Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Question For You Glare Experts?  (Read 12805 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Question For You Glare Experts?
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »

No need to de-wax as with some other polishes I've read about, but you may want to use a clay bar first to remove any contaminants stuck on the paint or chrome surface.  Mother's makes a decent clay bar that is easily found at retail outlets and it comes with their spray detailer which is both used as a lubricant for the clay bar and is also great for quick touch-ups on top of the Glare.

And, Brian, doesn't Glare have the same thing?  That way, you'd hope that the chemicals would at least be compatible.   :-\spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »

Spyder, you talkin' about a quick detailer?  The closest thing Glare has to that is the Sahara, but to me, it's more like a spray wax, when it comes to how you have to apply and remove it, than a detailer.

I've used quite a few of the popular quick detailers on top of a Glared finish and they all seem to work as good or better than they did with some of the other waxes and polishes I'd been using before Glare.  Only difference is the great Glare shine that's left afterward now!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:05 PM »

Spyder, you talkin' about a quick detailer?  The closest thing Glare has to that is the Sahara, but to me, it's more like a spray wax, when it comes to how you have to apply and remove it, than a detailer.

I've used quite a few of the popular quick detailers on top of a Glared finish and they all seem to work as good or better than they did with some of the other waxes and polishes I'd been using before Glare.  Only difference is the great Glare shine that's left afterward now!

Yessssss!  And it really knocks out the black color.   ;D  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Sasquatch

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 12:51:31 PM »

Have a look at Crystal-glo.com This is GREAT polish for hiding any imperfections in the paint from cleaning and general use. The starter kit is pricey but you get what you pay for. I used it for two years but now I use "ICE detailer" and it seems to work just as well. The new polishes on the market are gearing towards the acrylic end of the shine world. I like a product that will clean everything and leave NO residue, period. ICE leaves no residue, the only precautions are not to apply to glass. I hope this helps you as it has helped me. You see I have a disease called Lupus and my body is attacking itself and eating my joints as I write this so I need easy on easy off and perfect results. This is MHO!

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2010, 05:55:57 AM »

I need to know which is the correct way to use this stuff.......

This is what I have,
1. Knock out
2. Spider
3. Micro Finish
4. Polish

I am assuming I am close, just want to make sure

Thanks
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2010, 08:29:48 AM »

That's the correct order.  You might find you don't really need the Micro Finish once you get done with the Spider.  I rarely use both (usually just the Micro Finish), unless maybe I'm trying to get a scratch out, or it's the first time I'm going over something.  Similarly, I doubt you need the Knock Out on a clear-coated vehicle that's been taken care of.  In other words, I don't like to get aggressive unless it's necessary.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »

That's the correct order.  You might find you don't really need the Micro Finish once you get done with the Spider.  I rarely use both (usually just the Micro Finish), unless maybe I'm trying to get a scratch out, or it's the first time I'm going over something.  Similarly, I doubt you need the Knock Out on a clear-coated vehicle that's been taken care of.  In other words, I don't like to get aggressive unless it's necessary.

Well this will be the first time I am using it so, do I use the knockout or the spider? Or test and make my own decision?

Paint is in good shape and I am not looking to take anything off...
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »

Well this will be the first time I am using it so, do I use the knockout or the spider? Or test and make my own decision?

Paint is in good shape and I am not looking to take anything off...

Dick

I'd try the spider first. If that doesn't get the swirls, then I'd try the Knock Out. I rarely use the KO.

JW

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »

Pretty sure you'd be fine starting with the Spider.  I've never started with Knock Out on anything.  Not gonna hurt anything to give it a spin and see what kind of results you get, though.  But after this initial application, whichever route you go, maintenance can probably be done with just Micro and Polish.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

Thanks guys......

I'll give it a whirl.. :2vrolijk_21:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »

:worthless:

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 06:31:09 PM »

:apple: :carrot: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :pineapple: :pepper: :coolblue:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.