Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: HD CEO Matt Levatich Fired  (Read 4738 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: HD CEO Matt Levatich Fired
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 09:27:08 PM »

Nothing like locking the barn door AFTER the horses are gone.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 10:02:05 PM »

I think HD hung on to Levatich hoping for something that was never going to materialize.  Wonder who’s on deck?

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:07:27 AM »

Great ...now we have another new guy.....this Mr. new executive ran Puma. A sporting good company that makes tennis shoes.    Go figure...... :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

mark

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 07:48:02 AM »

Is that soup and cereal bar salesman HD fired available?

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »

Is it to much to ask for a CEO with some basic Industry knowledge or at least be an enthusiast.  Playing CEO lottery doesn't give much hope
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 08:31:51 PM »

Great ...now we have another new guy.....this Mr. new executive ran Puma. A sporting good company that makes tennis shoes.    Go figure...... :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

He was hired to improve the boot line up
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »

Zeitz (the new guy) is worth reserving judgment on.  For one of my side gigs I did some basic research on him just two or three years ago.  The track record is significant.

He took charge of Puma when he was young (30-ish) and the company was in trouble.  It's now an international powerhouse and doing much better than the German economy more generally.  He stayed with new ownership after Puma was acquired several years after his tenure began and reports suggest good work there as well. 

For a generation or so the guy has preached sustainability and eco-sound production in large business and doing that in ways that don't contradict business efficiency.  He was (if you believe the press) a big reason Harley is now doing the LiveWire.

He's only announced as a placeholder so far.  No clarification on how long-term he'll hold the reins.  Hell, there's no clarity on whether Harley's reins are worth holding for another generation; at least not without a major re-boot that would leave all of us old farts scratching our heads and wondering what the company and all its young whippersnapper new customers had become.

Hell, I wish just about any new guy luck and any company good fortune; both for its employees and its shareholders and its customers.  So for a short trip or a longer ride good fortune to the new German and any vision / change that might lead the company forward such that it can once again find ways to even get out of its own way.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »

Zeitz (the new guy) is worth reserving judgment on.  For one of my side gigs I did some basic research on him just two or three years ago.  The track record is significant.

He took charge of Puma when he was young (30-ish) and the company was in trouble.  It's now an international powerhouse and doing much better than the German economy more generally.  He stayed with new ownership after Puma was acquired several years after his tenure began and reports suggest good work there as well. 

For a generation or so the guy has preached sustainability and eco-sound production in large business and doing that in ways that don't contradict business efficiency.  He was (if you believe the press) a big reason Harley is now doing the LiveWire.

He's only announced as a placeholder so far.  No clarification on how long-term he'll hold the reins.  Hell, there's no clarity on whether Harley's reins are worth holding for another generation; at least not without a major re-boot that would leave all of us old farts scratching our heads and wondering what the company and all its young whippersnapper new customers had become.

Hell, I wish just about any new guy luck and any company good fortune; both for its employees and its shareholders and its customers.  So for a short trip or a longer ride good fortune to the new German and any vision / change that might lead the company forward such that it can once again find ways to even get out of its own way.

Maybe he can bring something to the table that will change the direction HD is heading, as well as redesign the footwear
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »

Maybe he can bring something to the table that will change the direction HD is heading, as well as redesign the footwear

I'm already seeing a new Bar and Shield logo with a cat and its claws coming through the backside.  Meow !!

mark

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 11:46:49 PM »

Isn’t the “new guy” just a place holder until the board selects the real new “real guy?”

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 05:24:44 AM »

I bet he will be a permanent place holder..

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »

I'm already seeing a new Bar and Shield logo with a cat and its claws coming through the backside.  Meow !!

I like Puma socks, have several pair.  Do not have any of their shoes.  My expectation is that HD sock sales are poised to soar.

HD investors are hoping to add a "t" to that, after the "s".

Wish them & him well.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »

I bet he will be a permanent place holder..

And I'd bet that will require some negotiation between the two and concessions from the Board to entice said new guy to take on the gig with whatever definition they might give permanence.  Taking the job at HD in today's environment might be uncomfortably similar to being the new manager of the Houston Astros.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 03:21:02 PM »

And I'd bet that will require some negotiation between the two and concessions from the Board to entice said new guy to take on the gig with whatever definition they might give permanence.  Taking the job at HD in today's environment might be uncomfortably similar to being the new manager of the Houston Astros.

Well Said.

