Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: What Cleaner Is Best???  (Read 25502 times)

vjtaz

What Cleaner Is Best???
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:56:15 AM »

I am a new Harley CVO owner and looking for the best cleaner or cleaners for my bike.  I am very anal and want to keep my bike clean and shiny.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank You,

VJTAZ - 02CVOG3

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: What Cleaner Is Best???
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:00:42 AM »

S100 products, Cycle spray and chrome soap. Glare products for polish.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 01:52:19 AM »

The S100 products are certainly quick to use but a mate of mine didn't wash off, I think it was the cleaner, properly and apparently stained his chrome.
I prefer the Harley stuff (Yes, I am unfortunately brainwashed into thinking the MoCo is the be all and end all) - does a reasonable job, takes longer but I actually enjoy the cleaning and polishing, I find it theraputic (On my bike only guys-sorry) :coolblue:

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 10:33:40 AM »

The S100 works fine for me as well, but the daily wipe down cuts out a few full washes per month. The HONEY-DO's are enough to keep me busy at times, don't need to be cleaning the scoot instead of ridin.

charlie

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 08:47:59 PM »

the best cleaner i have found is FW1 from rgs labs it removes tar, grime, bugs, just about everything and leaves the bike looking great.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:40:02 PM »

I use a product called 210. It is a plastic/metal cleaner. I picked it up for my windshield and started using it on my fairing and saddle bags. Now I clean the entire bike with it. It is a simple white label aerosol can that I came across in Daytona in 01 and I've been using it since
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 09:54:17 PM »

I use a product called 210. It is a plastic/metal cleaner. I picked it up for my windshield and started using it on my fairing and saddle bags. Now I clean the entire bike with it. It is a simple white label aerosol can that I came across in Daytona in 01 and I've been using it since

Is it like the S100, just spray it on and rinse off? :nixweiss:

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 09:59:29 PM »

It is a polish of sorts. You wipe it off. It wouldn't be good for the motor like S100. However it is excellent for the windshield.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 05:39:42 AM »

:nixweiss:  My Brother-in-law uses Pledge furniture Polish - he used it on his Goldwing aand when he swopped for the Heritage Softail he kept right on using it.....I expressed my doubts but so far so good....reminds me of the bloke who jumped off the block of flats - every floor he passed he thought so far so good!!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »

I am a new Harley CVO owner and looking for the best cleaner.

Thank You,

VJTAZ - 02CVOG3

Your wife...but you must make sure she understands the conditions!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »

Your wife...but you must make sure she understands the conditions!
LOL!!! It's one thing to help a new CVO owner spend his money, but what you're suggesting might just be suicide. :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 09:28:48 PM »

LOL!!! It's one thing to help a new CVO owner spend his money, but what you're suggesting might just be suicide. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

It's always best to start out RIGHT !!!  Oh $#!t, here comes the wife...gotta run!!!

Sgt072

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »

The best polish out there is Glare.  I purchase Glare Polish, Glare Quick Shine, Glare Leather.  They are great products.  The Glare Quick shine is not as quick to use as the Harley spray or S-100.  But for new bikes and old bikes with Scratches Glare products are great.

The products are not cheap but good things do not always come cheap.

When you call Glare tell them you are a member of this site and he will give you 10% off.

The number or web site is in previous subject titles.

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 08:26:33 PM »

I am a new Harley CVO owner and looking for the best cleaner or cleaners for my bike.  I am very anal and want to keep my bike clean and shiny.

Thank You,

VJTAZ - 02CVOG3
You should first start with a visit to the Fired00d School of Harley-Davidson Detailing and OCD...
But be warned - he doesn't come cheap!!!!
TC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »

You should first start with a visit to the Fired00d School of Harley-Davidson Detailing and OCD...
But be warned - he doesn't come cheap!!!!
TC

Tony,
Shhhhh, don't tell anybody but when you saw the bike it hadn't been washed in a couple weeks. ;) You should see it after I detail it. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 09:57:32 PM »

The best polish out there is Glare.  I purchase Glare Polish, Glare Quick Shine, Glare Leather.  They are great products.  The Glare Quick shine is not as quick to use as the Harley spray or S-100. 

