Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Harley Discontinues 3 Models, Some Colors, and Halts Production of CVOs for 2020  (Read 5645 times)

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt

According to this, they are making some changes to streamline production.  All touring except the standards will have Trac Control,  GTS will come Std on Touring, FXDR Discontinued,  and more...
PLUS NO MORE CVOs WILL BE PRODUCED FOR 2020 so dealer inventory is all you will see until Jan/Feb 2021.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole

I'm not sure that I am reading this correctly but it looks like they may have also discontinued Billiard Blue from the touring (Non CVO) lineup?   I thought that color was pretty cool...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

Changeover time, and with a bad sales period in Spring there are enough - probably more than enough - 2020s already out there.  2021 will bring more changes no doubt, will be interesting to see the CVOs (I hope).
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible

It seems that this video has been scrubbed from YouTube. Can't find it. ??? :nixweiss:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member

Says it’s private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

Looks like he has taken it down for some reason.   It was from Matt Laidlaw,  I follow him on YouTube.   Maybe it was inaccurate or something??  I guess we will see if he puts it back up.   https://www.youtube.com/user/zeallistic/videos

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam

Changeover time, and with a bad sales period in Spring there are enough - probably more than enough - 2020s already out there.  2021 will bring more changes no doubt, will be interesting to see the CVOs (I hope).

Really depends on area.  Local dealer will be out of new bikes to sell before memorial day weekend.  What is he suppose to sell to keep his doors open and pay the bills if he has no 2020 bikes to sell for the end of May though the new year?
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mark

Really depends on area.  Local dealer will be out of new bikes to sell before memorial day weekend.  What is he suppose to sell to keep his doors open and pay the bills if he has no 2020 bikes to sell for the end of May though the new year?
I don’t know...maybe reassign bikes from dealers that are overstocked to more successful stores?  There’s probably some dealers that would like a smaller inventory.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member

I don’t know...maybe reassign bikes from dealers that are overstocked to more successful stores?  There’s probably some dealers that would like a smaller inventory.

If indeed it comes down to running out of bikes I agree with Mark that they will move bikes from less
productive dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust

x2.  Re-align inventories plus it appears there will be more HD dealers closing which will mean more bikes.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE

Is Harley production still shut down?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE

no CVO's until Jan 2021??  So nothing in Aug/Sept like always?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

no CVO's until Jan 2021??  So nothing in Aug/Sept like always?
The new CEO has decided that they will introduce the '21s in Jan/Feb as opposed to Aug/Sep like they have in the past.   He thinks that introducing them towards the beginning of the riding season will be better than rolling them out towards the end.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

The new CEO has decided that they will introduce the '21s in Jan/Feb as opposed to Aug/Sep like they have in the past.   He thinks that introducing them towards the beginning of the riding season will be better than rolling them out towards the end.

The things that make us laugh.  Here's a story:

Long time ago and moderately far away.  On a really well used and rarely cleaned 1987-? FXRT pulled in to a little greasy spoon in Holbrook, Nebraska.  Coming in from west across the plains were clouds that spoke loudly saying "don't ride this way son."  So I didn't.  Greasy spoon was refuge. 

I wasn't inside more than five minutes before the wind picked up and the thunder started shaking the place.  Coming in from the west just ahead of the Travel Gods' Band in the Sky came some guy even dustier than me on an FL.  He knew he wasn't going to outrun the storm so he was stopping too.  Holbrook (at least then) had, maybe, 1500 people.  If you wiped a bug out of your eye you missed it so we were both lucky to slide in to the place when we did.

Both sat down and, of course, started talking about motorcycles.  This, of course, meant Harleys.  The topic, and the only time I ever remember talking about it, was why didn't Harley release new year model bikes at the beginning of a riding season when people would be most interested?  It made sense then too.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?

I guess it's all a matter of timing and tradition...look at the car/truck market they always release the new vehicles in late summer/early fall. I never understood how you can call something a 2021 model when it was designed built and sold in 2020... :nixweiss:
Considering many owners change parts and do mods to make the bike their own I wonder how smart it is to introduce new year models at a time when shops are busy prepping bikes for riding season and factories were shut down for Christmas and New Years?
Not to mention that many customers will be broke from holiday gifts and trips and worried about tax time in April?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 21 queries.