Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: zMAX in Harley's  (Read 2236 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
zMAX in Harley's
« on: September 06, 2009, 10:25:15 AM »

I just watched a infomercial on Speed Channel for zMAX where laboratory test results prove (that is the question ???) that zMAX does dissolve carbon deposits off valves and pistons and adds superior lubrication to automotive engines. Now I'm curious if this stuff would offer any benefits to our HD motors? I've read several articles in the past suggesting we stay away from products like Slick 50 in our HD motors due to roller bearings and other lubrication issues. I like the idea of reducing the carbon deposits which would help with detonation, but i haven't found answers if zMAX is safe for our motors? Any thoughts or input on zMAX for our motors?  :nixweiss:  - Heck,, If Carol Shelby swears by it,, it's got to be good stuff   :nervous:)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:35:56 AM by sportygordy »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: zMAX in Harley's
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »

I think this article answers the question..  :nixweiss:

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/oilinfo1.htm

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »

Watched Speedvision this morning and saw an interview with Burton Smith a well known in the racing industry and owner of many tracks and the new Z MAX drag strip in Concord NC  apparently he has just purchased ZMAX  and gave a sells pitch that makes sense.....  I waiting on CHIP to try it .....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 09:10:40 PM »

One more snake oil product among the hundreds (or maybe thousands) already out there.  And don't get all carried away because Speed Channel endorses it.  They get paid to advertise and endorse products.  Kind of like American Iron when they publish a "test" of products that just happen to have full page ads in the same mag.

Gotta go, heading out to the garage to "soak" my metal.

Jerry

Oh, if you want to clean carbon deposits off your valves while cleaning your injectors, try one of the many gasolines sold here in the USA.  They all contain detergents by law which will perform those tasks, and some contain more than the law requires as a selling point for the Premium fuel.  Walk into a Shell station and you will likely find a little display of a dirty valve next to a clean valve, just like the picture on the zMax site.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »

grc , well put .
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 06:45:35 AM »

Watched Speedvision this morning and saw an interview with Burton Smith a well known in the racing industry and owner of many tracks and the new Z MAX drag strip in Concord NC  apparently he has just purchased ZMAX  and gave a sells pitch that makes sense.....  I waiting on CHIP to try it .....

Chip (Mikey) will try it.  :bananarock: :bananarock:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:13:16 AM »

I get rid of the carbon trhe way we've been doing it for years.......

I BLOW IT OUT AT SPEED!!! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:56:30 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.