Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Wild Hogs, The Movie  (Read 7396 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Wild Hogs, The Movie
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 11:57:14 PM »

It's not even playing here in Beaufort. I have to go all the way to Hilton Head, 45 miles away! :(

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 01:40:30 AM »

Travolta, is riding a, 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy®, he has great taste in bikes :2vrolijk_21:
that makes it a must see foe me  :pepper: :pepper:

Well Bandanagirl and I had a date night, :2vrolijk_21: not like the good ole days had dinner and went to the early movie have to we both will fall asleep. :huepfenlol2: Hey! I thought it was funny as hell kept us awake thru the whole movie, Yes Eagle 1 Travolta was riding an SE Fatboy, the only thing better would be if he was riding a :cherry: Cherry SEEG !! Good movie !!!

Don.........
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:44:49 AM by iselbulls »

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 09:14:56 AM »

Saw the movie last night and is awesome :2vrolijk_21: Bill Macy made the show. Very funny :2vrolijk_21:

By the way there are two threads running about this movie the other is in off topic.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 09:38:56 AM »

Saw it last night with a group of 10 other riders, most of which I have taken long trips with. We laughed our a$$es off.

When the GPS came out, our group really went nuts and all turned around to laugh looking at me, since I'm the route planner in our group. An unfortunate side-effect of the movie is that I may now be nicknamed Dudley.

Rating:  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 08:25:47 PM »

You know, you folks are friends and friends should be able to say what they feel, so I'm gonna say this and if anyone thinks I'm a bit off, then so be it.
  I've been riding for 40 years. In those 40 years, I've owned every kind of motorcycle imaginable. I've been an outlaw biker,President of one club and an officer in another.  I've been an officer and newsletter editor of a biker rights organization. I've built and sold custom bikes. I've ridden Atlantic to Pacific and back more times than I can remember and just about everywhere in between. I've ridden motorcycles in Hawaii, Japan, Mexico and Canada. I went to Sturgis my first time in 1985 and have been back 5 more times. Went to Daytona every year from 1984 to 1997. I went to Laconia every year from 1969 till I moved to California in 1998. I've had more fun, met more good people, shared more life, love and laughter than most people do in 6 lifetimes. And yet, nobody wants to make a movie about me or my life. I'm nobody's hero or screen idol. I'm just a broken down biker still doing his thing and tryin to figure out what it all means. So I guess it bugs me that an idiot like John Travolta who believes that the earth was colonized by aliens making 10 million or so by pretending to be a biker. Travolta puts all his time and money into aircraft, that's his thing. Also, I don't picture Bill Macey as the motorcycle type. Somehow I think Martin Lawrence is into other things and everyone knows Tim Allen is a car guy. They could have made this movie with Peter Fonda, Jay Leno, Mickey Jones and Will Smith ( I've heard he loves bikes)
     I'm with Roger on this one. It isn't about what $20 is to me so much as it's putting money into the whole Hollywood machine. Sometimes I stand on principals that don't mean anything to anyone but me. I understand that and accept whatever criticism I get from this post.

B B
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:29:38 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 08:34:05 PM »

You know, you folks are friends and friends should be able to say what they feel, so I'm gonna say this and if anyone thinks I'm a bit off, then so be it.
  I've been riding for 40 years. In those 40 years, I've owned every kind of motorcycle imaginable. I've been an outlaw biker, I've been an office and newsletter editor of a biker rights organization. I've built and sold custom bikes. I've ridden Atlantic to Pacific and back more times than I can remember and just about everywhere in between. I've ridden motorcycles in Hawaii, Japan, Mexico and Canada. I went to Sturgis my first time in 1985 and have been back 5 more times. Went to Daytona every year from 1984 to 1997. I went to Laconia every year from 1969 till I moved to California in 1998. I've had more fun, met more good people, shared more life, love and laughter than most people do in 6 lifetimes. And yet, nobody wants to make a movie about me or my life. I'm nobody's hero or screen idol. I'm just a broken down biker still doing his thing and tryin to figure out what it all means. So I guess it bugs me that an idiot like John Travolta who believes that the earth was colonized by aliens making 10 million or so by pretending to be a biker. Travolta puts all his time and money into aircraft, that's his thing. Also, I don't picture Bill Macey as the motorcycle type. Somehow I think Martin Lawrence is into other things and everyone knows Tim Allen is a car guy. They could have made this movie with Peter Fonda, Jay Leno, Mickey Jones and Will Smith ( I've heard he loves bikes)
     I'm with Roger on this one. It isn't about what $20 is to me so much as it's putting money into the whole Hollywood machine. Sometimes I stand on principals that don't mean anything to anyone but me. I understand that and accept whatever criticism I get from this post.

B B

Don't think you're a bit off at all B B! That's why I don't go to see those things. Looking at wannabe bikers making fun of my lifestyle doesn't exactly make me wanna run to a theater and support these flicks! You go back as far as me (Old Man). We've been saying this since the mid '90's, "Before they all used to hate us. Now they all wanna be like us!" Up until then they just hated us. I liked it better that way! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 09:34:59 PM »

Don't think you're a bit off at all B B! That's why I don't go to see those things. Looking at wannabe bikers making fun of my lifestyle doesn't exactly make me wanna run to a theater and support these flicks! You go back as far as me (Old Man). We've been saying this since the mid '90's, "Before they all used to hate us. Now they all wanna be like us!" Up until then they just hated us. I liked it better that way! ;) Hoist! 8)

What exactly makes a "wannabe biker" or a "Real Biker"

I'm assuming you're meaning "wannabe" as "RUB" or "Yuppie Biker"

Is a "real biker" a 1%r? That has his girl wear "Property Of" on her back?

