Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Clean Enough?  (Read 8400 times)

REGGAB

Clean Enough?
« on: March 31, 2008, 05:59:15 PM »

OK Experts!  Grade me!  Is Thumper Clean?

She was a nasty Girl when we got home from CHL yesterday morning.  Since she is going to sit for awhile, I had to make sure she's clean.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:04:44 PM by REGGAB »

REGGAB

Re: Clean Enough?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:00:15 PM »

Another.  Now that there are pictures, I see spots I missed.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »

A++

Mine isn't that clean on the bottom side.  How long did it take?

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »

A++

Mine isn't that clean on the bottom side.  How long did it take?

2.5 hours for the entire motorcycle to include detail.  About 30 minutes for the just the bottom to include detail.   Waited 24 hours before covering to allow everything to dry.  Took these pictures right before posting them.

It really isn't too difficult to clean the bottom.  Brite Max Grime-Away, a soft bristle scrub brush, a bottle brush (or one of those H-D wheel and tire brushes), Glare Ultra Wash, and copious amounts of water gets the gunk and grime off.  Detail involves nothing more than an old, wet microfiber cloth...........one you don't intend to use on paint, the occasional Q-tip, and a good eye...............which evidently is going south on me.   ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »

:vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :D :D :D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenpinkie: :huepfenpinkie: :huepfenpinkie: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :vrolijk_26: :vrolijk_26: :vrolijk_26: :smartass2: :smartass2: :smartass2: ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »

Not too bad. Looks like a little more practice and you'll have it. Come on up and spend a couple of hours on mine and I think you'll be there.   8) :cherry:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »

Henry, you've got clean spots in places I didn't even know I had places....

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »

REGGAB

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »

Not too bad. Looks like a little more practice and you'll have it. Come on up and spend a couple of hours on mine and I think you'll be there.   8) :cherry:

That, or next time you find yourself down BAMA way, stop by.  I'll supervise and offer advice.   ;D       Oh......and BEER!   :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »

I had to think about that, Don.  I'm running Intel 8086 speed lately.   ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »

Me too  :bath:

B B

Travelinshoes

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 09:15:56 PM »

Henry, that's cleaner than my bike AFTER I wash it.  I'm afraid to look under mine.  I'd probably have to start with a gasket scraper!

T

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »

Last time I saw the bottom side of your ride it had the remains of a dead cat off to the side of a drain plug.

REGGAB

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »

Henry, that's cleaner than my bike AFTER I wash it.  I'm afraid to look under mine.  I'd probably have to start with a gasket scraper!

T

What's goin' on, Karl?  Long time.

That said, last time I saw your motorcycle, it was mighty sparkly.  Sumpthin' change?   ;D

We need to coordinate another BBQ run.  Let me know.

Travelinshoes

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »

Hi Henry, just got back from over there, not going back until June so give me a holler when you're in the area! 

Karl

REGGAB

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 05:43:47 AM »

Hi Henry, just got back from over there, not going back until June so give me a holler when you're in the area! 

Karl

You have a PM

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 07:13:41 AM »

henry, i thought you were recovering well. was planning on taking you and thumper on a mud run --------but---you fell off the wagon. surely there is a support group near you.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 08:50:44 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

REGGAB

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 04:51:36 PM »

henry, i thought you were recovering well. was planning on taking you and thumper on a mud run --------but---you fell off the wagon. surely there is a support group near you.

For me.........there is no hope.........only the torture within my own mind that if I do not keep her clean, she'll rot away before my days have ended.   ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 04:52:55 PM »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 05:58:54 PM »

:dankk2:

Henry, I disposed of the offensive picture I had of your rear wheel ......................
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 08:28:26 PM by porthole »

MV 2013

REGGAB

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »

Henry I disposed of the offensive picture I had of you rear wheel ......................
:lolk:  That was pretty nasty.  Shame ON me.  She's at home, clean, and covered.  Hopefully, knowing that, I can focus on work.   :2vrolijk_21:

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 07:35:07 PM »

:lolk:  That was pretty nasty.  Shame ON me.  She's at home, clean, and covered.  Hopefully, knowing that, I can focus on work.   :2vrolijk_21:

WOOOOO that under side looks sweet and clean, I hate to take your mind off work, but I think that tire could use some Wet'n Black by Turtle Wax, just on the side walls, that stuff is slick on the thread oh and be sure to get down in the threads with a qtip  :pepper: Dont listen to that dirty little dyno dude  ;)

No really your more than welcome to clean mine anytime looks damn good

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »

I tip my hat . You are good . you can clean my bike any day!!!!! ;D
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

56FLE

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 - FLHTCUSE6 "Big Blue"
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »

Wow :2vrolijk_21: looks like a new factory bike except for the oil cooler fins. Great job.  :bananarock: :jalapeno: :pepper:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 09:00:24 AM »

when reggab dropped his bike with me to do his motor, i did the usual walk around looking for damage. (i take photos of scratches and da-like to protect myself from the customer that says "it wasnt like that when i dropped it off") noticing how clean the bike was, i was very worried working on this bike. must have used three rolls of tape to protect paint and chrome. LOL

when we delivered the bike to him (7 hrs in a 1 ton 4x4) opened the drop gate on the bike hauler and the hinges had broke on one of the bunks, and the bunk had landed on the side of the bike! henry freaked, i freaked, i had a panic attack, couldnt talk, tried to faint but couldnt. finally got out a few words --i will take care of it. henry was already locked and loaded and i felt the laser on my forehead. man that 7 hr ride back to the shop was looonnngggggg!

when i was in ICU at Christmas, i kept thinking "this room is really clean, henry musta been here" !!!!!!!!!!!!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 09:38:54 AM »

when we delivered the bike to him (7 hrs in a 1 ton 4x4) opened the drop gate on the bike hauler and the hinges had broke on one of the bunks, and the bunk had landed on the side of the bike!