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »

I concur with your assessment of Zeitz, but don't believe he is the long-term player in the CEO role. My bet is he will orchestrate an acquisition of a strategic player (think KTM, Zero or some other metric brand that is appealing to the younger riders) and after a few years, the new CEO will come from there.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 03:43:31 PM »

"...the company took some dramatic measures and announced on February 28, 2020, that CEO Matt Levatich was stepping down. LiveWire advocate and Puma sport brand savior Jochen Zeitz stepped in as the struggling company’s new commander in chief, charged with the mission to turn things around."

Apparently Zeitz is the reason Livewire is on the salesfloor.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

marko61

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 10:27:04 AM »

"...the company took some dramatic measures and announced on February 28, 2020, that CEO Matt Levatich was stepping down. LiveWire advocate and Puma sport brand savior Jochen Zeitz stepped in as the struggling company’s new commander in chief, charged with the mission to turn things around."

exactly ... and it is also one of the reasons for the losses of HD .... it has always been mr. Puma wants certain abortions like Pan America and I'm sure that if he stays he will do even more damage than poor Matt

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »

Where is Willey G when we need him?????  I thought Bill Jr would step up but I guess he is got his millions so doesn't need or want a leadership role.   

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 02:13:00 AM »

Looking back at Harley through the decades & bike changes especially since WWII, the company has changed a lot. It had to in order to survive. The challenge is twofold: create new bikes that appeal to new riders while not alienating their existing customer base.  At this point, neither one of these appears to be going that well.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2020, 07:12:42 AM »

Levatich made several moves that I thought were well intended. Knowing that we Baby Boomers are disappearing, he made efforts to lure Latinos, blacks and women with marketing. He was a proponent of the electric bikes resulting in the LiveWire. He supported the move to build bikes overseas to avoid tariffs and fees. He cut back in the areas of HOG and Ladies of HOG to try and save money. Smartly he introduced the buy back program where a rider can buy a Sportster, then a year later return it to the dealer who will buy it back at 100% of sale price if they buy another larger bike. Those are all traditional actions CEOs take to save money and turn a company around.

What he failed to do is address the fact that the bikes are all overpriced. He failed to correct manufacturing issues like overheating, cheap parts that grenade engines, and out dated engine and motorcycle designs. People don't have the liquid cash to buy these overpriced bikes, and those who do feel angry and resentful when the bike keeps going into the shop.

But I could be wrong
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

mark

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2020, 08:24:26 AM »

Ironhorse, I couldn’t agree more with your second paragraph.  I don’t think the public balks at paying a premium price for a premium product...just look at Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, etc.  However, with the out-the-door cost of a CVO nipping at the heels of a fully loaded pickup truck, it better perform excellently, be reliable, and the dealership bend over backward to fulfill my needs. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 09:00:02 AM »

What he failed to do is address the fact that the bikes are all overpriced. He failed to correct manufacturing issues like overheating, cheap parts that grenade engines, and out dated engine and motorcycle designs. People don't have the liquid cash to buy these overpriced bikes, and those who do feel angry and resentful when the bike keeps going into the shop.

But I could be wrong

I pretty much agree.  I can afford the bikes.  The issue is, you do not acquire enough income or money to pay 40K for a bike, and be okay with chitty quality.

I am on my 7th CVO since 2009, put 45K on them.  Each one has had more issue and troubles than the one before it.

I love the paint scheme and color on my 2019 CVO RG red pepper.  It has been a quality nightmare.  The number of quality issues is astronomical.

1.  on the 2nd set of replacement front rotors at 21K miles and the set on the bike are wrapped again.
2.  Seat was replaced as it was very worn at 12K miles and my older bikes with way more miles seats had no wear, seat is showing wear bad again, 21K miles
3.  Saddle bag lid replaced as paint was flaking off.
4.  Speedometer is being replaced due to drips on inside of glass.
5.  Left had switch housing replaced as it quite working
6.  Volume control does not work, looks to be BCM
7.  Fork legs replaced as paint all was falling off
8.  Shifter lever was replaced, all the paint was gone.

Seriously, this bike as had 2 times as many issues as my 03 Fatboy and my 13 CVO King combined.

No excuse for quality this bad, especially on a 42K bike.

This is what Harley needs to fix.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

BigLock

• Elite CVO Member
  • CVO1 2012
    • NC

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 08:10:25 PM »

I agree with you Dave. I had issues with my 18 one of the front speakers was bad from the factory,lid speaker went out, switch lock button for bags wouldn't work from factory and fork legs look like they are pitting now . I guess they just skip the QS9000 part.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
CEO at Harley Davidson Steps Down
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 10:00:13 PM »

https://advrider.com/breaking-harley-davidson-ceo-president-steps-down/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=03_05_2020

I'm trying to substantiate this article.  Has anyone else heard it.

