Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Glare Glare Glare  (Read 9536 times)

hooligan

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 09 XB12X Buell Ulysses
    • CVO3: 05 XL883C
Glare Glare Glare
« on: June 04, 2011, 01:19:09 PM »

You guys have got my attention  :) I have read all the posts and am finally going to try it.. I've always use Mcguires products with good sucess but want more..I was on their web site and the product combinations are confusing  :nixweiss:
What is the best Glare Kit to buy /(I wan't to try it on my boat as well)

Thanks in Advance
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:21:48 PM by hooligan »
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me

Razor Red
SE Heavy Breather
V & H Slip ons
Power Commander 3 usb
Diamond cut Cylinders and Heads
True Track
Chrome Inner Primary & Tons of Chrome

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Glare Glare Glare
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »

You guys have got my attention  :) I have read all the posts and am finally going to try it.. I've always use Mcguires products with good sucess but want more..I was on their web site and the product combinations are confusing  :nixweiss:
What is the best Glare Kit to buy /(I wan't to try it on my boat as well)

Thanks in Advance
The polish is what you'll use the most....esp. if you're going to do a large surface like a boat.  Stuff's not cheap.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »

I assume you'll be slipping across the border to grab yours as well, let me know where you got it so I can go there too!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »

I assume you'll be slipping across the border to grab yours as well, let me know where you got it so I can go there too!
'glare-smuggling'.....a new occupation for the pirates amoung us  8)  har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:58:28 AM »

Well after all the hype I've read here but still with some doubt I found a local dealer & bought a bottle of Glare - $39.95 - wow this stuff better be good for that kind of $$ - followed the instruction to the letter & what was the result…………….without a doubt I'm converted - I didn't say a thing to my wife about polishing the girl with the new nectar - but she walked into the garage & said 'what have you done to your bike? - why love? - 'did you wash it or something as I've never seen it look so bright - even better than when you brought it home new'

The SG (which I had always kept fastidiously clean) has a new lustre that it has never had before - It really is a shock to stand back & notice the difference - almost a shame to put the bike cover back on.

So there you have it - another happy Glare ambassador.

"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:52 AM »

I've never seen it look so bright - even better than when you brought it home new'

The SG (which I had always kept fastidiously clean) has a new lustre that it has never had before - It really is a shock to stand back & notice the difference - almost a shame to put the bike cover back on.

So there you have it - another happy Glare ambassador.

It is expensive.  But, it will put a smile on your face and.......it lasts longer than any wax I've ever used.  :drink: Ride safe.  spyder

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »

The stuff is insane.  I traded my wife's car for something newer, but used, a week ago.  Only 6,000 miles on it, but some people can really beat the pi$$ out of stuff in a very short time.  There were some scratches in the hood that I thought I'd have to live with, but 2 applications of Micro Finish with the orbital last night proved otherwise.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33:14 AM »

Get some Spyder too, it takes the scratches and blemished out of the clear coat real nice for the polish to do its magic. Doc

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:48 PM »

Oh, I know all about the Spider and it's next.  I told the wife to come out and look because I couldn't believe my eyes and then told her, "... and I'm not even done yet!" :coolblue:

TwoToes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Street Glide Black
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »

OK, so do you have to apply glare after every wash or does it last for a few washes before needed to be re-applied?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 02:33:44 PM »

OK, so do you have to apply glare after every wash or does it last for a few washes before needed to be re-applied?
I guess it depends on the type of soap/detergent that you use.....I use the glare wash now and I only re-apply the glare polish after many washings.  spyder

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 02:45:48 PM »

What is the Spyder..?
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »

Spyder is the least abrasive of the polishes.  It's the one you use right before the polish. 
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:09 PM »

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

Probably, if you use something like Dawn dishwashing liquid, it would strip most anything off the paint.  But, if you use a quality wash product, the Glare won't be removed from normal washing.  It's not like wax.

The Glare wash is really good stuff.  I used my bottle up, so ordered some of this stuff while I was getting a couple of other products from them:  http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+washing/car+cleaners/car+wash%2C+16+ounces.do

It's really good stuff... the product description is dead on.  It's the most slippery feeling product I've ever used.  I washed my filthy white car with it, and was amazed at how it lifted the dirt/grime off with very little effort.  Their microfiber mitts are really nice too.  I used to think microfiber cloths were pretty much all the same until I ordered three of their Blue ones...there is a HUGE difference from any other cloths I own, and I've got a stack of 'em from various sources. Griot's stuff isn't cheap, but thus far, everything I've gotten from them has been the very best I've used.  Nobody can beat the Glare polishes though, IMO.  And it lasts much, much longer than any wax you've ever tried.  It really is like it goes down into the paint...sounds like snake oil, but it's for real.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2011, 10:20:01 AM »

I dont see how some of you guys can say Glare is the wonder magic wax.. I purchased a bottle last summer all set to experience the Magic Glare 'glow' you all brag about AND i tell ya,,,,, I honestly cant see a single difference between my favorite Mequiars Gold Class to Glare.. and i can even say the same between Glare, Pledge and even Fukken Wax.. Im just saying IMO Glare does no fancy for me   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:22:58 AM by cvobiker »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »

And every time I see a post like that ^^^ , I figure the person doesn't know what they're doing when they apply it.  Seriously, Pledge looks as good to you?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »

And every time I see a post like that ^^^ , I figure the person doesn't know what they're doing when they apply it.  Seriously, Pledge looks as good to you?

