Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Justice?  (Read 4285 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Justice?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »

Patron is organic maybe?   :nixweiss:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »

I think so. Cactus juice is a good thing.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2008, 09:26:42 PM »

Lemon is too. Salt's naturally occurring so it counts too.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 09:39:01 PM »

My commitment to an organic harmonic environment is almost inspiring!   :drink:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 09:39:45 PM »

What's all that got to do with an extremely wealthy corporation stiffing a bunch of poor Alaskan fishermen for 20 years?  If I remember correctly, their after tax profits for 2007 were in the $40B range.  $2.5B for the Alaskans is mere chump change to these folks (and is probably less than what they paid in bonuses to the executives).  And let's not forget all that taxpayer money being spent to secure the Iraqi oil reserves for them; I think we're getting into the really big bucks on that.  Let's check with GW, maybe he can find a way for the taxpayers to pony up the $2.5B judgement for them as well. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »

My commitment to an organic harmonic environment is almost inspiring!   :drink:

Musta just flushed?

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 09:48:04 PM »

Musta just flushed?

Low flow, of course.

I wonder what the layoff/lose jobs goal is for blue collar Exxon refinery workers & Exxon service station attendants who earn minimum wage due to this boycott?  10%?  30%?  100%?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 09:02:11 AM by iski »

nightvet

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Annie SERK
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2008, 11:51:45 AM »

I wonder what the layoff/lose jobs goal is for blue collar Exxon refinery workers & Exxon service station attendants who earn minimum wage due to this boycott?  10%?  30%?  100%?

Much as that is a beautiful pro-worker sentiment, this does not excuse Exxon's actions. Furthermore, if you want to play that game, by boycotting Exxon and using another company's product, you will be creating more demand for the other product, requiring them to increase production and hire more refiner workers and service station attendants.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »

Exxon had choices, as did the stupid SOB who was captain of the tanker that made the mess, who should be serving time right now, if it were up to me, and most of that time would be spent helping to clean up the absolute disaster he helped cause.

I don't give a chit how conservative/liberal a person is, what Exxon is doing is WRONG...yes, they have the money and a battalion of corporate attorneys to explore every legal way possible to avoid doing the RIGHT thing, but ethically they suck, and I will continue not doing business with them, if at all possible.

What they needed to do in order to keep people like me from avoiding their product was simple...pay the money, admit they f'd up big time, take every possible step to ensure the public it won't happen again, and spend whatever necessary to repair as much of the damage as possible.  Pretty damn simple to do the right thing, but they chose the low road instead.  And then people wonder why there is a need for governmental oversight, which is certainly not perfect, but necessary.

Glutinous Pigs, like so many others in big business.  There is no correlation between compensation and actual job worth in the majority of corporate executive pay, bonuses, and severance packages.  Exxon is just one example.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2008, 05:47:01 PM »

Much as that is a beautiful pro-worker sentiment, this does not excuse Exxon's actions. Furthermore, if you want to play that game, by boycotting Exxon and using another company's product, you will be creating more demand for the other product, requiring them to increase production and hire more refiner workers and service station attendants.

No problem with boycotts or choosing who one does biz with.  I do similar all the time. Some companies I refuse to do biz with, for my own reasons.  Did not mean my remark to be any beautiful pro-worker deal, I know some folks who work in different divisions of Exxon/Mobil & their product lines reaches very far beyond the gas & oil retail stuff.  Similar to Du Pont in some ways.  Each day most of us encounter some of their products & are not even aware of it.

Since the world oil supply is basically over-spoken for due to the decisions to allow the middle eastern nations a carte balnc on price setting a few decades ago, Exxon would just sell their refinery output through other channels & in some cases, they already do. 

Anyway, my plans to burn organic soy juice were thrown awry when the holistic energy commune decided to sell out to BP & buy condos in Venezuela.  Left the Amish tanker drivers in the lurch.  And if you've ever seen an Amish in the lurch....well, it just isn't a pretty sight.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 10:08:40 PM »

Low flow, of course.

Ahhhhh  when all else fails in an argument, the far right discovers sympathy for the working man.  Crocodile tears Iski, crocodile tears

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 08:52:56 AM »

Ahhhhh  when all else fails in an argument, the far right discovers sympathy for the working man.  Crocodile tears Iski, crocodile tears

B B

BB - You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in regard to me. None.

Thanks ever so much for proving it here and there & even over ------------>.

BTW - - I could care less about whatever odd politics you believe but it's obvious a Tooth Fairy is involved in there somewhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 22 queries.