True story?

MV 2013

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 10:29:52 AM »

True story?

Yes.  It's true.  Everything is fine now, nor was it near as bad as it appears.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »

when reggab dropped his bike with me to do his motor, i did the usual walk around looking for damage. (i take photos of scratches and da-like to protect myself from the customer that says "it wasnt like that when i dropped it off") noticing how clean the bike was, i was very worried working on this bike. must have used three rolls of tape to protect paint and chrome. LOL

when we delivered the bike to him (7 hrs in a 1 ton 4x4) opened the drop gate on the bike hauler and the hinges had broke on one of the bunks, and the bunk had landed on the side of the bike! henry freaked, i freaked, i had a panic attack, couldnt talk, tried to faint but couldnt. finally got out a few words --i will take care of it. henry was already locked and loaded and i felt the laser on my forehead. man that 7 hr ride back to the shop was looonnngggggg!

when i was in ICU at Christmas, i kept thinking "this room is really clean, henry musta been here" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Been on both sides of this kinda stuff and you know its always the bike that is well taken care of, never one you picked up because it was wrecked on in bad shape.

Dennis is that what put you in ICU? When I felt the laser on my forhead I would have asked Henry if I could turn around so I wouldnt see it comin hehehehe I really know how you and Henry felt.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 10:14:42 PM »

Been on both sides of this kinda stuff and you know its always the bike that is well taken care of, never one you picked up because it was wrecked on in bad shape.

Dennis is that what put you in ICU? When I felt the laser on my forhead I would have asked Henry if I could turn around so I wouldnt see it comin hehehehe I really know how you and Henry felt.

hehe, i was in icu for some cardiac stuff--nuttin to do with henry. i knew he wouldnt shoot, that would have been too swift a punishment for the crime. lol  but i do check under my car before i get in-----------------------------------i keep hearing a ticking noise.

REGGAB

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 10:46:55 PM »

hehe, i was in icu for some cardiac stuff--nuttin to do with henry. i knew he wouldnt shoot, that would have been too swift a punishment for the crime. lol  but i do check under my car before i get in-----------------------------------i keep hearing a ticking noise.

It's all good, Dennis.  Chit happens.  Thumper is a tough old Girl.  Might want to check the lifters in your hoopty.   ;D

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 02:01:38 AM »

Yes.  It's true.  Everything is fine now, nor was it near as bad as it appears.

I feel better now  :P

When my buddy (LtBawb) and I went went to Rhode Island to pick up his new to him 05 SEEG I said we'll take my truck and trailer, it's a great trailer, smooth riding and ready go and will be better then renting some POS.

So, 250+ miles up and 250 + mile back and somewhere, I believe in NYC on that POS road they call a highway, I95, the bike must have bounced up at the the same time the transition flap bounced up, the bike landed on the flap and put a nice big dent in the bottom of the fender.

Had that same sinking feeling ..........................

I have since moved the flap.

MV 2013

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 06:33:58 AM »

Well Dennis I hope your ticker is doing fine and maintaining the correct oil pressure woooooo you know what happens when a engine loose it  :oops: Got ya on the shooting, now if that red dot had been on a knee cap, I think thats when is would have be bad, damn it both knee caps and a Chinese stich up the middle I hate it when a guy has a high capacity clip.

You may want to check under the seat too before you get in, man those pressure sensitive switches dont make a tickin sound  :huepfenjump3:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 08:33:16 AM »

Well Dennis I hope your ticker is doing fine and maintaining the correct oil pressure woooooo you know what happens when a engine loose it  :oops: Got ya on the shooting, now if that red dot had been on a knee cap, I think thats when is would have be bad, damn it both knee caps and a Chinese stich up the middle I hate it when a guy has a high capacity clip.

You may want to check under the seat too before you get in, man those pressure sensitive switches dont make a tickin sound  :huepfenjump3:

lol, yep henry has been spending lots of time with hoist, and hoist is a new yorker. those yanks know people. if i see a bald guy with pasta stains on his tie and a couple big nosed bodyguards-----------------------im runnin.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 08:41:16 AM »

lol, yep henry has been spending lots of time with hoist, and hoist is a new yorker. those yanks know people. if i see a bald guy with pasta stains on his tie and a couple big nosed bodyguards-----------------------im runnin.

Yep and zig zag your run and drop donuts, those big guys see them there gona stop and eat hehehehe, I would be leavin a trail of s&*t that they would not follow for sure

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 10:03:51 AM »

Hehe! Wadda youze tawkin aboud? Fuhgedaboudid! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

old wrench

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 10:51:31 AM »

Hehe! Wadda youze tawkin aboud? Fuhgedaboudid! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

:o uh oh Dennis dont worry about cleanin your bike just get on it and head down south, we can clean them in Mexico, and if those boys show up I gots a couple of real sweet little senoritas down there that will lay them out flat on there back and damn sure take there minds off us  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.