Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: With a Victory thur Sibiria  (Read 4735 times)

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
Re: With a Victory thur Sibiria
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:06:33 AM »

Nice!  We need a translator  though

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 06:03:23 AM »

Very Nice !!!!
DND

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 01:07:23 PM »

What crime against the state did you commit to be banished there?   ::)
Jesus is Lord

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »

GOOGLE-TRANSLATION

Crazy! The mere 14.4 thousand kilometers from the Bern Parliament Square to Russky cable-stayed bridge in Vladivostok are a challenge in the winter. Urs Pedraita alias Grisu Grizzly not mastered the over large parts of snowy range at temperatures of up to minus 37 degrees but about a off-road enduro machine and a huge accompanying entourage , but all alone with a 1700 cc Cruiser Victory Cross Country ! After exactly 37 days , 7 hours and 41 minutes of Zurich adventurers had reached his goal in Vladivostok - and thus crosses the first man alone on two wheels in the winter the Siberian taiga. Before Urs Pedraita goes after his return to Switzerland to Swiss- Moto, he made for an exclusive interview with the Sunday view maintenance .

Why did you choose just a comfortable cruiser for your adventure?
Urs Pedraita : (grins ) I like to hold mags snug . Fun aside. On the one hand , this was of course a special challenge. On the other hand, played a crucial role , that of the 1.7 -liter engine of the Victory Cross Country in concept is a car engine , and can therefore go repaired by any mechanic.

Were you on the go rely on such help ?
Luckily only once. When I around 100 kilometers off Novisibirsk a Simmering broke the switch housing and the engine lost oil. A trucker helped further and in the city I was able to fix the defect.

What changed for the Winter Marathon from your machine ?
Almost nothing . Except knobby tires and spikes - and therefore special rims - everything was original . Of course, I treated myself to a handle and heated seats.

However, you sat on the cold?
Yes , cold and loneliness. I did have luck with the weather and drove for around 9000 miles on snow and ice, mostly before the snow storms ago . However, were the good 2200 km through the loneliness of the Siberian taiga , where every year hundreds of people freeze to death , very brutal.

One encounters as well as to his physical limitations?
At the physical and the mental . I had a few times fear and would have given up the most. Only : Simply no time I could not even yes . And so I just bit me through . Fortunately, I had almost always cell phone reception . And if you suddenly ausmachst after ten hours , lonely journey at minus 37 degrees with a leaky helmet and frostbite at the head in the dark , a light of a primitive hut , you does that happen as the paradise on earth. I learned to appreciate the helpfulness of the locals and the few truckers who were also on the lonely road traveling . Although hardly anyone speaks English, I received everywhere support.

How can I protect myself on the Putt against the Siberian cold ?
Not with normal bike-clothing . I chose an arctic , alpine equipment , and carried in the taiga up to seven layers one above the other . Nevertheless, I tried on the motorbike while driving hard to move , so as to store some heat .

Have you been on the road never stopped ?
However , often . The army stopped me each to admire my motorbike in the first place. The police , however, always wanted to see my documents and then atone me a trifle for anything . I then answered each , I 'm going to the buses paid directly to Putin - then they let me draw mostly unmolested. Each stop meant for me but again a renewed push cold and was therefore uncomfortable.

At the destination you were but a hero's welcome .
Right. Since practically every Russian carries a Go- Pro camera in the car, so he can prove in case of any accident to the insurance against his innocence , suddenly many movies circulated by me on Youtube . And this in turn made ​​the Russian media attention to me. There was a real hype. Upon my arrival in Vladivostok , the people standing on the roadside trellis and cheered me. That was very special.

Now you are back, and from Thursday to Sunday at the Swiss- Moto again . Then start your next adventure ?
Yes , I want to create the fastest circumnavigation of the earth and beat the Nick Sanders prepared with a Yamaha R1 world record of 19 days and 3 hours. The planning is already in full swing and of course the just successfully completed adventure help us much , since this stage determines a key passage is .

What costs such adventures ?
Now that I have a larger team in the back, more budget and sponsors are needed. The Siberia - project cost all in all around CHF 10 000 . The new challenge is likely a six-figure sum to devour .

When and with what bike you go wrong?
I want 1 August 2014 start . When bike nothing is decided yet . Why does not the U.S. tuner reinforced with a Victory ?
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 10:30:11 AM »

What a trip. I have ridden in snow and hit ice before did not like it. My trip was 50 miles and it took me a week to warm up. Cannot imagine the trip through Siberia.  :nervous:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:46 PM »

WOW! Can't wrap my head around doing that adventure in the snow and ice and cold. Gives new meaning to the term "butt pucker."
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.