Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Muffler  (Read 9520 times)

REGGAB

Re: Muffler
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 08:07:27 PM »

That sucks. :( :'( Only thing you can do is turn lemon into lemonade. Sounds like diamond cut and color (blue??) powdercoat would make things all better. ;)

If Kathy ever asks I'll deny mentioning this to you. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

That's what I like about you d00d.............always the optimist.  I, for one, think you could make a brownie out of a turd. ;D

hogasm

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 08:37:21 PM »

That sucks. :( :'( Only thing you can do is turn lemon into lemonade. Sounds like diamond cut and color (blue??) powdercoat would make things all better. ;)

If Kathy ever asks I'll deny mentioning this to you. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Already in the planning :2vrolijk_21:

and I got the ok
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:55:04 PM by hogasm »

HarlyFan

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »

If the Easy Off is used JUST ON THE SPOT you will have NO problems except the spot will be gone. Meant for a hot exhaust pipe not an engine part. Think about the inside of an oven which it is designed for it is teflon coated similar to the chrome coating on the pipes its a sealed surface unlike the engine  :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 09:12:15 PM »

Already in the planning :2vrolijk_21:

and I got the ok
Sounds good, can't wait to see the end product.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 05:07:05 PM »

I'd like to "partially" recant my statements in post #11 this thread.  Twice now I've used SOS pads on my right muffler to remove burned on oil.  It does get the burned on oil off, and it looks good when the job is done.  I still believe chrome is coming off in the process, but since Thumper's exhaust system is winding down it's final days of service.............what the hell.  I don't care.  The oil came off, so I'm pleased.   :2vrolijk_21:

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »

road rub works great--just needs some elbow grease.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

IslandUltra

• IslandUltra
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 05:21:38 PM »

Just my 2-cents worth, Never Dull is a good product if used lightly.  Rub too hard with it and it will scratch the chrome.  Unfortunately I know from experience on my Rhineharts.  :oops:

stonecoldhd

• 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »

I've tried numerous cleaners and polishers to some pretty heavy boot burns.  Oven cleaner didn't work so well, acetone nothing, chrome polish nothing.  Rub long enough and it dulls the chrome.  Found another site that mentioned a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Sprite-Zero? to clean a burnt on plastic bag.  I'm guessing sprite zero cause it has citric acid?  Said they rubbed on it for a couple hours.  I'd rather be riding! Still not the secret home remedy.  Many people as well as the dealer suggested the Road Rub, haven't tried it but sound like it might work well also.

As far as the Magic Eraser, I used this with some carburetor cleaner, and the boot marks were off in a matter of 5 minutes or less.  After everything I've tried, I'd recommend this one.  About $1 a piece for the magic eraser, and always a can or two of carb cleaner around.  Highly recommended! :mango:

Wish I could find a nice chrome boot guard for the smaller aileron swept footboards for passenger and driver.  Most all I've seen only fit the standard footboards.

FYI, hope this helps!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.