Sgt-
What other products did you try before Glare. Just curious. I've just bought some Glare and haven't had a chance to put it through the paces yet, but will post a review afterwards.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

You should first start with a visit to the Fired00d School of Harley-Davidson Detailing

Agreed !!!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »

We just saw Gary's pumpkin  :pumpkin: again a couple of weeks ago.  And of course, our bikes were still showing that we had got caught in a torrential downpour day before, so were looking particularily bad.  But Jamey just hates looking at that gorgeous black and oranage pumkin of his.  There is no doubt that a lot of detailing time goes into that bike.  I'd take any tips offered by Fired00d, his bike shows he knows what he is talking about.  Proof in this case is in the amount of gleam.   :cherry:

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE-3/White Frost & Silver Mist
    • www.harleydavidsonbikers.com
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 08:45:21 AM »

I am very anal and want to keep my bike clean and shiny.

I'm with ya there my brudda!!!!!!  :coolblue:

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash System
S100 Total Cycle Cleaner
Zymol Wax
LIFE BEGINS WHEN YOU GET ONE!!!!!!

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 09:33:20 AM »

That S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is some caustic chit.  If you don't get it all off and out of every nook and cranny, it'll leave a white residue that is pure he!! to remove.  Not for me.  I've never used it on my SEUC.  I learned my lesson with that stuff on my old softail back in 2003.  Took me all summer to get that chit off my bike, and that was after following the directions and COMPLETELY and thoroughly rinsing the machine.  So.............today I use Harley sunwash to wash the bike, and Harley wheel and tire cleaner for those areas.  Ammonia free windex on the powdercoated engine, transmission, primary areas, Glare products and plenty of microfiber cloths.  It takes me about one 12 pack of Yuengling Light and copious amounts of Sirius Channel 14 Classic Vinyl to get through a complete cleaning, but she sure looks schweeeeeeet when I get finished.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 11:35:03 AM by REGGAB »

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »

The Glare products can't be beat in my opinion, and for a fast dust off I use ProtectAll on everything.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 10:15:45 AM by grandpadoc »

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 10:00:01 AM »

That S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is some caustic chit.  If you don't get it all off and out of every nook and cranny, it'll leave a white residue that is pure he!! to remove.  Not for me.  I've never used it on my SEUC.  I learned my lesson with that stuff on my old softail back in 2003.  Took me all summer to get that chit off my bike, and that was after following the directions and COMPLETELY and thoroughly rining the machine.  So.............today I use Harley sunwash to wash the bike, and Harley wheel and tire cleaner for those areas.  Ammonia free windex on the powdercoated engine, transmission, primary areas, Glare products and plenty of microfiber cloths.  It takes me about one 12 pack of Yuengling Light and copious amounts of Sirius Channel 14 Classic Vinyl to get through a complete cleaning, but she sure looks schweeeeeeet when I get finished.

Yeah same thing with me on the s100...used it once...never again!
I am yet to find a spray on rinse off that actually works?

I just use a mild wash with carnuba in it and dry it off good with
microfiber towels...and every now and them put a little wax on it. I actually
like turtle wax chrome polish better than semichrome polish...just cause its easier
to get off and it shines just the same.

The only thing I use that works...but scares me...is a brillo pad on the chrome
pipes where something get burnt on...works likes magic...doesnt scratch...and
has saved hours trying to get stuff off the pipes.

DisAir
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

woohoorider

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

Have any of you guys ever used White Diamond? I use it and wouldn't use anything else. No residue, removes all road grime and bugs, no scratching. Costs about 25 bucks and goes a long way. First I wash with Mr. Clean Auto Wash and use my leaf blower to dry. Hope that helps

REGGAB

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »

Yeah same thing with me on the s100...used it once...never again!
I am yet to find a spray on rinse off that actually works?

