Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: NCAA Football  (Read 16318 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: NCAA Football
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2009, 01:39:18 AM »

two of the high powered offences in the ncaa  with 12:00 to go in the 4th qtr tied up @ 14-14.

gimmie a frickin break here. was a great game!!

:smilie_eimer:

TN

What game? ::) :P :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #271 on: January 10, 2009, 01:41:38 AM »

i invite you to chat.

but the post won't count.

:coolblue:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #272 on: January 10, 2009, 01:42:32 AM »

i invite you to chat.

but the post won't count.

:coolblue:

TN

You'll be talkin to my buddy Jack, not me TN! ::) :o ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #273 on: January 10, 2009, 01:43:52 AM »

You'll be talkin to my buddy Jack, not me TN! ::) :o ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #274 on: January 10, 2009, 01:45:55 AM »

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #275 on: January 10, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »

to ya brotha. :drink:

TN

and enough said

elvislee

« Reply #276 on: January 10, 2009, 05:12:50 AM »

You guys can debate, argue, fight, or whatever til yer blue in the face about this NCAA Football cit, but Sean's dedication, devotion, and commitment to help keep us safe, free, and protect this great nation, has nothing at all to do with this college football crap. Youze can argue about this footbal stuff as football fans. His staus as one of our protectors remains on a much more important and is on a much higher level! ALWAYS! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

So Sean, thanks for all you do for us, but that game was Bullchit!!! ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

But I only saw the lasty 10 minutes, and wasn't even paying attention! :P :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

That's right Howie; without a doubt. :2vrolijk_21:

Just say thanks to all our men and women   :2vrolijk_21:

They are the ones who as I said; put on a uniform and stood tall giving up many of their own freedoms and some their lives, to allow us the opportunity to DEBATE such issues as we do on this board. Ya know man....there ain't a day goes by I don't tell them thank you for their service. So, thanks to them WE ALL can have these debates about tiddly winks, the price of eggs in Hong Kong, hummingbird S*#t, the best Harley ever made; and yes, football...Is this a GREAT COUNTRY or what? Ain't we as Americans the most fortunate people on the face of the earth? :2vrolijk_21:  :)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #277 on: January 10, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

Independent of my service to the country, which has nothing to do with my love for the Gators, I am an Alum and damn proud of it.  I am a fan if they are winning or losing, not a participant just when its going well. I have flown a Gator flag in more countries then some of you have ever or will ever step a foot in (and in some places you would never want to step a foot in (Ramadi and Fallujah come to mind) - and will continue to do so until I leave the Marine Corps that is my level of love and dedication to being a Gator.  It's almost Marine like dedication for Gator fans - I see more Gator stickers then most other schools - and you pretty much only see Marine stickers on cars. 

I also do not understand the ever present hate of the Gators - we have and are very dedicated (rabid) fans, but we are gracious when we lose and proud when we win, not sure why folks take issue with that.

Thursdays game was good - from the point that it was the coaching decisions and some big plays (4th down stop, Blacks interception, Tebow opening up the option- may have been a good Sooner thing or two in there also  ::) )that made the difference in the outcome of the game...going for it on 4th down, a 49 yard field goal?  Stoops screwed the pooch, Urban and the Gators exploited it.  Mostly - in my opinion  Tebow stepped up, rallied his team with leadership and took it upon himself to start the offense up where it had sputtered for 30 minutes - he was way off in the first half.  Tim tossed as many picks as he had the whole season, that is in large part to a good Sooner secondary, and their getting into his OODA loop** - but he recovered in the 2nd half and they didn't catch up.  The UF defense out toughed the Sooners, and Tebow got his team up and moving in what had been a stalemate until that point.  The difference to a large part was Urban Myers and our coaching staff- the guy has a knack for coaching that cannot be denied, everywhere he goes, he is successful and that is a full on approach, recruiting, prep etc.

BB - you are so wrong about Tim Tebow it isn't even funny.  Your impression based upon watching 1 game is 180 degrees out from what everyone else has ever said or experienced with him.  Using your logic, you would base your impressions of someone from a 1 second view, when he is one of the most impressive kids to ever play the game.  He has more grace in his pinky them most have in their entire body.  I still cannot even fathom where you are getting this from.  Check out his dad's web page, see what Tim has done with his free time when other kids his age are chasing tail in Fort Lauderdale or Cancun.

I am done with this subject, feel however you want about it, we could debate it until the cows come home and never reach consensus.

