Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New Maple Metallic  (Read 7645 times)

jcd520

Re: New Maple Metallic
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 07:47:35 PM »

pic 6

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 07:35:16 AM »

You have got your Maple looking really good!  I have always's liked that color!  Any updates on how you like the WV shield?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

jcd520

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2013, 12:23:04 PM »

Installed the DX pipe , steves tune, baffles with the new perforated packing baskets , 54 cams , woods lifters, .030 head gasket , yesterday and went riding for several hours last nite and this morning-------------

Jesus , I had no idea!!! This beast is absolutely amazing!!!!!! It is so strong with these cams and gasket I was just blown away. I have used Andrews cams in the past but not this one. I just can't say enough about how smooth and strong this bike is now . Many thanks to Steve at Fullsac!!!!!!!!!!

The jury was out on this bike for awhile but I am sold on it now for sure-----------next stop------STEREO!!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 12:31:16 PM by jcd520 »

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 02:42:10 AM »

If you are considering stereo.... 

I just went thru quite a process getting one designed, trouble-shot, and finally done.  I can tell you, what I have now is over-the-top awesome and I am very pleased.  These CVO's have different electrical issues and more, so make sure your installer knows that. 

I did a Rockford Fosgate amp in the fairing (cant remember model, will get it if you care)
And 6 "Focal" brand speakers in the fairing (2 new tweeters, two new in dash, and 2 more new down in the well pointing inward)

The trick was to get the stereo updated at the dealer to get a fader!  WOW, being able to push the sound down in the well and balance it out with the ones on the dash that melt your face off--- is what made the sound come to life.  It gives the sound a stereo presence that is incredible.

And it is so loud and clear it is great.  I aint joking, this is loud.  I would never guess a motorcycle could rock like this.  Very happy !

Did not lose the bags at all, and have incredible clarity, volume, and presence.  Exactly what I wanted. 

Cost about $2k +

jcd520

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »

Hey Rat monkey------------
What bike do you have ?
Not real clear on a couple of things -----did you do saddlebag lid speakers or not? If so what kind ?

If I understand your post right you flashed your radio so it had fade and your system is set up to fade from the upper fairing to the lower fairing.......I was thinking of doing just that if I don't do lid speakers. Thanks  , let me know.

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:48 AM »

Hey Rat monkey------------
What bike do you have ?
Not real clear on a couple of things -----did you do saddlebag lid speakers or not? If so what kind ?

If I understand your post right you flashed your radio so it had fade and your system is set up to fade from the upper fairing to the lower fairing.......I was thinking of doing just that if I don't do lid speakers. Thanks  , let me know.

Howdy.  I have the 2012 Maple RG.   I do not have "lower fairings."  I meant that I have speakers installed in the fairing, but down inside pointing inward towards the forks.  It is great !  And yes, the fader allowed me to spread the music between those speakers and the ones in the dash (stock positions). 

The fader is what makes it all work right.  Otherwise the ones in the dash will melt your face off way before you can hear the ones down below pointing inward.  By using the fader and putting the sound down below and slowly bringing sound up to the dash speakers you will hear the sweet spot where it is balanced and great.  Then, just turn it up !  Very cool. 

This was a long painful process to get the right amp and speakers and stuff.  Now, it is a perfect package for anyone who really wants an incredibly loud and clear system and still keep the bags free from amps and stuff.   I am really happy. 

PM me if you want the exact parts or # to the shop that did it for me.  You really may need some tech help for the electrical issues. 
Good luck !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.