I just use a mild wash with carnuba in it and dry it off good with
microfiber towels...and every now and them put a little wax on it. I actually
like turtle wax chrome polish better than semichrome polish...just cause its easier
to get off and it shines just the same.

The only thing I use that works...but scares me...is a brillo pad on the chrome
pipes where something get burnt on...works likes magic...doesnt scratch...and
has saved hours trying to get stuff off the pipes.

DisAir

Yeah, Hey Barry, so you're saying I can use brillo pads............the same ones that come in a box with the soap impregnated in them that Renea uses to to clean baked on stuff from her baking pans.............to get the burned on oil, from my oil cooler hose failure in DC, off the bottom of my new mufflers Terry sold to me, and it won't scratch them one bit?  That'd be cool, cause Simichrome is taking FOREVER!  I'm not gonna try it until I get an answer back from you............seems like it would do more harm than good, but if you tell me it will get the burned oil off and won't harm my mufflers, then I trust ya Bro!

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 10:34:05 PM »

Yeah, Hey Barry, so you're saying I can use brillo pads............the same ones that come in a box with the soap impregnated in them that Renea uses to to clean baked on stuff from her baking pans.............to get the burned on oil, from my oil cooler hose failure in DC, off the bottom of my new mufflers Terry sold to me, and it won't scratch them one bit?  That'd be cool, cause Simichrome is taking FOREVER!  I'm not gonna try it until I get an answer back from you............seems like it would do more harm than good, but if you tell me it will get the burned oil off and won't harm my mufflers, then I trust ya Bro!

Yeah...

Exactly what I said when someone told me! Then I gave it try and the crap came right off...I was killin myself with chrome polish with poor results.

I just wet the pipe and the brillo and the stuff comes off quick!!! No scratches or nothing. I have the D&D fatcats and have noticed no ill effects. But I have to beleive that on cheep chrome it might be taking layers off...but I havent seen any ill effects and thats all I use to get burnt rubber and paint off the pipes now.

Barry

REGGAB

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 10:51:33 PM »

Yeah...

Exactly what I said when someone told me! Then I gave it try and the crap came right off...I was killin myself with chrome polish with poor results.

I just wet the pipe and the brillo and the stuff comes off quick!!! No scratches or nothing. I have the D&D fatcats and have noticed no ill effects. But I have to beleive that on cheep chrome it might be taking layers off...but I havent seen any ill effects and thats all I use to get burnt rubber and paint off the pipes now.

Barry

Thanks Barry!  Blood pressure up.  Nerve pill down the gullet.  Beer in hand.  Music CRANKED!  Brillo on.  I'll let you know how it works out.  DAMN this is scary.   :sweatdrop:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 04:47:15 AM »

I must admit that I too am a loyal fan of the Harley cleaning agents after falling fowl of the dreaded 100 products. 

I would like to know fow to protect the chrome wheels (particularly the rear) after cleaning and polishing.  I heard some company (on a TV advert), claims it protects from brake dust etc, anyone heard anything.  It may be the company that supplies Ultraseal for tyres... ???

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 08:18:25 AM »

I must admit that I too am a loyal fan of the Harley cleaning agents after falling fowl of the dreaded 100 products. 

I would like to know fow to protect the chrome wheels (particularly the rear) after cleaning and polishing.  I heard some company (on a TV advert), claims it protects from brake dust etc, anyone heard anything.  It may be the company that supplies Ultraseal for tyres... ???

Glare, my friend, Glare!  You gotta believe.  That stuff is the schizzle!  Get some.  Use it.  Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 05:21:56 PM »

Glare, my friend, Glare!  You gotta believe.  That stuff is the schizzle!  Get some.  Use it.  Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated!   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Go on then, if I canget it I will try it BUT what about wheel protection? :confused5:

vjtaz

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

I used ADAMS Pink Detail Spray, in my opinion it worked very well.