I'm a week late. I should have checked the "News" thread first.  Sounds like Harley has a lot of adjustment coming up.  You all make good points. And that, I guess, is why I'm still riding my 2009 and lovin' it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 09:40:36 PM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »

I am sure that Matt had a nice golden parachute packed and ready to go when he left.
 :oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2020, 07:52:12 PM »

While killing some time at the desk hiding from the StellaArtoisVirus this afternoon and early evening just saw the following.  Maybe already re-thinking how much personal "leash" the new CEO gets from my personal perspective.

His Board rather forcefully turned down the idea of any new board members as was suggested from a major investor and in the same SEC filing Zeitz was attributed with the following:

As further evidence of this transformation, in 2020 we will expand our focus from heavyweight motorcycle unit shipments to revenue from motorcycles and related products segment as a primary objective and measure for the year. This measure best reflects our comprehensive efforts to expand into new product segments and foster a customer-creation culture - one that is laser-focused on our riders and fans who are passionate about our great brand. Looking forward, our efforts will only intensify.

So now as a formal declarative the company no longer pays attention to motorcycles as its first and best metric of whether it, as a motorcycle company, is successful.  As declared to the SEC it's now just "revenue" with everything secondary to that as a goal.

If that could be conjured to mean better bikes = more bikes = more revenue and everything else follows on that one might feel some comfort in the idea.  That's chimerical to what Mother Harley has done for a generation though.  Or, to put it all in the HD mother tongue; is it that they hope to sell a butt ton of expensive t-shirts?

https://investor.harley-davidson.com/static-files/26da57ca-18dd-4b15-be2c-33dbb7b656dc

J.D.

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2020, 08:29:39 PM »

Basically sounds like mgmt is conceding the bike sales in favor of merchandising the HD brand.  You don't need a lot of industry background to do that.

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2020, 11:48:04 PM »

As further evidence of this transformation, in 2020 we will expand our focus from heavyweight motorcycle unit shipments to revenue from motorcycles and related products segment as a primary objective and measure for the year. This measure best reflects our comprehensive efforts to expand into new product segments and foster a customer-creation culture - one that is laser-focused on our riders and fans who are passionate about our great brand. Looking forward, our efforts will only intensify.

No offense, but WTF does that mean?  The paragraph is simply marketing babble.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

mark

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 12:28:39 AM »

No offense, but WTF does that mean?  The paragraph is simply marketing babble.

When I was working we saw this type nonsensical babble when divisions had nothing to say but were required to submit something.  This tells me they don’t have a clue as to how things might turn around.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 01:36:25 AM »

We have all seen the t-shirts that ask "do you have a Harley or just a t shirt?"

Going forward the MoCo will sell shirts that say "we don't sell bikes but we do have cool t shirts"
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 07:39:07 AM »

Certainly looks like they are going to hide unit sales numbers .

;) ;)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 09:36:07 AM »

Certainly looks like they are going to hide unit sales numbers .

;) ;)

Yup, and once again they aren't inventing something new, it's a ploy the auto makers have been using for some time to shift the focus from the very short term sales reports to longer term measureables.  The auto industry used to release ten day sales reports for pete's sake, and they spent most of every month having to answer to industry analysts and stockholders after every ten day report.  And people wonder why they were so short term oriented.

Harley will most likely find that the once highly profitable motor clothes and accessory lines will lose ground rapidly for the same reason bike sales are falling off.  The generations that drove all those various profit centers are fading away, and the days of Harley being able to make a ton of money putting their name on shirts and ashtrays and all that other stuff will come to an end just like the sales of overpriced and underwhelming motorcycles of dubious quality are fading away.  I assume we'll eventually see one of the vulture capitalist groups buy them, saddle them with unbearable debt, and then sell off any valuable assets.  In other words, the same thing that's been done to many of our formerly big and successful companies over the past few decades.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 09:38:11 AM »

What Jerry said.

