Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cleaning under the side covers???  (Read 5331 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Cleaning under the side covers???
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 06:10:31 AM »

funny site

I got a kick out of the butt dyno

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, 06:22:21 PM »

Wash under side covers just like EVERY other part of the bike, do rinse with shower nozzle vs pressure then blow and dry normally. Did you ever ride in the rain? A few years ago we rode 480 miles in a downpour, water literally ran out of the side covers when we stopped. When I cleaned it that time I blew everything out dryed it and sprayed a little radio shack contact cleaner/lube in the connectors and rode on. Have over a 100K with no problems from side cover cleanliness.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »

Wash under side covers just like EVERY other part of the bike, do rinse with shower nozzle vs pressure then blow and dry normally. Did you ever ride in the rain? A few years ago we rode 480 miles in a downpour, water literally ran out of the side covers when we stopped. When I cleaned it that time I blew everything out dryed it and sprayed a little radio shack contact cleaner/lube in the connectors and rode on. Have over a 100K with no problems from side cover cleanliness.
hey DW, you got over 100k miles on the Cherry?   :2vrolijk_21: :nixweiss: :cherry: :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 07:08:03 AM »

I always wash behind those covers when I do a "Bags off" cleaning, I use a paint brush and just go to town on it. You'd be surprised how well a paint brush works on a scoot. The bike is suppose to be waterproof and until proven otherwise I try to keep mine clean after a good run.
Harley is responsible for the water tightness of these bikes during the warranty period.....let them worry about it.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

lee champion

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 09:16:36 AM »

OK that does it! Going to leave work and go home and "detail" my serk! All ya'lls fault if i get terminated! Already one stolen grocery cart away from homeless with 3 kids at auburn
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.