Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Extended brake and shifter levers.........  (Read 6459 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Extended brake and shifter levers.........
« on: April 21, 2007, 03:13:41 AM »

Did a search on E Z Brake and nothing comes up.

Looking at gaining some more space on my floorboards...........does anybody have any experience with the extended brake pedal and shifter levers from E-Z Brake or those offered by Kuryakyn?  Pros.......cons.....would appreciate any feed back from those who have experience with either.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/z/ezbrake/index.htm

http://www.sturgisswapmeet.com/options.cfm?prodid=5049

http://www.sturgisswapmeet.com/options.cfm?prodid=5043

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Extended brake and shifter levers.........
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 03:35:35 AM »

Did a search on E Z Brake and nothing comes up.

Looking at gaining some more space on my floorboards...........does anybody have any experience with the extended brake pedal and shifter levers from E-Z Brake or those offered by Kuryakyn?  Pros.......cons.....would appreciate any feed back from those who have experience with either.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/z/ezbrake/index.htm

http://www.sturgisswapmeet.com/options.cfm?prodid=5049

http://www.sturgisswapmeet.com/options.cfm?prodid=5043

Had them on the last Road King.  Actually quite liked them.  You do gain some more room 

If I ever ruin the spare shift arm that Harley so kindly supplied in the heel shift location (the one that's now installed in the toe shift location) I'd likely buy them again rather than the stock part.

JW

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:14:21 AM »

You might want to pm ultrafxr.  He has used the ez shift and ez brake on multiple bikes over a 7 year period.  I am actually getting ready to order both today.  With my big feet and long legs, I just know this will make a difference.  I will post pics when I get them installed.  I know you're looking for a comparison, but after ultrafxr's experience, Im sold.
2005 Cherry SEEG-

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:18:21 AM »

I have ez brake shift levers and lovem.  They give me plenty of room for my size 14 boots.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 09:44:17 AM »

I have both of them. They work quite well. The shifter was a must for me as my boot wouldn't fit between the two shifters. The brake pedal is nice also. It took some getting use to as in the beginning I kept hitting the lower with my boot while braking. The ONLY downside is the chrome quality. My stuff is six years old and it shows. I know that is a decent amount of time however my OEM rear shift arm still looks good, OK decent. ;) The brake arm is pretty much a flat piece of steel. Nothing fancy, no rounded edges, no billet look to it.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »

Has anybody used the Kurakyn?  There's a big difference in price between Kuryakyn and E-Z Brake.  That may be because E-Z Brake used to be the only game in town and now there are several companies making the extended brake and shifter levers.

Thanks to everybody who has responded so far.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:16 AM »

Softbrake.com is another one.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

Check http://www.waltersworkshop.com.  I've had their extended rear shift for a year (I didn't use it a lot, but a recent thread shamed me into using it more  :D. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12220.0 )  It matches the look of the original, but it's steel, not aluminum.
:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »

JC,
I've had the K-A's on the last 2 CVO's on both sides now.  They did pretty well, THOUGH the chrome started bubbling after 3 years on the shifters and on the latest shifters, the shaft hole was a trace too large- never could get them to stay tight.  I could get them to go about 1000 miles, then they'd start to wiggle.  VERY annoying.  My dealer swapped me for a new set without any further problems.  Don't know about the chrome bubbling on the new set yet.
arctic
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 03:45:57 PM »

You might want to pm ultrafxr.  He has used the ez shift and ez brake on multiple bikes over a 7 year period.  I am actually getting ready to order both today.  With my big feet and long legs, I just know this will make a difference.  I will post pics when I get them installed.  I know you're looking for a comparison, but after ultrafxr's experience, Im sold.

I have used the EZ brake products exclusively (they were the only ones available at the time) and am very, very pleased with their performance, looks and durability.  Have this set on my '07 that was originally bought in 2000 for bike I had then.  Still look good and perform perfectly.

Any of them would be a big improvement over the stock setup imo.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 04:59:02 PM »

JCZ,

This is the link for E Z Brake:  http://www.heelguard.com/

I have the EZ shift levers - front & rear as well as their brake lever on my 02 Road King.  The shift levers were a bit loose at first, until I tightened them up - have worked fine ever since.  Chrome still looks as good as new.  I recall them giving me a discount since I bought all 3 at once.

I often wondered if a Harley engineer sat on an 02 FL & said: "Say, lets put the rear shift lever in the back third of the rider footboard so they won't have enough room to use the board if their feet are size 12s?"  Then they chuckled I suppose. :nixweiss:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.