All the old school "Real Bikers" I know won't buy the new Harley's

So who's buying them?? Real or Fake Bikers

This is very confusing to me, because I'm a motorcyclist that enjoys the sport, not the stereotypical image.  I don't need a vest or patch, I don't need to act like an adult adolescent when all my club buddies are present.

So I guess I'm not a "Real Biker", "RUB" or "Yuppie Biker"

I'm just happy to be a Real Motorcyclist.

The "Wannabe" & "Real Biker" moniker just needs an answer I guess. Is it in the wikipedia?     

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2007, 10:05:56 PM »

Anne and I rode the Ultra to the movie this afternoon...personally, the vulture stole the show for me...was pretty good and I even laughed out loud...was also the only bike in the lot...but what did that really mean...that I was stupid enough to waste two beautiful hours of sunshine in a theater...or that we did a little ridin' and a little entertainin' then a little more ridin' and then a few adult beverages at Curly's ...then a little more Ridin' home

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »

This is very confusing to me, because I'm a motorcyclist that enjoys the sport, not the stereotypical image.  I don't need a vest or patch, I don't need to act like an adult adolescent when all my club buddies are present.

The "Wannabe" & "Real Biker" moniker just needs an answer I guess. Is it in the wikipedia?     

It's pretty simple. People who ride and love to ride their motorcycles are bikers. Any kind of bike. Any kind of riding. Real Motorcyclist as you call it. Didn't mean to hit a sore spot Mark. I just get a little tired of seeing it be made Hollywood because it's popular now. OCC, goofy movies. My life's always involved riding motorcycles. Just having one won't make anyone a biker. Hoist! 8)

Why would anyone think I'm talking about anyone here. I find that everyone here loves their bikes and loves riding them, more than most. That's why I hang around here in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 10:12:39 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2007, 10:21:13 PM »

I'm nobody's hero
B B

Big "B"
I wouldn't bet the farm on that!
I know you to well!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 10:24:16 PM »

Mark,
       Not that anybody appointed me chief judge of all bikerdom, and not that I imagine you give a damn what anybody thinks, but in my book, you're a biker. I've seen you ride dude and ride you can - - - - with anybody I've ever ridden with. In my book, that makes you a biker. All the rest is just the pre-game. Either you can ride or you can't. If you can't, you're a never-gonna-be.

B B  

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »

Big "B"
I wouldn't bet the farm on that!
I know you to well!

:2vrolijk_21:

Once upon a time there were two little girls. A redhead first and then a little towhead. Daddy was their hero. They're all grown up now, but maybe he still is.

They sure tell me they love me pften enough.

Thanks Bro

B B

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 10:37:10 PM »

It's pretty simple. People who ride and love to ride their motorcycles are bikers. Any kind of bike. Any kind of riding. Real Motorcyclist as you call it. Didn't mean to hit a sore spot Mark. I just get a little tired of seeing it be made Hollywood because it's popular now. OCC, goofy movies. My life's always involved riding motorcycles. Just having one won't make anyone a biker. Hoist! 8)

Why would anyone think I'm talking about anyone here. I find that everyone here loves their bikes and loves riding them, more than most. That's why I hang around here in the first place.

Hey there Howie :2vrolijk_21:

I hope you didn't think I was attacking you, because I wasn't.

It was just a question that I've been looking for an answer for for many years. And you seemed to have answered it perfectly :)

I wasn't implying that you were talking about anybody here. I just read your post and it brought up some bigtime BS that I've gone through in the past. Nothing towards you at all. I was just looking for an answer from a guy that's been out there on the open road for a while.

So now I started a vote in the off topic thread, no harm intended whatsoever. Just looking for answers on the subject.

By the way...Congrat's on your world record 2.5k run :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Keep on postin' Bro :)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 10:49:46 PM »

Mark,
       Not that anybody appointed me chief judge of all bikerdom, and not that I imagine you give a damn what anybody thinks, but in my book, you're a biker. I've seen you ride dude and ride you can - - - - with anybody I've ever ridden with. In my book, that makes you a biker. All the rest is just the pre-game. Either you can ride or you can't. If you can't, you're a never-gonna-be.

B B  

Nobody has to appoint you chief judge of all bikerdome, because you ARE Cheif Judge of All Bikerdome :huepfenlol2:

Thanks for your compliments B B. I wasn't looking for an answer about me. And the post wasn't an attack in any way. Sorry it was taken that way. I was just looking for an answer for the real biker and wannabe debate. It's just that we & I have had some real issues with some club members that are a bunch of immature pussy ass pukes. Howie brought up the monikers so I just was looking for input. I started a thread about it in "other topics."

Take care,

Grover

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »

Hey there Howie :2vrolijk_21:

I hope you didn't think I was attacking you, because I wasn't.

It was just a question that I've been looking for an answer for for many years. And you seemed to have answered it perfectly :)

I wasn't implying that you were talking about anybody here. I just read your post and it brought up some bigtime BS that I've gone through in the past. Nothing towards you at all. I was just looking for an answer from a guy that's been out there on the open road for a while.

So now I started a vote in the off topic thread, no harm intended whatsoever. Just looking for answers on the subject.

By the way...Congrat's on your world record 2.5k run :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Keep on postin' Bro :)

Thanks for that Mark. I was just a little upset that you might have thought that was aimed at anyone in particular, and certainly no one here. I like everyone I interact with here and think this place has the most real people and real bikers anywhere. Those movies just get my goat a little. I'm happy you posted. I'd hate to think anyone here would be upset by that! Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.687 seconds with 21 queries.