VJTAZ

REGGAB

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 10:09:08 PM »

Go on then, if I canget it I will try it BUT what about wheel protection? :confused5:

That is just it, use Glare on the wheels.  Works good.  Lasts a long time. 5 years. :coolblue:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2007, 02:55:42 PM »

That is just it, use Glare on the wheels.  Works good.  Lasts a long time. 5 years. :coolblue:
Do  you have shares in the company or something lol ;D

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »

Hey Bagger,

Have you worked up the balls to try the brillo yet?

Barry

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 07:34:37 AM »

Hey Bagger,

Have you worked up the balls to try the brillo yet?

Barry

Yep, but I pvssed out due to time constraints.  I'll get to it.

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 07:39:09 AM »

Do  you have shares in the company or something lol ;D

LOL :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:, no, but I wish I did, and I'd be upfront about it if I did.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: The bottom line is, the stuff works very well.  Use it if you want to, or don't.  The choice is your's.  I'm merely recommending what I believe to be a superior product.  I used to use Rejex, which worked good, but required constant reapplication.  Once Glare is on, it's on.  End of mission.

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 08:50:19 AM »

mothers products work for me
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 04:48:50 AM »

LOL :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:, no, but I wish I did, and I'd be upfront about it if I did.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: The bottom line is, the stuff works very well.  Use it if you want to, or don't.  The choice is your's.  I'm merely recommending what I believe to be a superior product.  I used to use Rejex, which worked good, but required constant reapplication.  Once Glare is on, it's on.  End of mission.

Do you have a website, tried Google but to no avail :nixweiss:

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 07:53:39 AM »

Do you have a website, tried Google but to no avail :nixweiss:

http://autopolish.net/  If you order, don't forget to ask for your 10% discount.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 05:27:15 PM »

http://autopolish.net/  If you order, don't forget to ask for your 10% discount.
Thanks that's great.  Which of their products are you recommending?

FLHRSERAY

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »

The best cleaner,thats a easy one.......my Wife!!!!

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 08:46:02 PM »

I'll tell you what I've ordered, since that would be what I'd recommend, less two items.  I ordered the Concourse kit, which contains the Pro Polish, Micro, and Spider.  I also ordered a bottle of the vinyl and leather cleaner, a bottle of the rapid action spray, and 3 of their microfiber cloths.  Total bill to my door in Alabama was about $130.00 after the CVO Harley 10% discount.  Website has details on all of these products.  They make plenty of other stuff too such as a washing soap, some sort of clay polish, wheel cleaner, and stuff that removes oxidation.  I bought what I thought was applicable for me, and if I had it to do over, I probably would not buy the rapid action spray.  I bought it thinking it would perform like a quick detailer like Harley's spray cleaner and polish, but it isn't much different than the Pro Polish.  Since I've ordered, they've come out with some stuff called Sahara, which supposedly is a quick detailer.  Others on here have used it and have reported that it works very well.  I also think I'd pass on the microfiber cloths, since I can get ones just as good at Advance Auto.  The other stuff I bought has all come in quite handy.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2007, 11:57:30 AM »

I've used several of their products.  You've got a dark colored bike, so the two things that are must haves in my book, is the Glare Spyder and Pro Polish.  The Spyder will revove those fine swirls and scratches which are inevitable on a dark bike...also works well on the chrome.  The Pro Polish is the follow up application, or stand alone.  There is no product that even comes close to the results you'll achieve with this product.

I've also got the Sahara product...it's good stuff to use once you've got the bugs off.  It'll get road dust off the bike without leaving any scratches.  The wash is good stuff as well and won't strip the bike.  The wheel cleaner is some of the best I've ever used, but it's pricey.  It's good for the motor too.  The Leather stuff is light years better than the Harley Goop chit...conditions the leather, protects it from UV, and soaks right in without being greasy.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »

Let me say up front here the best (I MEAN BEST) quick cleaner/wax is Bright One by Pro-Wax

Now that I got your attention,

I agree that Glare has some very good products designed for cleaning waxing and polishing, also I would suggest Master Formula, same kind of product line with same kind of results very very good products. Most of there products require a full cleaning of the bike, not one of those 1/2 jobs before going out on a ride.

