CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Fullsac vs D&D Boss Fat Cat

(1/8) > >>

joejoebobo:
Lots of info out there but wanted to see if anyone has experienced both the Fullsac DX Pipe and/or was able to compare it to D&Ds Boss Fat Cat.

The only mod to my 2010 CVO SG was adding V&H's High Output mufflers.

I like the look of the beefier mufflers so if I went the Fullsac route, I'd keep the V&H mufflers and add on the TSS tuner.

Going the Fat Cat route would change the look, possibly increase performance... I'd still need a tuner but could sell the V&H mufflers for some change.

In the end, the price would be close with the Fat Cats being just a few bucks more... Any thoughts suggestions comments would greatly be appreciated. SF

fastfreddy:
    THIS VID SHOULD HELP

fastfreddy:

--- Quote from: joejoebobo on December 09, 2019, 05:40:25 PM ---Lots of info out there but wanted to see if anyone has experienced both the Fullsac DX Pipe and/or was able to compare it to D&Ds Boss Fat Cat.

I like the look of the beefier mufflers so if I went the Fullsac route, I'd keep the V&H mufflers and add on the TSS tuner.

Going the Fat Cat route would change the look, possibly increase performance... I'd still need a tuner but could sell the V&H mufflers for some change.

In the end, the price would be close with the Fat Cats being just a few bucks more... Any thoughts suggestions comments would greatly be appreciated. SF

--- End quote ---
   BOTH these pipes are used in this cam test a lot of good info

Doc 1:

--- Quote from: joejoebobo on December 09, 2019, 05:40:25 PM ---Lots of info out there but wanted to see if anyone has experienced both the Fullsac DX Pipe and/or was able to compare it to D&Ds Boss Fat Cat.

--- End quote ---

The Fullsac header will out perform the FatCat in the lower rpms.....if you add cams with a considerable amount of over lap the Fullsac will win over the Fat Cat again.
Doc

joejoebobo:
Thanks FF, this is a great video. I remember watching it a few months back. But just watched it again - carefully with a better understanding. Funny how well the 2:1:2 compares to a 2:1. I'm not ready to upgrade my cams yet (when I'm ready - something like the Comp Cam 246A looks promising). If I decided to go with the Fullsac header, would I lose or gain anything HP/TQ/Sound keeping the V&H High Output mufflers compared to a stock CVO muffler with Fullsac's High Flow Power Core baffles? Not only am I looking for more low end torch, but a much more aggressive sound as well.

Thanks for the input Doc!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version