Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: What Cleaner Is Best???  (Read 25503 times)

bc

• Full CVO Member
Re: What Cleaner Is Best???
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2007, 09:11:13 AM »

...4X is what they use to finish fine furniture, but to each there own.

There's no comparison to the type of sheen on furniture vs. chrome.  Chrome (good stuff anyway) has a hard, mirror finish with an exceedingly fine, smooth surface, many times smoother than any wood finish.  Touch chrome with steel wool and you'll scratch it.  Maybe not much if you're careful, but enough to show in different light angles. 

The other thing about steel wool is that it leaves microscopic bits of the steel wool embedded in any surface it's used on.  On chromed steel that's setting you up for pitting and rust.

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

REGGAB

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2007, 09:21:34 AM »

There's no comparison to the type of sheen on furniture vs. chrome.  Chrome (good stuff anyway) has a hard, mirror finish with an exceedingly fine, smooth surface, many times smoother than any wood finish.  Touch chrome with steel wool and you'll scratch it.  Maybe not much if you're careful, but enough to show in different light angles. 

The other thing about steel wool is that it leaves microscopic bits of the steel wool embedded in any surface it's used on.  On chromed steel that's setting you up for pitting and rust.

bc

BRAVO, my Brother!  Well said!  You are correct.  Thanks!   :2vrolijk_21:

1Harleyrydr

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »

protectall is my first choice

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »

I tried Glare Spyder on my chrome recently and it polished some scratches off a heat shield scuffed by my BSR.  Doc

limited1432

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 01:20:44 PM »

On The pipes heel marks ....ready for this one............I used a big pencil eraser (rubber) size of a 1/2 candy bar  and it took the marks off the cat pipe from my rocky shoes.....

The bike was cold...It would have come off a little faster I think if the pipe was warm....
Support Our Troops
Thank a Soldier

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 02:18:23 PM »

If you're talking about best wash, I'm not sure there is one.  I'm a fan of just regular car wash with carnuba wax in it and blow dry with the leaf blower.  The best cleaner wax that I have found out there is Zymol!  Really grabs the dirt and oxidation off of the bike and sets it up for a good polish if you want to go the extra step.  I've been following the Zymol with Liquid Ice by Turtle Wax to polish.  Then I'll use either Meguires or Liquid Ice spray in between wax/polish jobs.

Oh, and Led Zepplin IV on the stereo :bananarock:
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.