I used to use Mist-n-Shine by Wizards just for cleaning, Quick Detailer by Mequires works good also. I would use these when I didn't have the time to use Glare for a quick clean of the bike. I agree S100 is a very good cleaner/wax but as some have said make sure you get all the residue off before leaving it in the sun.

Now let me tell you about Brite One (Pro-Wax), this stuff has a great smell that just makes you feel good like Mist-n-Shine has. This stuff clean's and waxes just like S100 Detail+Wax but works better, and I haven't had the problem of the sun with left behind residue. I found this stuff at a swap meet about two years ago, I talked to the owner of the company as he was selling it in a booth. I see the guy from time to time at our local swap meets, the company is about 50 miles from me. The next time I see him I will work on him to get a cvo discount for our group, I will post it when I do.

You guys have to try this stuff, I personally guarantee this is the best stuff on this planet. Here's a link.
http://www.brite1inc.com/

Roy.........

Johnny80s

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »

Has anyone used the stuff by clean cycle products?  They sent me a quart when I purchased an Air Force Blaster.  I have only used it twice and I threw my S100 crap right in the garbage.  I was thinking of buying some more of it but now you guys have me thinking of other things to try.

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:42 AM »

Ok, My best buds father in law has a few pebble beach cars including one that got best of show in 05 i think. Anyhow, I would never use this stuff on something that got mega miles or sat outside much, but my CVO is pampered like his cars are and as such, a few extra dollars is no big deal, so that said...Zymol is some impressive chit. They have an excellent 2 step clay system to start. Then they have a cleaner called Zymol HD Cleanse that is nicknamed chocolate sauce that is real sweet, actually uses a cocoa extract and almond meal I believe. All there stuff is all natural designed to feed the natural oils a common carwash or cleaner will remove from your paint. Follow the system and there is NO - Never any residue. You need a quick clean up, set it in the sun and break out some bottled water, mist and buff. No swirl marks, smells delicious, the wax - they call a glaze is made from the highest percentage carnuba available plus oils and extract from everything from bannanas to cantalope.

I don't know if its worth the money or not. I do know it is awesome. I do know its used exclusively on many many multi million dollar cars. I do know its expensive, but then again, this is not your ordinary bike - IMHO. I do know I get questioned all the time - "What the heck do you use on that thing?" - Thats my $2 worth...2 cents wouldn't even begin to talk about this stuff. Oh yeah, won another show last week and runner up best in show, the sucker looked like it was dripping wet - and the bugs wipe right off - Zymol ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:00:51 AM by Ceej »
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 10:15:28 AM »

Has anybody tried ProtectAll. Been using it for years for between wash clean ups. It goes on everything and cleans up quick. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned cause you see it everywere there are bikes.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 10:58:58 PM »

I use gojo!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »

I use gojo!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;)  That stuff's kinda' hard to wipe off the paint, ain't it JR?

TTS Mastertune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2007, 09:11:22 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;)  That stuff's kinda' hard to wipe off the paint, ain't it JR?

But it works great on your hands!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 11:35:58 PM »

...only use a little bit. I spray it on the rag and it cleans and stops the static.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2007, 07:19:09 AM »

But it works great on your hands!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I was working on this guys truck once a while ago, him and his girl friend were up in the sleeper experimenting. Later on that night he told me that his girl friend had this idea she had that involved using gojo and the result was not very good. I remember to this day the look on his face while telling me the story.

I swear this is a true story........Roy

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2007, 07:26:07 AM »

I was working on this guys truck once a while ago, him and his girl friend were up in the sleeper experimenting. Later on that night he told me that his girl friend had this idea she had that involved using gojo and the result was not very good. I remember to this day the look on his face while telling me the story.