And as HD looks to who their market is & the demographic they might expand into new areas. Harley logos are already on a lot of products & not all are bike related.  Maybe they branch out into HD themed planned community developments like Del Webb, nursing homes, and mobility scooters?

mark

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 10:25:39 AM »

HD is a victim of “over-branding” already.  There’s a limit to how much people will pay for dog collars, playing cards, tool boxes, towels, shot glasses, socks, sunglasses, jewelry, bath mats, cup holders, cell phone cases, etc., just because it has the HD logo.  Years ago I stopped buying the branded items, including shirts...had plenty and just couldn’t justify paying $75 for a $20 sweatshirt made in Vietnam.  If the public isn’t buying bikes, they’re not going to buy any of the branded items either. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »

Did the same, quit buying HD branded logo stuff a very long time ago.  Lots of it just over too priced. Used to get t shirts but after I had enough t shirts I just quit.  Loyalty programs have been the reason I got the last couple - had to spend the points before they were gone.

I think there is still some areas that HD could expand into - seriously - that they have not tapped.  This economic downturn is going to be very rough on a lot of companies.  A company like Harley that depends heavily on not necessarily basic needs product - large motorcycles used for leisure activities - will be hurt worse.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

HD is a victim of “over-branding” already.  There’s a limit to how much people will pay for dog collars, playing cards, tool boxes, towels, shot glasses, socks, sunglasses, jewelry, bath mats, cup holders, cell phone cases, etc., just because it has the HD logo.  Years ago I stopped buying the branded items, including shirts...had plenty and just couldn’t justify paying $75 for a $20 sweatshirt made in Vietnam.  If the public isn’t buying bikes, they’re not going to buy any of the branded items either.

So true!

And the fact that none of the products are made in the U.S. is a major turn off!  I have never been a branding guy anyway except for maybe t-shirts but as of now I can't fit anymore t-shirts in the closet!  Even stopped buying event shirts awhile ago, can't wear them out fast enough.  Plus why when you own a HD does everyone think you need all HD branded gifts...I own other bike brands and no one gives us Ducati, BMW & Suzuki stuff?  Also as I have stated in other threads....their branded stuff suffers from (price & quality) it's mostly expensive junk!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:12:47 PM by RivRaptor »
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Bill

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

Re: CEO DIRED
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2020, 11:28:00 AM »

Interesting story.  From the board down the company needs to be reorganized. If HD continues in it's present state it may not survive until it is bought out. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2020, 07:21:28 AM »

Very interesting story.  It would make sense he was let go, as stated years of poor performance. 

The board and the company need to be refocused and find a direction that includes quality.

Quality as gone down hill since my first CVO in 2009, slowly at first but much more rapidly after 2016.

My 19 CVO road glide was 10K more than my 09 road glide, yet not much added to the bike, XM radio and GPS, but xm is gone for 2020.  Lots of stuff not on the 19  that was on the 09.  09 had only a couple warranty issues.  The 19 has had lots of issues, for example its got its 3rd set of front brake rotors on order, speedometer on order, had left switch housing replaced, seat replaced, heal shifter replaced, saddle bag lid replaced, front fork leges replaced.

Why would some one buy another CVO when you cant ride 6K miles on a set of rotors?  I get more miles out of tires.  I cant afford to replace rotors 3 or 4 times a year when bike is out of warranty.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2020, 08:44:59 AM »

Changing chief executives while keeping the same entrenched board members is nothing more than a distraction designed to fool the clueless.  The board at Harley needed to be heavily shaken up a very long time ago, and that also goes for a lot of other big corporations these days.  Board members are way too comfortable just going through the motions and making the same mistakes year after year; unfortunately nothing ever changes UNLESS one or two very wealthy people gain control of enough shares to be able to force change.  I've seen it happen elsewhere, but at this point the group in the article Bill posted doesn't control enough shares to be able to influence the lunch menu at board meetings, much less the makeup of the board and the direction of the company going forward. 

JMHO - Jerry

mark

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2020, 12:41:06 PM »

Maybe the best thing that could happen to the MoCo is to become a privately owned company.  This would take trying to appease large stock holders out of the mix.  The downside...we’ve seen companies that go private get raided by the new owners...they cut expenses to the bone, outsource, layoffs, etc., then sell off what’s left when they can turn a tidy profit.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2020, 10:28:34 AM »

Maybe they could get Keith Wandell back?

harleytacticalnut

• Harleytacticalnut
  • Full CVO Member
  • Don’t Tread On Me
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE,
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE, 2017 FLHXSE, 2018 FLTRXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLTRXSE, 2020 FLHTKSE, 2021 FLTRXSE
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2020, 09:40:02 PM »

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy.  :orange: :mango: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:
Defend the 2nd Amendment with your life
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 24 queries.