Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)  (Read 9322 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: What do you want in a club/Membership? (like HOG)
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »

I want any organization to enhance my enjoyment of riding. Be it a technical group, rowdies, HOG, ABATE, internet forum, whatever. Folks get soooo caught up in the crap that they forget about the fun stuff. There's some really good people in HOG, CVO Harley, etc. and there's others that are sooo full of themselves that I find immense entertainment w/ them. Who cares? The only non - political group that I associate w/ is me. I enjoy HOG for the friendship of some, the atlas, etc., some of the rides and some of the parties. I enjoy ABATE for the good we try to do, the friendship of some, the knowledge I receive and some of the social activities. I enjoy this site for the friendship of some, the knowledge I give and receive, the humor (and sometimes the pain) we share. I enjoy the emblems and I look for them in others. They provide, maybe just a little, insight into a stranger and often can be an easy intro to conversation.

In essence, I want a "club" to reflect mostly my values of fun, sincerity and honor and actually doing something besides talking about it.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »

and heres an idea for all your patches or pins.

a wall hanging.  maybe for your garage,,  or where ever

yeah ,,, I still have a bunch to sew on.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »

I personally have tried the HOG club meetings and HATED it! 
I like talking to other riders...but the whole meeting, organization, schedule crap makes me puke.  I ride on my days off where I want when I want and with who I choose.
IMOP Too many people who have a need to be IN CHARGE at those organizations.JUST GO RIDE!

What he said times every chapter out there

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 05:16:24 AM »

When have I left you lost? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I always ride other people's ride when I'm riding with someone! And I'd NEVER leave someone stranded! EVER!!!! Biker's creed! My creed!  ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

:2vrolijk_21:

I have never left anyone lost either!  ;D Well besides once.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 08:24:48 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

I have never left anyone lost either!  ;D Well besides once.

Don't count! Your hand was forced!!! ::) :P ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:52 AM »

This may sound funny, but I agree with most of what Hoist and B B have said about HOG and their meetings.  I say it may sound funny because I'm an officer in our local chapter.  Now my position is Webmaster (GEEK!) so I help with postings about rides and events.  No politics there.  Very few of our chapter wear the patch, and those of us that do, only occasionally... It's certainly not like wearing colors.  And I have seen the chapters that do wear them... All of them all the time.  Looks like a dang uniform.

I get one thing out of it.  Friends.  Just like here.  Friends to run ideas by, share info and ride with.  I've made some friends there and I get to see them and talk to them and plan to get together to ride with them.  When I was out of the chapter, Life got in the way alot and I'd lose touch and miss out on some rides that I wished I'd gone on.  So now I re-joined, got a little involved and have lots of riding buddies.  That was worth the small amount to maintain my membership.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »

What I get from HOG is their national rides,state rally,and some minor benefits.I have met a few of our members at the national and state rallies and also a lot of others who share my passion for riding.That and if hog picks a spot for a national ride our group don't have too,(LOL ) I think sometimes local hog chapters turn people off with pollitics,free labor at dealership parties,and talking about riding instead of riding. To all of the members that I have met at these rallies it has been a pleasure and hope to see yah again soon. RIDE SAFE JDO

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 01:38:17 PM »

HOG to me was a great training ground, showed me about riding with a group, staying at locations overnight (in a group) , gas up before you go, and other things of that nature.

Just like junior high and high school, I have learned the fundamentals and now it is time to take advantage of what i have learned.

CVO group is (IMO) the way to go, we have weeded out the weak and it's time to play with the big boys/girls  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :drink: :drink:

Marty

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:40 PM »

I belong to the national, because of my 08 softail custom,I didn't join the local chapter because I heard allot of chit about
them. Politics,Egos etc. etc.So for now this works for me.

Jo Mo NYC :coolblue:

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »

when I moved to florida ' I bought the 2000 SERG, and with it came the hog membership. My wife wanted to join the local chapter as a way of meeting people and doing some rides. We attended 2 meetings...held at a bar at 10:00 am on a sunday morning, There was a fair amount of complaining and whining over some sort of trivial bullchit...then the group was to go for a local ride...it was like the "gang that couldnt shoot straight"...people showed up for the ride needing fuel...needing to stop for cigarettes,snacks lotto tickets and who knows what all else they needed. there seemed to be a fairly large amount of riders that seemed to have no clue as to how to ride in a group..(side by side...passing each other, following my new bike way too closely)...after an exhausting 50minutes on the bikes, it was time for lunch..at a bar of course...most seemed to have a beer or two..(it was like 95 and very humid out)..so the beers seemed to affect their judgement, as we took off for the rest of the ride...the riding became faster, and in the middle of the pack where I was stuck..it got a bit scary...ONE AND DONE for me...first ride with them and last...
   Sure wish i could have got one of those nifty patches...and I too could have been elevated to the real biker status...Like it has been said here already i prefer to ride alone...once in awhile with a few local friends and the best treat is when two of my old friends from up north come down during the winter we ride up to Daytona or down to the Keys...its awesome as we have ridden tons of miles together and know what each other will do and how we ride together...its always fun and safe. AsI am writing this it occurs to me the difference of riding with the hog group and that of riding with my friends .....is just that...its better to ride with a couple of long time friends anytime, than a bunch of wannabe outlaws :orange: just my .02 cents worth
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 10:19:25 PM »

What do I want in a club?  Hmmmm, let's see  ::)  A stage would be nice, with a brass pole attached to it and the ceiling, and some scantilly cladded beauties....oh wait, that's the local t*tt*-bar :P.  Nevermind..... :drink: :drink: :drink:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 12:14:36 PM »

Since I bought & started riding my bike, I've felt like I am in a club. Other bikers are more interested in talking to me than before.

Mine is the new shiney one in the company bike parking lot, so other bike enthusiasts have come up to me talking shop or just commenting on my ride. I haven't hit the hangouts yet but even visiting the local dealer checking on parts I get a different feeling than before.

I think I'll continue the HOG, like the patch & pin thrown in with the extra service benefits. Not really interested in meetings or planning for rides, at this moment I'm just getting my feet wet and breaking my better half on the thought of me riding on two wheels in the open air out on the rode, perhaps one of these days she'll join me.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »

How about they sink all that HOG $$$ into making bikes that perform and are reliable instead of some of the junk they send us now, and then wavin all that HOG lifestyle crap in our faces!!! Like they need to create a lifestyle for those that truly love these machines and already live it!!! STF!!! STH!!! ::) >:( ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »

What do I want in a club?  Hmmmm, let's see  ::)  A stage would be nice, with a brass pole attached to it and the ceiling, and some scantilly cladded beauties....oh wait, that's the local t*tt*-bar :P.  Nevermind..... :drink: :drink: :drink:

:devil:

And nachos and beer.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »

Since I bought & started riding my bike, I've felt like I am in a club. Other bikers are more interested in talking to me than before.

Mine is the new shiney one in the company bike parking lot, so other bike enthusiasts have come up to me talking shop or just commenting on my ride. I haven't hit the hangouts yet but even visiting the local dealer checking on parts I get a different feeling than before.

I think I'll continue the HOG, like the patch & pin thrown in with the extra service benefits. Not really interested in meetings or planning for rides, at this moment I'm just getting my feet wet and breaking my better half on the thought of me riding on two wheels in the open air out on the rode, perhaps one of these days she'll join me.
Congratulations on your new ride.  Everything you have written is why HOG exists.  If your better half is not sure what you have gotten yourself into, you local HOG chapter may have a group of Ladies of Harley.  I am not actually promoting it, but if they are there, they tend to be really helpful in making the female group feel included.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.