I swear this is a true story........Roy

Don't think it would ever occur to me to use GoJo for that purpose...I'll bet that reacted with their parts in a not so good way :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

TTS Mastertune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2007, 07:37:17 AM »

Don't think it would ever occur to me to use GoJo for that purpose...I'll bet that reacted with their parts in a not so good way :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Yeah, what Terry said!!! :D And, if they were dumb enough to try that, they may have been dumb enough to get the lemon scent......with pumice!!!!! :o :'(  :nervous: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2007, 07:48:40 AM »

Yeah, what Terry said!!! :D And, if they were dumb enough to try that, they may have been dumb enough to get the lemon scent......with pumice!!!!! :o :'(  :nervous: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Gives new meaning to the term "Sandpaper your A$$", don't it, JR?   ;D ;D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :nervous: :nervous:

TTS Mastertune

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2007, 08:37:05 AM »

Gives new meaning to the term "Sandpaper your A$$", don't it, JR?   ;D ;D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :nervous: :nervous:

Absolutely! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

I purchased some Cycle Care products at a local rally and they are awesome......

www.cyclecare.com

REGGAB

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2007, 10:55:04 AM »

Absolutely! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

Might as well be using LAVA!!  OUCH!!

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 01:08:14 PM »

nothing like a gal who likes a #80 grit condom :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

...ok I'm trying some KY on my bike next time.

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 09:56:36 PM »

What are you trying Kentucky on?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »

Brillo pads are great for white walls.  :coolblue: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2007, 11:03:13 PM »

...your right they named a vaginal lubricant after a state, good marketing.

2006_CVO_HD

• 2008 FLHTCUSE-3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2007, 11:36:45 PM »

Might as well be using LAVA!!  OUCH!!

Hurt da baby......  :nervous:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2007, 09:13:14 AM »

Brillo pads are great for white walls.  :coolblue: spyder

.............and boot or pant marks on exhaust pipes! :2vrolijk_21:

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2007, 09:19:23 AM »

.............and boot or pant marks on exhaust pipes! :2vrolijk_21:

Pant marks ???

Hey spy, I used to use brillo pads to clean white walls but once I found wesley's I never went back. One reason I'm glad I sold the Deluxe (no white walls anymore.....you hoo)

Roy.....

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »

Pant marks ???

Hey spy, I used to use brillo pads to clean white walls but once I found wesley's I never went back. One reason I'm glad I sold the Deluxe (no white walls anymore.....you hoo)

I hear ya, Roy.....I like the blackwalls on the SEEG, but the ole WWW's look great on the Nostalgia.....just set the spokes off to give it that 'look'.  har!  8) spyder

Roy.....
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »

just set the spokes off

Spokes  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

And how do you clean those little buggers?

Roy.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »

Spokes  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

And how do you clean those little buggers?

Roy.....

Don't get started on spokes.   PLEASE.   I don't want to clean them.  I really don't.  But I have been SOOOOOOOOO tempted by a set of wheels with red hubs and rims and gold spokes that I saw.  They would be a nearly perfect complement to the red bike.  Was a cool spoke pattern too.  Please, just set the OCD weapon down and step away.  No one talk about spokes.  Really.  Please  :dizzy2: .

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »

XXXX steel wool (4X) will clean the spokes. Just dab it in wax first and the oxidation and whatever will come right off, ooops didn't mean to talk about it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 04:36:50 PM by grandpadoc »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2007, 05:04:45 PM »

All I'm gonna say about the 'spokes' is: they're polished Stainless Steel by Landmark....and they're spectacular!!!!   :kiss2:   Har! and Roy, they're easy to keep clean, I just use a sponge or spoke brush or microfiber cloth....whatever is handy and hit 'um a lick or 2.  That stainless is wonderful for not rusting or getting grungy like the chromed steel does.   :drink: spyder

REGGAB

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2007, 01:49:32 PM »

