Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Police look for two motorcyclists after shooting death  (Read 995 times)

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
Police look for two motorcyclists after shooting death
« on: June 06, 2010, 08:31:52 AM »

Police look for two motorcyclists after Janesville, WI shooting death

WI State Journal, Associated Press | Posted: Saturday, June 5, 2010 8:25 pm |
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_1be23b50-710b-11df-bc68-001cc4c002e0.html

Police are looking for two men involved in the shooting death of a 30-year-old man after a dispute at a downtown Janesville intersection late Friday night.

Samuel M. Aegerter, of Janesville, was shot multiple times by one of the men at around 11:40 p.m., Janesville police said. He died at Mercy Hospital just before 1 a.m. on Saturday.

Lt. Tim Hiers said Aegerter and two male friends were in a Jeep coming from a bar in downtown Janesville when Aegerter, who was sitting in the back seat, exchanged words with at least one of two men on motorcycles.

The motorcyclists were in a left turn lane in the 600 block of West Milwaukee Street, at what is known at the "five points" intersection, and the Jeep was about to head west on to Court Street.

When the Jeep pulled away, the motorcycles followed it for two or three blocks before one of them fired multiple rounds from a handgun into the jeep, hitting Aegerter in the neck.

"This occurred as a result of a confrontation between the two," Hiers said.

The other men in the Jeep were not hurt.

Police described the motorcyclists as white men in their 30s or 40s with shaved heads, goatees and dark clothing.

Hiers said the motorcycles had loud, Harley Davidson-style pipes.

---------------------------------------------------

:nixweiss:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Police look for two motorcyclists after shooting death
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 11:14:09 AM »

The kids were probably harassing the bikers. I think people seem to forget that when a cager starts harassing a biker, that vehicle is a lethal weapon, and even if they don't collide, they could cause the bike to swerve and loose control causing major injury or worse. Imho, the biker should have a right to defend themselves from folks who are diligently trying to harm them. It amazes me how often this kind of crap happens, and the cager thinks it's all fun and games, not realizing the potiential harm here. I've had a couple of situations over the years that had I been packing, there would be a couple of stiffs on the side of the road. Obviously, in this situation, the altercation already ended as the Jeep was fleeing, but the cops are relying on the other Jeep occupants version that no doubt was sanitized in a big way. I can't wait to hear the full story.

2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Re: Police look for two motorcyclists after shooting death
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »

No one needs to die.............. there is always 2 sides to every story.
I believe no one should be packing, but sometimes I wish I was!!
Cagers seem to own the road, but I believe in this case, the bikers
started it!
The "TAZMUN"

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.