Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local prices on new bikes  (Read 2239 times)

blown alcohol

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Local prices on new bikes
« on: October 10, 2021, 10:50:00 AM »

Greenville, SC Harley Dealer told me yesterday on the 21 CVO road glide price starts at $50k. I asked about a road glide special and his reply mid 30's. I have heard people before say how much their local dealer marked up prices, I just never experienced it until now. Wow, is all I could say. $50k+ for a bike that lists for $41,399
The prices on their used bikes looked higher than when they were new.
I told the sales guy that this store and the Harley dealer on Independence Blvd in Charlotte were the only dealerships around that had any inventory. He said "yeah, that's our store too".

Their store, their bikes, and my choice. Not really complaining. I know they have to do what's in their best interests to keep the doors open. I for one would not pay those prices.
I'll never step back in those 2 dealerships. He also said they believe the market will be like this the next 2 years.

Maybe I will find that orange 09 cvo road glide for a decent price. I have been wanting a road glide for a few years now, so I can wait till prices come back down.

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Local prices on new bikes
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »

Maybe I will find that orange 09 cvo road glide for a decent price. I have been wanting a road glide for a few years now, so I can wait till prices come back down.

What’s a decent price on an 09 cvo road glide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 08:51:31 PM »

Greenville, SC Harley Dealer told me yesterday on the 21 CVO road glide price starts at $50k. I asked about a road glide special and his reply mid 30's. I have heard people before say how much their local dealer marked up prices, I just never experienced it until now. Wow, is all I could say. $50k+ for a bike that lists for $41,399
I told the sales guy that this store and the Harley dealer on Independence Blvd in Charlotte were the only dealerships around that had any inventory. He said "yeah, that's our store too".

Their store, their bikes, and my choice. Not really complaining. I know they have to do what's in their best interests to keep the doors open. I for one would not pay those prices.
I'll never step back in those 2 dealerships. He also said they believe the market will be like this the next 2 years.

They are owned by The Baracca Brothers ( not sure on the spelling) They mark up EVERYTHING. They have 18 Dealerships and move bikes around to keep getting more units from The Moco. I will NEVER deal with them. They tried to sell me a wrecked bike and never disclosed it to me. I found out on my own.

The bike in question was a 3 year old CVO Limited. They ended up wanting more for it then when it was new. They also use high pressure sales tactics. It just didn't work on me.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

99 Blue flame

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue flame
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 09:03:14 AM »

I read somewhere a while ago. That the MOCO is putting pressure on the dealers To raise used bike prices, In order to boost new bike sales. The Harley Davidson Management does not care about the consumers AT ALL. It's ALL about the investors. When dealers do this kind of thing, They only care about the money. Hopefully people will take their business elsewhere.

Gregfry

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 09:37:47 PM »

I recently purchased a 21 RG CVO and it took me quite a while to find a dealer who didn’t add a markup and also didn’t play games with add-ons and other BS.  You’re somewhat close to my area so call Great South Harley in Newnan GA and tell them what you are interested in.  If they don’t have any of what you are looking for you can agree on an OTD price and put down a deposit for the next one that arrives.  Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 12:34:49 AM »

Right now the bike market is no different than the car market. Supply and demand. The pandemic has caused supply chains issues around the world, whether it is due to a shortage of parts needed to build something, or a shortage of people willing to work. Used cars and trucks are selling for more than when they were new due to a lack of inventory of new ones. The MOCO dealerships I have been in are low on inventory, both new and used.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 11:05:37 AM by Threephase »
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

mark

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 12:52:51 AM »

Right now the bike market is no different than the car market. Supply and demand. The pandemic has caused supply chains issues around the world, whether it is due to a shortage of parts needed to build something, or a shortage of people willing to  work. Used cars and teucks are selling for more than when they were new due to a lack of inventory of new ones. The MOCO dealerships I have been in are low on inventory, both new and used.
Yep, it’s a seller’s market now; but, what goes up will eventually come down.  Dealers may be feasting now, but the famine will eventually return. 

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 10:21:38 PM »

I have a 2018 CVO Anniversary Limited with little over 6000 miles. Ive called dealers in my area & they don't seem to want to buy it from me. They say the CVO's are hard to sell when used. I call that a bunch of B.S. thou. These dealers have hardly no bikes in stock. They advertise they will buy your bike but when u go they don't want to.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »

I've been seeing "Dealer Availability Fee" on some tags of new bikes. So basically Harley is doing you a favor by having Harley's available to sell. Because of that, they get a bonus. Sounds legit...
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

hogsty

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2021, 10:30:14 PM »

There's a "surcharge" listed right on the MoCo website.   They don't specify what it is a surcharge for.   

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »

As said, bike market is a lot like the car market.  Manufactures have a shortage of parts to build cars and bikes.  So there is little to no inventory of new on the show room floors.  So this is driving price of used up. 

My brother was just told 6 or more months if he places an order now for a GMC Crew Cab Dually with 4x4 and diesel. Mid trim level. 

Local H-D dealer has less than 10 new Harleys, they use to have at least 70 new bikes
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 09:32:53 AM »

I quit going to the dealer to see the new bikes mainly because I'm very happy with what I have.
But the other reason is that years ago they removed the price tags so you had to ask for it ,that led to taking you to Karen's cubicle so the sales rep can get your information and call the pool boy to find out what he knows about you.
Apparently with the pool boys feedback, your on a sliding scale,  determined by how close you can get to grabbing your ankles.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.