Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Motorycyle Deaths Rising-Washington Post  (Read 3789 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Motorycyle Deaths Rising-Washington Post
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »

2Lane,

Love the pie chart -- I wish I could sit in on one of your briefings sometimes!!!

Mark

Mark, the ironic thing is I have heard people say exactly the opposite more than once ::) .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 01:36:51 PM »

My voices never tell me if they love me or not,

You poor bastard.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »

You poor bastard.

Exactly.  Maybe if I sat in on one of your briefings, it'd cheer me up?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 01:38:43 PM »

It would get crowded if you sit in 2LR's briefs while he is still wearing them, IMHO.

Dammit.  Had a perfectly good terrible thing written there.  Then had to self-delete because you know D00d is out there somewhere.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »

Exactly.  Maybe if I sat in on one of your briefings, it'd cheer me up?

And the voices would commune on a higher plain (which is different than commute on a higher plane).

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 01:45:16 PM »

And the voices would commune on a higher plain (which is different than commute on a higher plane).

d00d is everywhere, like Superman, but without the cape & red boots & I don't think kryptonite bothers him either but I'm not sure.

I commuted on a higher plane last week.  Nice almost new Airbus - cabin was set at 42 degrees & in Coach meat hooks were only $1.50 an hour. In First they were complimentary of course.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »

d00d is everywhere, like Superman, but without the cape & red boots & I don't think kryptonite bothers him either but I'm not sure.

I commuted on a higher plane last week.  Nice almost new Airbus - cabin was set at 42 degrees & in Coach meat hooks were only $1.50 an hour. In First they were complimentary of course.

Probably would have been considered bad form to ask a seat mate if he/she/it wanted to snuggle for warmth....

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »

Probably would have been considered bad form to ask a seat mate if he/she/it wanted to snuggle for warmth....

A nice lady, slept in her window seat from the time I sat down until we landed with a nice big bump & a strong rightward swaying/careening veer that did not leave the runway but greatly scared a nearby group of geese feeding.  She did not snore, my light overhead did not work, so reading was difficult in spite of her not snoring.  5:30 am flight - the glamorous traveling life & all....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 02:21:47 PM »

A nice lady, slept in her window seat from the time I sat down until we landed with a nice big bump & a strong rightward swaying/careening veer that did not leave the runway but greatly scared a nearby group of geese feeding.  She did not snore, my light overhead did not work, so reading was difficult in spite of her not snoring.  5:30 am flight - the glamorous traveling life & all....

I absolutely hate flying commercial airlines again.  There's just nothing good about the experience. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »

I absolutely hate flying commercial airlines again.  There's just nothing good about the experience. 

Everything about it is cheaper, and that has made it worse than it was from my early days - the 70's.  Private/charter is a lot better but none of that now for me.  Even the local farmer shooing his cows off the runway has a certain ambiance....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 02:39:20 PM »

Everything about it is cheaper, and that has made it worse than it was from my early days - the 70's.  Private/charter is a lot better but none of that now for me.  Even the local farmer shooing his cows off the runway has a certain ambiance....

If given the choice I'll choose cargo nets or shoehorned between some loadmaster's palettes before taking a commercial hop.  It just sucks.  Only thing worse than the planes is the airports.  And the only thing worse than the airports is the planes.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 11:07:07 PM »

If given the choice I'll choose cargo nets or shoehorned between some loadmaster's palettes before taking a commercial hop.  It just sucks.  Only thing worse than the planes is the airports.  And the only thing worse than the airports is the planes.

In the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off the principal, Mr. Rooney, is riding the bus and a kid says "I bet you never smelled a real school bus before".  Planes smell like that now.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.