns are not allowed on college campuses since 1968 when the National Guard shot the 4 students at Kent state.  How ironic that only the government is still allowed to carry guns on a college campus since they initially prompted the law.
Even the faculty could help if allowed to carry.
Worst of all, the liberals will attempt to pass more gun laws as a knee jerk reaction to their lack of intelligence in preventing this type of disaster.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »

"How come I cannot carry a gun on campus to defend myself and others? " would be the first thing I would think.
Guns are not allowed on college campuses since 1968 when the National Guard shot the 4 students at Kent state.  How ironic that only the government is still allowed to carry guns on a college campus since they initially prompted the law.
Worst of all, the liberals will attempt to pass more gun laws as a knee jerk reaction to their lack of intelligence in preventing this type of disaster.

I'll tell you that knob is lucky he blew his own head off too. Too many times they don't off themselves and are judged insane by the courts & live the life of luxury in the "insane" asylums. If someone like that isn't happy with his life, jump off a friggin cliff or pull the trigger upside his head with a 357. jmo

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:15 AM »

Not being insane, I cannot see the logic, why not just kill yourself?, why hurt others including your own family?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 11:09:04 AM »

Not being insane, I cannot see the logic, why not just kill yourself?, why hurt others including your own family?

It appears these nuts want media attention and/or revenge usually.  No doubt they pick areas like schools where they KNOW the likelihood of anyone having a gun besides them is remote.  Cowardly behavior to the nth degree.

Prayers for the families involved - another very sad episode.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »

It appears these nuts want media attention and/or revenge usually.  No doubt they pick areas like schools where they KNOW the likelihood of anyone having a gun besides them is remote.  Cowardly behavior to the nth degree.

Prayers for the families involved - another very sad episode.

I'd luv to have 5 minutes in a locked room with these cowards. Actually, I wouldn't need 5 minutes.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:31:38 AM »

I'd luv to have 5 minutes in a locked room with these cowards. Actually, I wouldn't need 5 minutes.

Most likely also why so many of these kill themselves - pre-planned.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 11:38:43 AM »

Most likely also why so many of these kill themselves - pre-planned.

You hit the nail right on the head!

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »

After 911 Pilots were alowed to carry guns, perhaps it's time for the Faculty to start???
Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 08:05:10 PM »

Ain't it the Truth?  I'd bet my last $ YOU didn't vote for "FAT TEDDY."  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »

Ain't it the Truth?  I'd bet my last $ YOU didn't vote for "FAT TEDDY."  :2vrolijk_21: Later--HUBBARD

I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than go for a ride with Ted Kennedy

Teddie preaches abouth the enviroment, then stops the development of a solar wind farm large enough to power Cape Cod because it's near where he sails.

BTW, Teddie carries and so does Hillary.  I know that from a SS agent.  As a matter of fact, Hillary was not allowed to carry on a plane because the pilot said that if he couldn't carry, then she couldn't carry on the plane.  They have to declare to the pilot who on board is carrying.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »

Sad...

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »

My thoughts and condolenses to the affected families.  My only hope is that it stands as a lesson to teach your young to protect themselves.  The world is no longer a shiney penny for all to admire.

My great-grandfather used to preach that we all had to bring our guns to the family re-unions.  His theory was that an armed party is a polite party, and he wasn't going to put up with family fights at his annual re-union.  It worked like a champ, and there was usually a lot of healthy competitive shooting of various sorts at those weekend outings...!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 25 queries.