Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wenol Polish  (Read 1385 times)

jemattingly

• Junior CVO Member
Wenol Polish
« on: December 20, 2010, 03:53:46 PM »

I am about to hit everything shiny on the SERK with wenol.  Is there anything I need to know about this stuff?  I have never used it.  My real concern is can I do damage to anything hitting it with a buffer or is anything coated (wheels, etc.) that won't do well with it?

Thanks,

Eric

Volski

Re: Wenol Polish
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »

We used to use that stuff to polish aluminum parts on our hot rods years ago. Seemed to work very well. As far as anything being coated on your bike, it just depends on what part it is. If you don't have chromed lower legs on your frontend, good chance they are clear anodized. Engine aluminum is usually bare, so polish away.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Wenol Polish
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:50:03 AM »

Stuff will dry your hands out pretty quick. Wear some latex gloves and polish away. It's made for all bare metals and chrome so don't worry about apply to such. Because of the cleaning agents, I would keep it away from any painted parts and surfaces. As far as buffing, just make sure you don't overheat the are of application, in fact you shouldn't need a buffer, this stuff works great with normal 'elbow grease'
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:52:08 AM by cvobiker »

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 24 queries.