** google OODA - Colonel Boyd, another leader of merit to learn about.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #278 on: January 10, 2009, 04:04:24 PM »

Independent of my service to the country, which has nothing to do with my love for the Gators, I am an Alum and damn proud of it.  I am a fan if they are winning or losing, not a participant just when its going well. I have flown a Gator flag in more countries then some of you have ever or will ever step a foot in (and in some places you would never want to step a foot in (Ramadi and Fallujah come to mind) - and will continue to do so until I leave the Marine Corps that is my level of love and dedication to being a Gator.  It's almost Marine like dedication for Gator fans - I see more Gator stickers then most other schools - and you pretty much only see Marine stickers on cars. 

I also do not understand the ever present hate of the Gators - we have and are very dedicated (rabid) fans, but we are gracious when we lose and proud when we win, not sure why folks take issue with that.

Thursdays game was good - from the point that it was the coaching decisions and some big plays (4th down stop, Blacks interception, Tebow opening up the option- may have been a good Sooner thing or two in there also  ::) )that made the difference in the outcome of the game...going for it on 4th down, a 49 yard field goal?  Stoops screwed the pooch, Urban and the Gators exploited it.  Mostly - in my opinion  Tebow stepped up, rallied his team with leadership and took it upon himself to start the offense up where it had sputtered for 30 minutes - he was way off in the first half.  Tim tossed as many picks as he had the whole season, that is in large part to a good Sooner secondary, and their getting into his OODA loop** - but he recovered in the 2nd half and they didn't catch up.  The UF defense out toughed the Sooners, and Tebow got his team up and moving in what had been a stalemate until that point.  The difference to a large part was Urban Myers and our coaching staff- the guy has a knack for coaching that cannot be denied, everywhere he goes, he is successful and that is a full on approach, recruiting, prep etc.

BB - you are so wrong about Tim Tebow it isn't even funny.  Your impression based upon watching 1 game is 180 degrees out from what everyone else has ever said or experienced with him.  Using your logic, you would base your impressions of someone from a 1 second view, when he is one of the most impressive kids to ever play the game.  He has more grace in his pinky them most have in their entire body.  I still cannot even fathom where you are getting this from.  Check out his dad's web page, see what Tim has done with his free time when other kids his age are chasing tail in Fort Lauderdale or Cancun.

I am done with this subject, feel however you want about it, we could debate it until the cows come home and never reach consensus.

** google OODA - Colonel Boyd, another leader of merit to learn about.

Well said Sean.  I am a Sooners fan in the same way you are a Gators fan - whether the Sooners are winning or not.

You are pretty much spot on.  OU was out coached.  Stoops is a great coach, but he and his staff blew it Thursday night.

And, Tebow is a tremendous athlete and seems to be an exemplary human being - not perfect, but head & shoulders above the average college athlete.  Tebow made the difference in the game - both by rallying his team and his athletic ability.

As I said Thursday night, "Congrats Gators"

The Sooners will be back though...... Boomer Sooner! ;)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2009, 09:13:52 AM »

As a Longhorns fan, I have a biased perspective of this years BCS extrapalloopa.  Full disclosure, yadda, yadda.

Utah goes undefeated, has a great overall bowl record, but since the gods of BCS do not shine favorably on it, it gets no "official" title shot.  That sucks.

And by no stretch of any imagination am I a Utah fan.  I remain more than peeved about the "title selection" process that is the BCS BS system at present.  Never cared for it - no real valid reason a playoff system cannot be implemented for college football. 

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

You are pretty much spot on.  OU was out coached.  Stoops is a great coach, but he and his staff blew it Thursday night.

You could just as easily been talking and about my OSU Buckeyes and Tressell with that statement.    :)

Where the Sooners fell short was having the ball inside the 5 twice in the 1st half and coming up with nothing.  That was the difference (as was Tebow in the 2nd half).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:35:00 AM by Boatman »

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2009, 10:42:57 AM »

You could just as easily been talking and about my OSU Buckeyes and Tressell with that statement.    :)

Where the Sonners fell short was having the ball inside the 5 twice in the 1st half and coming up with nothing.  That was the difference (as was Tebow in the 2nd half).

Yep, you are right.  The Buckeyes could have very easily won.  The Longhorns lucked out on that game (not according to Mac Brown though :D )

And yes, our coaching staff made some terrible mistakes down at the goal line - both on offence and on defence

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »

Sean
        I gave my opinion on a thread about college football. That opinion was clearly stated as to why and how I reached that opinion. I did not drag you into the discussion. Nor did I disparage you personally in any way. Your comments in your final post on the subject border on going after me personally because I don't agree that someone 21 years old is ready for sainthood. I am sorry if somehow you feel the rest of the world doesn't have the same freedom of expression as you do. It would appear that you are missing a point far more important than the outcome of one football game.

B B
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.