Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Final Results of the upgrade  (Read 716 times)

crotchetyoldfart

Final Results of the upgrade
« on: March 31, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »

First off, thanks to everyone who made a post here regarding exhaust and reducing heat on later model CVOs.

Through this forum I found Ed Draher and Lloyd of Vtwin Solutions in the Dallas area that could address my issues.

My goal was to reduce heat, address the crappy performance with todays ethanol laced fuel imposed on us by a liberal government.

The first step was to get rid of the Cat and we did that by installing an exhaust system by DragoBikeWorks 2:1 SCS4, then I chose, on Ed's and Lloyd's recommendation a Wild Thing TC-24D Cam designed by Mike Rowland, sold by Kuryakyn with Woods lifters and HD adjustable push rods.

Ed recommends a tuner by TechnoResearch and I kept the Screaming Eagle intake.

It was not convenient for me to do a baseline on my stock engine, so Ed included in the graph a baseline 110 from another bike for comparison, which you can see in the attached graph.

My net gain which can be seen in the attached graph shows 14.8hp and 13.6 foot pounds torque improvement.

I can tell you by the "seat of the pants" there is significant performance gain. After a 250 mile ride yesterday I can attest that there is a significant reduction in heat.

I guess the only negatives is that the exhaust is louder than I would have prefered and that the power band moved further forward than I would have liked. I like to cruise the back roads which means 60 MPH (plus or minus). I hit 60 at about 2200 rpms in sixth gear which means that I am continually shifting between fifth and sixth in order to maintain 2500 rpms (optimum performance).

I have not checked fuel mileage yet to know where that landed.

I can tell you that if you want git up and git...it's there.

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.