Brian, I can honestly say that from here his bike in Sacramento looks as good with Pledge as it does with Glare (or with "Fukken Wax" [wth is "Fukken Wax" {do I really want to know :nixweiss: ?}]).

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 02:00:36 PM »

Maybe it just doesn't show up as well on the pumpkins-O/B SEEG as with the other colors?  :-\  har.  8) spyder

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »

Sure made the plain ol' non-metallic orange on the 2000 SERG pop. :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »

Maybe it just doesn't show up as well on the pumpkins-O/B SEEG as with the other colors?  :-\  har.  8) spyder

It for sure looks better on darker colors, although the Red on my RG sure took to the Glare well.  If you don't do that initial "soaking in" coat, it makes a difference in how it looks when your done.  The Griot's 3" orbital sure made it easy work on the RG.  That's a handy little device!

:nixweiss:

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

It for sure looks better on darker colors, although the Red on my RG sure took to the Glare well.  If you don't do that initial "soaking in" coat, it makes a difference in how it looks when your done.  The Griot's 3" orbital sure made it easy work on the RG.  That's a handy little device!

:nixweiss:
I'm 'ole school' and figger that I don't need no stinkin' power equip. to use in cleaning/polishing a motorsickle.. :beatnik:..but, if you keep on about the 3" Griot's, I may just have to give in.  When are they gonna have another 'sale'?  :deal2: har.  spyder

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »

I'm 'ole school' and figger that I don't need no stinkin' power equip. to use in cleaning/polishing a motorsickle.. :beatnik:..but, if you keep on about the 3" Griot's, I may just have to give in.  When are they gonna have another 'sale'?  :deal2: har.  spyder
It works very good
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 03:02:07 PM »

They've got free shipping all summer, but I'll keep an eye out for any additional special deals...they send me e-mails promoting stuff at least once a week.  They have some good chit.  I'll post a link if something comes up.

I've bought so many OCD items, I'm on their list... :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »

It works very good
Dangit.....not you too ... :nervous:.....  larryB's giving Amen's.  :devil: har.  spyder

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »

Sure made the plain ol' non-metallic orange on the 2000 SERG pop. :nixweiss:

But it's so damn much work.......   

The Honda spray polish looks good too and I can do a whole bike in less than 15 minutes.  When you're old, fat and lazy that's an important difference :drink: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »

But it's so damn much work.......   

The Honda spray polish looks good too and I can do a whole bike in less than 15 minutes.  When you're old, fat and lazy that's an important difference :drink: .
That's exactly why I use it on the wife's black car. Buying it by the case now.   :D har.  spyder

mhammo

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 05:04:22 PM »

Just wanted to say I used the Glare kit over the weekend and all I can say is WOW!  This stuff is amazing!!!

The bike's paint now looks brand new, literally like it was just painted. I had a lot of spyder webbing in the black paint and now it's all gone! It's like a mirror looking into this thing. Really great product that delivers what Glare says....which is rare these days.

The before pic

mhammo

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »

And now the after pic....

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »

You can get the same results with Pledge. :nixweiss: ;) :huepfenlol2:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »

mhammo, great 'before' and 'after' pics of the Glare spiderwebbing/removal.  I hope no one believed 103tHunDer's tongue in cheek comparison to that bee-attracting furniture polish, but......ya never know.  Which Glare products did you use, the knock-out, spider, and polish?  Or others?  spyder

mhammo

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »

mhammo, great 'before' and 'after' pics of the Glare spiderwebbing/removal.  I hope no one believed 103tHunDer's tongue in cheek comparison to that bee-attracting furniture polish, but......ya never know. Which Glare products did you use, the knock-out, spider, and polish?  Or others?  spyder

Yeah, I thought about using Pledge....but the wife unit used it all up :)

I did the 4 step process with Knock-Out, Micro-Polish, Spyder, then the 2 coats of Professional.  Literally not a single "spyder" web or scratch can be seen. As you can see in the pics the black paint is now basically a mirror. I am usually a skeptic but this stuff rocks!

I used it on the chrome as well and it shines as good as the paint does and even removed the carbon and discoloration from the end cap.

MH

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »

Im finding it easier to let the bike gain a patina of age...once a certain level of grime is on the bike, its hard to tell if it gets any dirtier.

This is why silver bikes rule...jussayinzall.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »

Im finding it easier to let the bike gain a patina of age...once a certain level of grime is on the bike, its hard to tell if it gets any dirtier.

This is why silver bikes rule...jussayinzall.
When it starts getting the amber haze in the silver in places, that's the Florida imposed 'rust' starting to bleed thru.....(as in my '72 Bug)....that's how I know. ;)  har.  spyder

hogasm

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 07:25:08 PM »

Spydy when are you going to open up the I-95 "Glare Product Proper Application Center"

I will be one of your first school applicants....with a Federal grant of course :huepfenlol2:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:18 PM »

Spydy when are you going to open up the I-95 "Glare Product Proper Application Center"

I will be one of your first school applicants....with a Federal grant of course :huepfenlol2:
Can you still get a Federal Grant?  Thought the Feds were 'busted'.  :nervous: har.  spyder

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »

I'll change my name to Jesus, claim to be illegal, and swear that I am broke.......no problems :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 21 queries.