Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour  (Read 13489 times)

Half_Crazy

Re: "New" Victory Cross Road Tour
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »

Harley Bikes are unique, A Harley is it's own and always will be. Every time i look at a Victory,, I see four Japanese bikes molded into one, IMO Victory has borrowed aesthetically from Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki & Kawasaki. And then Arlen Ness screwed it all up..  :P

Sorry, but Arlen Ness didn't design Victory motorcycles. Since the Vegas models, they have been designed my Michael Song. This is the Victory design deparment in a nutshell:

Ness talking about Victory and Harley:

Line Workers:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:15:47 PM by Half_Crazy »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »

Just enjoyed reading this thread, thanks to everyone that contributed. I have two cvo's, very happy with both of them still trying to get the two to my finished goals of personalization. I know I will never part with either and haven't seen anything Harley offers that makes me want to trade up (sorry if you don't agree, just my opinion).

I looked at the Cory Ness limited edition (first year) just before I purchased my 05 sefb and found it to be nice maybe comparing to a cvo deuce but just didn't seem refined enough to me to be the bike I wanted. I have owned Polaris snowmobiles, have been to the factory in Roseau and totally believe in what they stand for! Don't know if another bike is in my future and if I want to commit to the additional money pit but am impressed with how far they have come and have to take my hat off to where they are today. I don't have a hard on for HD I just don't like the direction they are heading these days  (hope they read and understand this).

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »

Sorry, but Arlen Ness didn't design Victory motorcycles. Since the Vegas models, they have been designed my Michael Song. This is the Victory design deparment in a nutshell:

Ness talking about Victory and Harley:

Line Workers:

Not even going to bother to explain this one.  :bigcry:

[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:49:54 AM by cvobiker »

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »

Granted this is a Harley oriented site, it's great to see some conversation on things other than Harley.  It's true that Polaris Industries will give the MoCo some healthy competition as they have just recently purchased Indian Motorcycle Company.  With the production capabilities and knowledge of motorsports, if there were a company that could turn Indian towards profitability, it would be Polaris.  They have vowed never to mix Victory and Indian, but guarantee there won't be overlap and parts interchangeability between the two.  With those production capabilities, Indians will be priced to compete with comparable Harley's...and if you ask me, those Chief fenders are bada**.  (One of the owners of Rochester Harley-Davidson where I used to work had a Black Heritage Softail we put Genuine Indian Chief Fenders on.  It was the most gorgeous custom bike I ever saw roll out of the shop besides the Cycle Visions Road Rod they did after I left.)

Half_Crazy

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »

if there were a company that could turn Indian towards profitability, it would be Polaris.

I'm excited at the prospect of Indian motorcycles becoming a major player again. Can't wait to see what Polaris does with this.

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »

I am on my way to trade my FLTRUSE>>>>>>>>>NAAAAAAAAHHH

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »

Can you imagine a transformed Polaris Indian with that big tall ugly Victory engine stuck in it.   :puke:

Half_Crazy

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »

Something like this with a powerful/reliable/smooth engine, good suspension, a competent chassis, and good brakes... priced in the low 20s... I'd be all over it.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 11:34:20 AM »

I,d have to take 50% of the front fender and make a windshield out of it
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:58 AM »

I'm tired of repairing shoddy quality garbage on my CVO, I have a buddy who has a 2009 8ball and I rode it the day he got it... absolutely without hesitation the fastest production V-twin I have ever ridden.

Last time the radio went on my bike (fourth time now) I shined it up and went over to the Victory dealer to see what he'd give me for mine... while he looked it over I took a 2011 Cross Roads out for a ride.

Ride was disappointing, the motor was crap comared to my buddy's... not sure why. I noticed a huge issue with turbulence off the fairing, switches looked cheap, and it sounded like a sewing machine.

If it had been even close to what I had experienced before I would have bought it that day, maybe the 12's will be different?

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »

Perhaps I'm just a lover of everything nostalgic or fresh looking and off the beaten path.  I think the look of the Victory touring bikes are fresh, crazy, somewhat space aged, and different and that appeals to me.  My favorite Harley look-wise has got to be the discontinued FLSTS as there's just something about the springer fork, different front fender supports, chrome rail around the seat, etc.  I also love the Indian Chief fenders as they are paying hommage to the old days.  Then again, I also thought the indented tank and huge springer front fork that went through the fender on an Excelsior Henderson were sweet too.  Those bikes didn't sell well, so perhaps my taste is askew. 

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 02:55:35 PM »

Oh, and just another slightly off topic thing about Polaris Industries: At about the same time they acquired Indian Motorcycles, they also acquired GEM Electric vehicles from Chrysler.  Just thought I should throw that in there too.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 06:01:54 PM »

Something like this with a powerful/reliable/smooth engine, good suspension, a competent chassis, and good brakes... priced in the low 20s... I'd be all over it.

There you have a Custom Chrome Catalog special.... If you want one so bad,, pull out the CC catalog and order away..   :2vrolijk_21:

Half_Crazy

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »

There you have a Custom Chrome Catalog special.... If you want one so bad,, pull out the CC catalog and order away..   :2vrolijk_21:

That's exactly what Polaris will fix, no more catalog bikes with Indian logos on them. No more novelty bikes, but bikes made to ride. Give polaris a couple of years to get this sorted out and watch what happens. Those guys don't play. They built a motorcycle line from a blank sheet of paper and became a contender in the American motorcycle market in only 12 years. Going from "We don't build motorcycles" to "We build world-class motorcycles" in such a short time is quite a feat.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

I took a 2011 Cross Roads out for a ride.

Ride was disappointing, the motor was crap comared to my buddy's... not sure why. I noticed a huge issue with turbulence off the fairing, switches looked cheap, and it sounded like a sewing machine.

Murph, lot of times the grass appears greener on the other side of the street.
When you get there you find there are weeds in that grass also.
None of them are without issue, the internet shows that.

:nervous:       :nervous:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.