Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: How long does Glare last?  (Read 8782 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: How long does Glare last?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:27 PM »

Holy crap!  I guess I need more bikes/cars/trucks!  I'm still on my first bottle, ever, and probably got half of it left, easy!

4 Harley's
2 scooters
1 haulmark 7X14 trailer
1 n-line trailer
1 4dr powerstroke
1 mustang
1 mercury
1 John Deere
Jim's bike, twice
Scott's bike
Jeff's Candy Brandy

the bikes are waxed once a month (or more)
the 4 wheel vehicles once a month (or less)
Tommy is my hero!

Feeding the Glare habit isn't easy.
"What can shine, will shine!"

SBB

edited to add Jeff's bike
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:06:26 AM by SBB »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »

4 Harley's
2 scooters
1 haulmark 7X14 trailer
1 n-line trailer
1 4dr powerstroke
1 mustang
1 mercury
1 John Deere
Jim's bike, twice
Scott's Sheila's bike

the bikes are waxed once a month (or more)
the 4 wheel vehicles once a month (or less)
Tommy is my hero!

Feeding the Glare habit isn't easy.
"What can shine, will shine!"

SBB

Edited for accuracy...   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 12:32:50 AM »

Edited for accuracy...   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

Forgot a Candy Brandy he did also!

JW

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:02 AM »

2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Glarepro

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 03:10:47 PM »

GLARE protects your paint from UV Ray disoloration, and air oxidation, as well as other air-borne contaminants for up to 5 years max.  8)

The reason why it is able to outlast wax for such a long period of time is because of the active ingredient, Glassplexin, which is a negatively charged silicate ionic compound.
Glassplexin (exclusive to GLARE) is the only active compound being used in detailing products that covalently bonds to paint and clear-coat, and literally alters the molecular structure of the paint.
The newly formed "Super Paint" is now a hybrid substance of both the original paint and glass.  GLARE actually transforms the paint or clear-coat into a Glass/paint hybrid element.  Because of this, you will get a wet look, but unlike a resinous wax or polymer product, its actually a dry shine.  You are literally putting a sheet of glass over your paint, and that is why the gloss is so deep, and why it wont smear, haze, wash off, or melt.  GLARE has a melting point of 650 degs F.  Wax melts at 90 degs F, and polymers at 180 degs F.  Shoot a temperature gun at black paint at noon in the summer time. You will get a temperature reading in excess of 200 degs F.  From a chemical standpoint, no other product works like GLARE.  That is why GLARE wont wash off, melt off, and can be used on exhaust pipes, and is able to last on your paint for such a long time. Oh and here is another interesting fact on GLARE.  With wax, you have to remove the previous coat before applying another coat of wax, otherwise you get "wax buildup" which makes the finish look milky and cloudy.  With GLARE, you can apply GLARE coat over GLARE coat over GLARE coat as many times as you wish (it is reccomended however that you should wait at least 3 weeks in-between coats) and the finish will only get deeper glossier and clearer with every single applied coat, and you dont have to worry about removing the previous coat.  Its the total opposite of wax and polymer products which only temporarily mask scratches. GLARE is a permanent solution to the problems faced by daily riders concerning their paint and other materials on their bikes and cars for that matter.  :2vrolijk_21:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 03:15:37 PM »

It is also a little known fact that NASA uses Glare to polish and protect the Space Shuttle Tiles to reduce both friction and heat upon re-entry to the Earth's atmosphere.  It penetrates the molecular structure of the ceramic to ward off damage to the surface of the tiles, but unfortunately does nothing to keep them from coming unglued.  It also makes the Shuttle more visible to the naked eye while in orbit...however, the best thing it does for the Shuttle is help the maintenance guys get all the friggin' Love Bugs off the front and bottom of the Shuttle when it lands in Florida...
Yeah Discovery landed today , No luv bugs!!!!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

captdave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson SESG
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »

GLARE is a permanent solution to the problems faced by daily riders concerning their paint and other materials on their bikes and cars for that matter.  :2vrolijk_21:

Mr Glarepro:

Thanks for your insight.  I've just used Glare for the first time.  One thing I'm having trouble with is cleaning my machine polisher foam pads after use.  I've tried soaking/hand washing them in a bucket of water with "Snappy Clean" foam pad cleaning powder, but it's not dissolving or cutting the polish.