All I'm gonna say about the 'spokes' is: they're polished Stainless Steel by Landmark....and they're spectacular!!!!   :kiss2:   Har! and Roy, they're easy to keep clean, I just use a sponge or spoke brush or microfiber cloth....whatever is handy and hit 'um a lick or 2.  That stainless is wonderful for not rusting or getting grungy like the chromed steel does.   :drink: spyder

There's just something about steel wool anywhere within 10 feet of my scooter that makes the hair on my neck stand up.  I started to use it on the burned on oil splotches from my Rolling Thunder oil cooler failure, but resorted to simichrome and elbow grease.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 01:55:57 PM »

There's just something about steel wool anywhere within 10 feet of my scooter that makes the hair on my neck stand up.  I started to use it on the burned on oil splotches from my Rolling Thunder oil cooler failure, but resorted to simichrome and elbow grease.
I'm the same way.....I know that some use it to get the boot marks off of chrome pipes, but I believe it's just gotta scratch the chrome.  The semichrome polish and a cotton cloth is abrasive enough.  ;) spyder

REGGAB

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2007, 02:02:04 PM »

I'm the same way.....I know that some use it to get the boot marks off of chrome pipes, but I believe it's just gotta scratch the chrome.  The semichrome polish and a cotton cloth is abrasive enough.  ;) spyder

I've heard 4X will remove the chrome and expose the copper and nickel.  NOT good!  I believe I'd rather lay up on this one as opposed to going for the green.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2007, 11:14:27 PM »

...4X is what they use to finish fine furniture, but to each there own.

REGGAB

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »

We also use it on magnesium components such as rotor hubs prior to pre-primer/paint treatments with chromium trioxide and calcium sulfate.  Nasty stuff, and although I came very close to using 4X on my mufflers...........I can't get beyond the aviation applications.  That stuff removes metal.  Chrome is metal, so it removes chrome.<---------PERIOD!

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2007, 09:11:13 AM »

There's no comparison to the type of sheen on furniture vs. chrome.  Chrome (good stuff anyway) has a hard, mirror finish with an exceedingly fine, smooth surface, many times smoother than any wood finish.  Touch chrome with steel wool and you'll scratch it.  Maybe not much if you're careful, but enough to show in different light angles. 

The other thing about steel wool is that it leaves microscopic bits of the steel wool embedded in any surface it's used on.  On chromed steel that's setting you up for pitting and rust.

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

REGGAB

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »

There's no comparison to the type of sheen on furniture vs. chrome.  Chrome (good stuff anyway) has a hard, mirror finish with an exceedingly fine, smooth surface, many times smoother than any wood finish.  Touch chrome with steel wool and you'll scratch it.  Maybe not much if you're careful, but enough to show in different light angles. 

The other thing about steel wool is that it leaves microscopic bits of the steel wool embedded in any surface it's used on.  On chromed steel that's setting you up for pitting and rust.

bc

BRAVO, my Brother!  Well said!  You are correct.  Thanks!   :2vrolijk_21:

1Harleyrydr

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »

protectall is my first choice

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »

I tried Glare Spyder on my chrome recently and it polished some scratches off a heat shield scuffed by my BSR.  Doc

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »

On The pipes heel marks ....ready for this one............I used a big pencil eraser (rubber) size of a 1/2 candy bar  and it took the marks off the cat pipe from my rocky shoes.....

The bike was cold...It would have come off a little faster I think if the pipe was warm....
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »

If you're talking about best wash, I'm not sure there is one.  I'm a fan of just regular car wash with carnuba wax in it and blow dry with the leaf blower.  The best cleaner wax that I have found out there is Zymol!  Really grabs the dirt and oxidation off of the bike and sets it up for a good polish if you want to go the extra step.  I've been following the Zymol with Liquid Ice by Turtle Wax to polish.  Then I'll use either Meguires or Liquid Ice spray in between wax/polish jobs.

Oh, and Led Zepplin IV on the stereo :bananarock:
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 21 queries.