Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: SNOW  (Read 41880 times)

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
SNOW
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »

Well, had to go to the doctor for check up at 10:00am. When I left had some flurries coming down by the time was finished at doctor downtown the secondary roads and the ground was covered. I guess we have about an inch of snow, I know that's nothing for most folks but for the bad drivers around here it is like 10 inches. My SUV was fine but people would not get out of the way. A normal 20 minute trip home took me over and hour. Hope everyone is warm and safe at home!   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: SNOW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 05:28:23 PM »

Home is where I gonna stay, Arland. Got bout 2" and comming down hard. For my Northern Bros, I started to post this in the Humor Topic to keep you from laughing!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »

Shut down my business around 1:00 today. Headed home people here cannot drive on snow.  Wife was stranded up town for 3 hours in traffic, went to pick here and her two friends and two kids up.  Got home around 4 strictly do to poor drivers in Alabama. Parked cars at Red Lobster for the night
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:45 PM »

6 inches and still snowing!

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »

Shut down my business around 1:00 today. Headed home people here cannot drive on snow.  Wife was stranded up town for 3 hours in traffic, went to pick here and her two friends and two kids up.  Got home around 4 strictly do to poor drivers in Alabama. Parked cars at Red Lobster for the night
Same problem here they can't drive in the snow. I guess I can't be to hard on them, they don't get a lot of practice around here to drive in the snow. Back in the day I would have been out in my Jeep making a little extra spending money pulling people out of the ditches!

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:36 PM »

All you Tarheels stay safe out there.

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »

we were 7 below this morning, that's without the wind chill factor, 17 below last week witout adding in the wind chill factor, no snow today though, very happy my winter car is handling it well.  BTW just west of Brownsburg Indiana really not that far north of ya Arland.
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:50 PM »

Same problem here they can't drive in the snow. I guess I can't be to hard on them, they don't get a lot of practice around here to drive in the snow. Back in the day I would have been out in my Jeep making a little extra spending money pulling people out of the ditches!

Don't worry, the folks 'round here CAN'T drive in it either......
Of course sometimes the people with 4 wheel drive (I drive one) forget one very important aspect of driving in the snow ---4 wheel/all wheel drive will help you go -- but it doesn't necessarily help you stop, so many of them end up causing collisions or just plain going sliding off the road.

All Y'all down south stay safe.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:51:28 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »

I did the same. Left at 1, my normal 25 minute commute took me 3 hours on the west side of Atlanta. My dad was out in this mess, 80 yrs old and still working, stuck in traffic for over 4 hours. He told me he had never had to pee so bad in his whole life. One of my sisters has been over 6 hours now trying to get home.

Oh well, it only happens once in a blue moon here. Kinda glad they don't spend millions of our tax dollars on snow plows and such to use so seldom. Problem is many of the transplants, the ones who say they can drive in anything, are always complaining about how us Southerners can't drive. It's not us, well not all of us, it is the ice on the road that is a problem I don't care where you're from. I had no problem but I have 4WD and a fresh set of Toyo's on the truck. Actually helped a damsel in distress on the way home, don't ask me why I drove by so many others.

Funny thing, I was sitting in traffic and heard a familiar sound. Some guy on an Electra Glide was motoring up the emergency lane, covered from head to toe in snow and slush. That is a Die Hard HD rider, kudos to him, or maybe a straight jacket.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 10:20:32 PM »

I did the same. Left at 1, my normal 25 minute commute took me 3 hours on the west side of Atlanta. My dad was out in this mess, 80 yrs old and still working, stuck in traffic for over 4 hours. He told me he had never had to pee so bad in his whole life. One of my sisters has been over 6 hours now trying to get home.

Oh well, it only happens once in a blue moon here. Kinda glad they don't spend millions of our tax dollars on snow plows and such to use so seldom. Problem is many of the transplants, the ones who say they can drive in anything, are always complaining about how us Southerners can't drive. It's not us, well not all of us, it is the ice on the road that is a problem I don't care where you're from. I had no problem but I have 4WD and a fresh set of Toyo's on the truck. Actually helped a damsel in distress on the way home, don't ask me why I drove by so many others.

Funny thing, I was sitting in traffic and heard a familiar sound. Some guy on an Electra Glide was motoring up the emergency lane, covered from head to toe in snow and slush. That is a Die Hard HD rider, kudos to him, or maybe a straight jacket.

Art - I have friends who never made it home tonight... After four hours stuck in no moving traffic on the road, some of them returned to their offices, one was picked up by a friend where they were stranded and is spending the night there, and one hasn't made it home and is at a Marriott hoping for a room. My wife left work at 12:15 and it took her 3 1/2 HOURS on GA 400 to get home today. She beat the worst of it.

We got an honest 3" here at the Badger Den, and it's going to freeze hard overnight. Ain't nobody needin' to be goin' NOWHAR tomorrow mornin'!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »

OK.....PROMISE I won't LAUGH............ :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It has been one long fricken winter up North here.

Now y'all can Laugh....... :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 11:15:49 PM »

Wow, lot of parents are really PO'd, seems the people in charge waited to long to close the schools,  school buses stopped running, salt trucks were not deployed in a timely manner, almost all traffic in and around town at a standstill, parents were off work but could not get to schools. What a CLUSTER!

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 08:02:01 AM »

Snow?  Please explain....................... :)

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »

Snow?  Please explain....................... :)

OWL
Now that's just mean!!! :'(

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »

OK.....PROMISE I won't LAUGH............ :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It has been one long fricken winter up North here.

Now y'all can Laugh....... :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Sometimes paybacks are a Bitch!!! I have a good friend that lives in bama and he checks our weather all the time
and gives me chit every time it gets cold or snowy!! Had fun with him last night!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:41:01 AM by tazmun »
The "TAZMUN"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.