Any ideas?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:16:29 PM by captdave »

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 10:31:24 PM »

Just give it five years and it may have wore itself off the pad by then!

Glarepro

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »

You can wash them with some GLARE ULTRA WASH and a soft brush in a bucket of warm water.
That will do the trick. Or if you dont have GLARE ULTRA WASH you can use a liquid dish soap detergent, but liquid dish soap tends to wear the pads out a little
quicker because it is a harsher detergent.  Oh, on a side note, foam buffing pads tend to work even better after they have been broken in after a few uses. Just make sure to keep them clean and free of dirt and debris.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:32:05 PM by Glarepro »

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 01:59:25 PM »

:cherry:

I've never tried this Glare product and my curiousity is peaked.   Where can I order some up to try and are there multiple products involved or what :confused5:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 02:06:19 PM »

I've never tried this Glare product and my curiousity is peaked.   Where can I order some up to try and are there multiple products involved or what :confused5:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=60168.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 04:30:52 PM »

If your paint is now in perfect condition, meaning no swirl marks from washing, no scratches, etc, you can get by with just the Glare Pro Polish.  If you do have swirls or scratches, or anticipate them in the future (you will get some eventually), then I'd get one of their "kits" which contains the Micro Finish, Spyder, and Pro Polish.  I also like their wash product as well, and their tire/wheel cleaner.  I also use their leather care products on my seat and backrest.

It's good chit...once you use this, you'll never use anything else and can throw all the various other products you have in the trash.  I have tried virtually everything out there (I used to have a 19' Black Bass Boat), and this stuff is the BEST, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »

It's little known to history because Josephus' account is so discounted and seemingly incomplete.  But Herod had the floors of Masada covered in Glare well before the Sicarii took the place over.  Then when archeologists began uncovering the site in 1963 they still all went blind from the shine.  That's some good chit.

How long does the shine on your head last after using Glare? 

captdave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson SESG
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »

If you do have swirls or scratches, or anticipate them in the future (you will get some eventually), then I'd get one of their "kits" which contains the Micro Finish, Spyder, and Pro Polish.  

I just did the first two steps on my NEW '11 Black Diamond/Crimson FLHXSE fairing.  It had some light scratches and swirls from the dealer taking the fairing off and on a few times during pre-delivery and some later mods I had done.  After claying (to remove any existing polish/wax from the factory/dealer), I used Glare Knockout with a yellow "Buff and Shine"  foam machine pad (on a DA polisher) which got out most all but a few deeper almost non-noticable scratches.  Followed with the recommended 2 steps of Glare Spyder which filled those in, and this fairing is absoulutely beautiful already!  Black has a lot of depth and the reds really pop.  Going to follow with the last Pro Polish steps in a few days.  Time consuming, but GOOD CHIT!

My point is get some Glare Knockout and use on a medium-aggressive foam pad to get scratches out - even light ones caused by handling.  The Glare Micro or Spyder may not be aggressive enough to get them out, or you may have to go over more times with those products.  From my experience today, I may not order more Micro from now on.  Just don't see the need.

Dave
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:54:43 PM by captdave »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 10:54:26 AM »

How long does the shine on your head last after using Glare? 

It's really not a question of duration of the shine.  It is the quality that is most admired by many.  But since I am already blessed with emanating the angelic glow that warms the souls of most of mankind Glare would simply be redundant.  I'm sorry you were in the shade :huepfenlol2: .
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.581 seconds with 21 queries.