Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Glare Rapid Action Spray  (Read 7327 times)

Bagger

Glare Rapid Action Spray
« on: February 25, 2007, 10:27:08 PM »

A while back when I mentioned I'd received my shipment of Glare products, Someone asked me to post my experience with Glare Rapid Action Spray (GRAS).  I used this stuff today.  My thought was to use it as a "quick detailer," but I'm not so sure it works like other quick detailers such as Harley Spray Polish and S100 Spray.  I sprayed it on a microfiber, and it looked like it had the consistency of cake icing.  It goes on just exactly like the Glare Pro Polish, and comes of the same as well.  Although it leaves a beautiful surface, it requires more elbow grease than a quick detailer.  I like it, and I'll keep using it, but I think the word "quick" needs to be removed from the thought process.  In between washing cleaning (AKA: whore baths) are gonna take a little longer now, but the results are worth it.  It is imperative that the bike be sprayed off with water before using this stuff in order to remove dirt, dust and grime.  Unlike SAHARA, it will not float the grime away.  It would be best to wash with your favorite wash instead of simply spraying it off.  That way you know the grime is gone.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:48:10 PM by Bagger »

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Glare Rapid Action Spray
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »

I like "Pig Snot". Spray on and wipe off. Fast and easy. Hate being a slave to cleaning. :)
Ron

Bagger

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 10:02:11 PM »

I like "Pig Snot". Spray on and wipe off. Fast and easy. Hate being a slave to cleaning. :)

Neither do I..........so I plan it...........that way I'm prepared.  Besides, it is a great time to really LOOK at the bike and see the condition of everything............and thin out my beer supply. :huepfenjump3:

Sgt072

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 10:26:38 PM »

Just received my Glare Rapid Action Spray,  I agree it is not as fast has Harley Spray but it leaves a hell of a shine.  I also used the Glare Polish the other day, this stuff was fantastic.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 10:28:43 PM »

Just received my Glare Rapid Action Spray,  I agree it is not as fast has Harley Spray but it leaves a hell of a shine.  I also used the Glare Polish the other day, this stuff was fantastic.

You guys are going to keep raving about all these "Glare" brand products and I'm going to end up buying some.  Will you please stop before I spend money!

Rhino

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 10:42:19 PM »

I used the glare on my bike, but prepped it carefully before using any of it.  Best to have you get off the old waxes, use a lot of S100, or even dawn, to get it squeaky. Then hand rub the first coat of glare in until it practically dissapears, and buff it with a microfiber and let it sit in the sun for an hour.

Then apply it like regualr wax for the second coat, and let it dry, and buff.  Make sure the surface is very clean. If not, anything on it will be covered and protected for years.

As far as the Rapid Action, I use it sparingly.  For the quick cleanup, I still like the Harley Gloss. Nothng make a shine l;ike that, but it doesnt last.  Thats what I take on the road, and leave the Rapid Action for the s100 bath after.   Damp cloth gets any bugs of, each gas stop I take a min to wipe em off, and with glare on it as a base, nothing will harm it.  It's pretty nice stuff, but I cannot emphasis that this will be an inportant point for prep.  Do it, take the time, and be amazed.

Rhino(yehprettyshinymostofthetimemakemefaster)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »

You guys are going to keep raving about all these "Glare" brand products and I'm going to end up buying some.  Will you please stop before I spend money!
I cant believe you dont have it already. I ordered some the other day. Free shipping, I got the Ultra Wash too. I get it as Honda Glare Professional Polish and Honda Glare Ultra Wash.  they have a license agreement with Honda. Its the same stuff though Heres the link http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/vtx/index2.asp?ID=711143811
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Rhino

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »

I does not take much, thats for sure.  The Glare Spray is a different product than the Harley Gloss.  It is a polymer that cannot be removed through ordinary means. It is similar to the base Glare.  But once you do the base, and then use the spray in between , it's not so bad becasue:  bugs come right off. So does most anything. No waxing ever after. 

I brought my wifes car in to a body shop the other day.  I had glared it. I forgot to tell them I had done so.  They prepped it and began spraying it.  It had fisheyes all over about a foot long.  They quickly wiped the paint off, with a rag. None of it would stick anyway.  Then they used another product that actually got the stuff off.  The glare is some special stuff. 

I inadverteently had a little spot of bug residue during the first prep on my bike, and the glare is now on top of it and I cant get to the bug splat. 

Using the spray is a little bit more effort, but not needed very often.  A rag with a little s100 on it and some water is all I need. I'll use the spray, but that is almost like a good detail job, not neccessary always or very often.

Rhino

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »

Rhino...have you tried their new product, Sahara?  It's a good compromise, as it contains a bit of the Ultra Wash, Pro, Leather...it's water based and can be used on ALL surfaces...leather and tire sidewalls included.  It really is a waterless cleaner that works.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rhino

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 11:41:12 PM »

Have not tried it, and have no opinion on it yet either.  Waterless seems prone to scratch, but again, I am being reserved about it for now.. Dealing with lovebugs now, warm water works, ...would Sahara?

Rhino

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 11:33:53 AM »

Have not tried it, and have no opinion on it yet either.  Waterless seems prone to scratch, but again, I am being reserved about it for now.. Dealing with lovebugs now, warm water works, ...would Sahara?

Rhino

I'm not sure anything works on the lovebugs, but you've got the best protection for the paint on there already.  The Sahara works well on the normal bugs I get up here in Alabama, but the lovebugs stay well south of my location, thank God.  I have used the Sahara several times and have not noticed any scratches being produced by the product, but I would not use anything but soap and water with serious road grime...like from riding in the rain.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

Like I mentioned before, this stuff works great, but it is by no means quick.  It serves the purpose of touching up between Pro Polish applications.  The bike gleams when I'm finished with it.  It looks like I could jump into it.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 06:44:22 PM »

Neither do I..........so I plan it...........that way I'm prepared.  Besides, it is a great time to really LOOK at the bike and see the condition of everything............and thin out my beer supply. :huepfenjump3:

I really like your plan ....  ;D :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »

I really like your plan ....  ;D :2vrolijk_21:

LOL!  Works good!  Lasts a long time!  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.